Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2024, 06:51 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - June 7

Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:4-5

When God calls a man, He does not repent of it. God does not, as many friends do, love one day, and hate another; or as princes, who make their subjects favorites, and afterwards throw them into prison. This is the blessedness of a saint; his condition admits of no alteration. God's call is founded upon His decree, and His decree is immutable. Acts of grace cannot be reversed. God blots out His people's sins, but not their names. --Thomas Watson

We cannot always or even often control events, but we can control how we respond to them. When things happen which dismay or appall, we ought to look to God for His meaning, remembering that He is not taken by surprise nor can His purposes be thwarted in the end. What God looks for is those who will worship Him in the midst of every circumstance. Our look of inquiring trust glorifies Him. This is our first responsibility: to glorify God. In the face of life's worst reversals and tragedies, the response of a faithful Christian is praise -- not for the wrong itself, certainly, but for who God is and for the ultimate assurance that there is a pattern being worked out for those who love Him. -- Elisabeth Elliot

Let us think of nothing but serving God: he will readily provide whatever else we need. --St. Ignatius of Loyola

“There is no better way to thank God for your sight than by giving a helping hand to someone in the dark.” --Helen Keller

“If the only prayer you say in your entire life is ‘Thank You,’ it will be enough.” --Meister Eckhart

Praying is talking to God, meditating is listening go God.

Our spiritual growth is not so much reaching for the things of God, but of removing blocks, so that the spirit of God can reach our hearts.

Prayer questions: 1) is it according to God's word, 2) will God be honored, 3) am I sincere and earnest?

Why Worry, Have Faith.
I can make a hobby out of worrying.
I worry about the noise and then complain when it is too quiet.
I worry about having too many sunny dry spells and then complain when it rains.
I may even be worried about worrying too much.
It is essential to take an honest interest in what goes on around me, and of course it is always wise to analyse a situation and take the necessary precautions to avoid being influenced by anything negative.
However, when all is said and done, my tense and burdened mind will not be able to function clearly enough to arrive at a suitable solution to a problem.
Maybe I should just do the best that I can and beyond that leave it in the hands of God.
To have faith in the self, faith in God and faith in God's plan is a sure way to remain clear and free of burdens. --Author Unknown

You stand tallest on your knees.
Prayer is powerful. In Matthew 7:7-8, Jesus said, "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."
When a child asks his or her parents for something, they will usually do almost anything just to answer the child's request. For example, if a baby starts crying for food, a good parent will drop everything in order to feed the little child.
When you ask your parents for something, they will probably be quite eager to help you. The Bible says that God is our heavenly Father—the best possible father. So, how much more do you think God is looking to answer your prayers?
Therefore, if you need to hear from God, "ask and it will be given to you."
James 5:16 says that "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." Then, James gives an example of the power of prayer: "Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops" (James 5:17-18). That's amazing power. But what gave Elijah such power? Prayer.
It is no wonder that in Matthew 21:21, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done."
Prayer is powerful. When you have unwavering faith in God, He will answer your prayers. That's why you stand tallest on your knees. --Weekly Wisdom

I’m sure you’ve heard the saying, “Tough times don’t last – tough people do!” Hard times are inevitable. It’s true that we’ve been redeemed from the curse. And there’s nothing Satan can do to reverse that. But, he is going to challenge you, so don’t be surprised when things get tough!
Times will come when you have to stand strictly by faith – when you’ll have to speak and act as though what God says is true even when you can’t feel it or see it happening around you. There will be times when everything looks terrible. That’s when you must endure hardness as a good soldier.
So many people hear the word of faith and they say, “Hey! I’m going to try that.” Then when the hard times come, they give up and cave in! But, you see, living by faith is not something you try – it’s a way of life.
You do it when it’s hard. You do it when it’s easy. You do it all the time because you’re not doing it just to get in on the benefits. You’re doing it because you know that faith pleases God.
Things may get a little rough at times. But, you’ll always come out on top if you endure hardness as a good soldier! If you refuse to faint, and never fall away, you will have the victory. The only defeated Christian is the one who quits! --First Impressions

The Seed
In the Far East the emperor was growing old and knew it was time to choose his successor. Instead of choosing one of his assistants or his children, he decided to do something different. He called young people in the kingdom together one day. He said, “It is time for me to step down and choose the next emperor. I have decided to choose one of you.”
The children were shocked, but the emperor continued. “I am going to give each one of you a seed today – one very special seed. I want you to plant the seed, water it, and come back here one year from today with what you have grown from this one seed. I will then judge the plants that you bring, and the one I choose will be the next emperor.”
One boy, named Ling, was there that day and he, like the others, received a seed. He went home and excitedly, told his mother the story. She helped him get a pot and planting soil, and he planted the seed and watered it, carefully. Every day, he would water it and watch to see if it had grown. After about three weeks, some of the other youths began to talk about their seeds and the plants that were beginning to grow. Ling kept checking his seed, but nothing ever grew. Three weeks, four weeks, five weeks went by, still nothing. By now, others were talking about their plants, but Ling didn’t have a plant and he felt like a failure. Six months went by – still nothing in Ling’s pot.
He just knew he had killed his seed. Everyone else had trees and tall plants, but he had nothing. Ling didn’t say anything to his friends, however. He just kept waiting for his seed to grow. A year finally went by and all the youths of the kingdom brought their plants to the emperor for inspection. Ling told his mother that he wasn’t going to take an empty pot. But his mother asked him to be honest about what happened.
Ling felt sick at his stomach, but he knew his mother was right. He took his empty pot to the palace. When Ling arrived, he was amazed at the variety of plants grown by the other youths. They were beautiful — in all shapes and sizes. Ling put his empty pot on the floor and many of the other children laughed at him. A few felt sorry for him and just said, “Hey, nice try.”
When the emperor arrived, he surveyed the room and greeted the young people. Ling just tried to hide in the back. “My, what great plants, trees, and flowers you have grown,” said the emperor. “Today one of you will be appointed the next emperor!”
All of a sudden, the emperor spotted Ling at the back of the room with his empty pot. He ordered his guards to bring him to the front. Ling was terrified. He thought, “The emperor knows I’m a failure! Maybe he will have me killed!”
When Ling got to the front, the Emperor asked his name. “My name is Ling,” he replied. All the kids were laughing and making fun of him. The emperor asked everyone to quiet down. He looked at Ling, and then announced to the crowd, “Behold your new emperor! His name is Ling!”
Ling couldn’t believe it. Ling couldn’t even grow his seed. How could he be the new emperor?
Then the emperor said, “One year ago today, I gave everyone here a seed. I told you to take the seed, plant it, water it, and bring it back to me today. But I gave you all boiled seeds that would not grow. All of you, except Ling, have brought me trees and plants and flowers. When you found that the seed would not grow, you substituted another seed for the one I gave you. Ling was the only one with the courage and honesty to bring me a pot with my seed in it. Therefore, he is the one who will be the new emperor!”
If you plant honesty, you will reap trust. If you plant goodness, you will reap friends. If you plant humility, you will reap greatness. If you plant perseverance, you will reap victory. If you plant consideration, you will reap harmony. If you plant hard work, you will reap success. If you plant forgiveness, you will reap reconciliation. If you plant faith, you will reap miracles. So be careful what you plant, now; it will determine what you will reap tomorrow. The seeds you now scatter will make life worse or better for you or for the ones who will come after you. Someday you will enjoy the fruits or you will pay for the choices you make.
Two thousand years ago someone else told the same story with fewer words, “What you sow, so shall you reap”. If you know who said this, nothing else needs to be said. --Author Unknown

Shouldn’t Have the Onions
“The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.” – Proverbs 18:21
A young man went to a local restaurant that was voted by locals to have the best hamburgers in the city. As the young man approached the cashier to place his order, he began to rattle off the things he did not want on his burgers. He began to explain to the cashier that he did not want onions because he did not want the smell of them on his breath. Because he had nothing to counter the smell, he knew what he ingested was likely to come out of his mouth and not smell too good. Therefore, he decided that he “shouldn’t have the onions.”
It is important for us to know that everything we ingest will come out in some way or another. If we ingest negativity from people, negativity will begin to come out of our mouths. If we ingest positive things, positive affirmations will come out of our mouths. Negativity is like the smell of onions in the eyes of God and we cannot allow ourselves and/or other people place it in our lives.
Doubt, complaining, self-pity are among the many onions we sometimes ingest. Because we ingest these onions, we begin to speak negative things over our lives, and it stinks. We must decide to no longer think or speak negatively over our lives or allow others to do so. God has purpose and destiny for our lives and the enemy knows this and wants to rob us of it. Therefore, it is up to us not to allow negativity to stink it up, but decide that we “shouldn’t have the onions.” --Author Unknown

THE LAST WORD
A sales manager and two of his sales reps are walking to lunch one day when they come across an antique oil lamp. They rub it and a Genie appears, saying, "I'll give each of you just one wish."
One rep is quick to speak up first. He says, "I want to be in the Bahamas, driving a speedboat, without a care in the world." Poof! He's gone.
The next rep speaks up. "I want to be fishing in a stream in the Colorado Rockies." Poof! He's gone.
The genie turns to the sales manager and says, "Your turn." The manager says, "I want those two back in the office after lunch."
It makes a difference who has the last word, doesn't it? The question is: who, or what, will have the last word in your life today? Will your choices today be driven by ambition, revenge, or mere whim?
Or will the Word of God have the final say? Paul said, "Let the word of Christ dwell richly within you, with all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs..." (Colossians 3:16)
Do you know what he's saying? He's saying Let God's word have the last word in your life -- today, and everyday. --Steve May

I've not always been the best man or friend for you but your love remains true and I don’t know why You always seem to give me another try
Do you think that what you have done is too big for God to forgive? Do you believe that what you did was just “too bad” and that there is no way that He can still love you? Thankfully, that’s not true. God is able to forgive us, no matter what you’ve done, and He does because He loves you so much.
And the best part about God’s love is that it is unconditional. You can’t begin to earn His love, and you can never do anything to make His love stop. He loves you no matter what. And His amazing love and grace never ends.
by Chris Daughtry Psalm 136:1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.

Resisting Discouragement by Rick Warren
So don’t get tired of doing what is good. Don’t get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time. Galatians 6:9 (NLT)
There are many things that work to keep us from completing our life-missions. Over the years, I’ve debated whether the worst enemy is procrastination or discouragement. If Satan can’t get us to put off our life missions, then he’ll try to get us to quit altogether.
The apostle Paul teaches that we need to resist discouragement: “So don’t get tired of doing what is good. Don’t get discouraged and give up …” (Galatians 6:9 NLT).
Do you ever get tired of doing what’s right? I think we all do. Sometimes it seems easier to do the wrong thing than the right thing.
When we’re discouraged, we become ineffective. When we’re discouraged, we work against our own faith.
When I’m discouraged, I’m saying, “It can’t be done.” That’s the exact opposite of saying, “I know God can do it because he said ….”
Ask yourself these questions:
How do I handle failure?
When things don’t go my way, do I get grumpy?
When things don’t go my way, do I get frustrated?
When things don’t go my way, do I start complaining?
Do I finish what I start?
How would I rate on persistence?
If you’re discouraged, don’t give up without a fight. Nothing worthwhile ever happens without endurance and energy.
When an artist starts to create a sculpture, he has to keep chipping away. He doesn’t hit the chisel with the hammer once, and suddenly all the excess stone falls away revealing a beautiful masterpiece. He keeps hitting it and hitting it, chipping away at the stone.
And that’s true of life, too: Nothing really worthwhile ever comes easy in life. You keep hitting it and going after it, and little-by-little your life becomes a masterpiece of God’s grace.
The fact is, great people are really just ordinary people with an extraordinary amount of determination. Great people don’t know how to quit.

Do They Know They Are Free?
On a rainy day while during our vacation at the beach we decided to tour the area and visit some of the shops on the island. While the ladies were checking out the dresses and the tee shirts I sat outside watching three very colorful birds perched on swings and limbs of a tree in a courtyard outside the shops. These were no ordinary birds. They were intelligent. When children waved they spoke. When people said "Hello" they said "Hello." They spoke any number of conversational words and could recite on cue ... or when they were in the mood.
It was quite interesting! Children were astonished and amazed. Grownups where humored and entertained.
However, as I sat there watching the birds , the thought occurred to me, "Why don't these beautiful birds fly away?" "What keeps them sitting here on the perch?" "Is it the audience they attract?" "Is it the seeds that are readily available to them?" "Have they been trained in such a way that they do not want to fly away?" "Have they forgotten how to fly?" "Or, have they accepted fact that although they were created to fly, they cannot or should not fly?"
The birds reminded me of people who have learned, been trained, or been brainwashed to accept life at a level that is much lower than they were created to enjoy.
Paul addressed when he wrote: "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. "(Galatians 5:1, NIV)
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free but so often we choose to live in bondage, or we settle for a life in prison. Are we afraid to fly? Are we convinced that staying on the perch is safer, more comfortable, or where we belong? Have we been frightened into thinking that if we get off our perch something bad will happen: we will get hurt, we will get lost, or we will not find the nourishment we need? Why? Why do we settle for the superficial entertainment of strangers when we could be experiencing the freedom that Christ planned for us?
I know very little about birds, so there is probably a very logical explanation for why these birds choose to sit on a perch and entertain strangers instead of soaring through the air. But, I cannot understand why as God's creations we choose to settle for life on perch. Surely He had something more planned for us.
"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. " --Tom

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Behold, I am opening new doors and providing substantial help and supernatural strength for you to accomplish what you have set yourself to achieve. Do not tarry, but move through these portals expeditiously. I will give you the necessary wisdom and direction required at this time to fulfill your intentions. However, you must establish and maintain valid priorities beginning with godly desires and faith if you are to attain your objective, says the Lord. Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

The enemy has sent deception against you, My people, to undermine your hope. Refuse to allow fear or unbelief to weaken your firm foundation of faith. When in doubt, return to the truth of My word and renew yourself in spiritual reality. I am your very present help in times of trouble, and I am with you to uphold you and bring you through this time of trouble in great victory, says the Lord. Stand strong, be courageous, and do not be afraid. Deuteronomy 33:27 The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms; He will thrust out the enemy from before you, and will say, ‘Destroy!’

Beloved, you have come to a bend in the river. You are at a crossroad and a place of a new beginning where you can now move forward and rise up to new levels both spiritually and naturally. It is important for you to purposefully leave the past behind and move beyond what has kept you from being all that you can be in Christ. Determine now to forgive and forget. Wipe the slate clean so that you can proceed unhindered, says the Lord. Philippians 3:12-14 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

I have been with you in your times of testing and trials, says the Lord. The fires of purification have burned white hot, and you have come through your ordeal changed -- transformed by your faith and dependence upon Me. There were times when you would rather have been translated or transfigured, but you have learned obedience through the things you have suffered. And, you are stronger spiritually than ever. These afflictions were exactly what you needed to stimulate your spiritual growth. Hebrews 5:8 Though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.

I was considering the Bonsai, and I heard the Lord say: You are in My hand, and it is My will that you grow according to My specifications. If you will yield to the process of cultivation, I will prune and refine you spiritually so that you represent Me in every aspect, says the Lord. This process is not easy, for you will have to surrender your own will to divine purpose in every choice you make. But, the ultimate outcome will be extremely rewarding not only in this life, but for eternity. Jeremiah 18:2 -6 "Arise and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will cause you to hear My words." Then I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was, making something at the wheel. And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make. Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying: "O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?" says the LORD. "Look, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel!

You are entering a time of advance when you can break through barriers that range from minor issues to significant and momentous change. Be alert and get ready to move forward as hindrances are removed and opportunities present themselves. Pressures that have weighed you down will suddenly lift, and you will experience a sense of release and freedom. Maximize this time of joy with thanksgiving and praise, says the Lord. 2 Corinthians 9:10-11 Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness, while you are enriched in everything for all liberality, which causes thanksgiving through us to God.

Determination is a key ingredient to your success in the matters set before you. You are indeed coming to a new spiritual plateau, but this new level is not easy to achieve, for you will encounter fierce opposition. Discern the attack of the enemy against you and set your face strong against opposing forces. Resist the temptation to run and hide; instead, be strong and courageous in taking and standing this new ground. It is My work that you are manifesting in the earth, and My reward is with those who are obedient, says the Lord. Ezekiel 3:9 "Like adamant stone, harder than flint, I have made your forehead; do not be afraid of them, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they are a rebellious house."

How Can I Thank You
~ Virjinja ~
How can I thank You, Lord?
I can't begin to count the ways!
You have blessed me...
Generously
Immensely
Abundantly
Prolifically
Amazingly
Suprisingly
Magnificently
Astoundingly
When I contemplate your Grace,
I am...
Humbled
Awed
Rejoicing, and
Voicing ~ Your praises
Speaking ~ Your Name
Above every name
Who can compare?
Who would dare?
How to imagine...
a sinner like me
Blessed beyond words ~ blessed so greatly!
How can I thank You, Lord?
There is a way:
I'll tell all who hear
And those, too, who don't
One day they'll recall
How there's nothing I want
You've met all my needs
You've given me more
Than I ever could fathom
Or even pray for
Thank You, Father
For your generosity
I fall down before you
On bended knee
To You be the Glory
I give you my thanks
Your gifts far too numerous...
I cannot keep count!

If Only I Knew
~ Virjinja ~
If only I knew
Hope is fulfilled
That all God's Good
Is never withheld
If only I knew
I'd live each day in Joy
A Joy unparalleled
That nothing could destroy
If only I knew
The truth about True Love
Unlike any other
The Greatest of all loves
Truth be told, I knew it
I knew it all along
I chose to turn away from...
These Gifts of dearest cost
My arrogant rejection of
The Cross of Calvary
Kept me from enjoying
These gifts of Perfect Peace
Praise God, I came to...
He woke me from my sleep
I accepted my Jesus
Knelt humbly at His Feet
If only I knew
Today I'd have this Peace
That passes understanding
My soul, at last, is free
Thank God... I know.

Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his ; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Psalm 100:3

Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall. Psalm 55:22

Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great: He[c] appeared in a body, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory. 1 Timothy 3:16

1 I said, "I will watch my ways and keep my tongue from sin; I will put a muzzle on my mouth as long as the wicked are in my presence." 2 But when I was silent and still, not even saying anything good, my anguish increased. 3 My heart grew hot within me, and as I meditated, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue: 4 "Show me, O LORD, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life. 5 You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man's life is but a breath. Psalm 39:1-5

2Teach the older men to be temperate, worthy of respect, self-controlled, and sound in faith, in love and in endurance. 3Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. 6Similarly, encourage the young men to be self-controlled. 7In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness 8and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us. Titus 2:2-8

24Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25For whoever wants to save his life[h] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. 26What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? 27For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done. 28I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom." Matthew 16:24-26

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21

One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. Psalm 27:4

“Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.” 1 Chronicles 16:34

For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit -- Romans 8:5
The center of all spiritual bondage is the mind. That's where the battle must be fought and won if you are to experience the freedom in Christ He purchased for you on the cross. Paul wrote: "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ" (2 Corinthians 10:3-5).
Before you came to Christ, bad habits and sinful thought patterns were established as you learned to live your life independently of God. Your non-Christian environment taught you to think about and respond to life in a non-Christian way, and those patterns and responses were ingrained in your mind as strongholds. When you became a Christian, your old fleshly habits and patterns weren't erased; they are still a part of your flesh which must be dealt with on a daily basis. Thankfully, however, you are not just a product of your past; you are a new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17), and now you are primarily the product of the work of Christ on the cross.
Old strongholds can be destroyed. Patterns of negative thinking and behavior are learned, and they can be unlearned through disciplined Bible study. Some strongholds are the result of demonic influences and spiritual conflicts from past and present mental assaults. If people believe Satan's lies, those lies will control their lives. These people need to be freed from the shackles of Satan's lies by God's truth. Jesus said: "You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" (John 8:32).
Victory is truly available for those who are in Christ. There is a war raging for our minds, but we are on the winning side, for we are more than conquerors in Christ!
Prayer: Today, Lord, I tear down all thoughts established in my mind against the knowledge of You. I choose to believe who You are and who I am in Christ. --Neil Anderson

"May God give you...
For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile,
for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share,
for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer."
(an Irish blessing)

Your Word, Lord, teaches us to forgive. You Yourself keep no record of our wrongs. Help me to be like You in this respect. Amen

Read Through The Bible
Hosea 14
1 O israel, return unto the Lord thy God; for thou hast fallen by thine iniquity. 2 Take with you words, and turn to the Lord: say unto him, Take away all iniquity, and receive us graciously: so will we render the calves of our lips. 3 Asshur shall not save us; we will not ride upon horses: neither will we say any more to the work of our hands, Ye are our gods: for in thee the fatherless findeth mercy. 4 I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him. 5 I will be as the dew unto Israel: he shall grow as the lily, and cast forth his roots as Lebanon. 6 His branches shall spread, and his beauty shall be as the olive tree, and his smell as Lebanon. 7 They that dwell under his shadow shall return; they shall revive as the corn, and grow as the vine: the scent thereof shall be as the wine of Lebanon. 8 Ephraim shall say, What have I to do any more with idols? I have heard him, and observed him: I am like a green fir tree. From me is thy fruit found. 9 Who is wise, and he shall understand these things? prudent, and he shall know them? for the ways of the Lord are right, and the just shall walk in them: but the transgressors shall fall therein.

His compassions never fail. They are new every morning. Lamentations 3:22-23
Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.
This was the little prayer that I taught my son Chris when he was four. He always said it before my goodnight kiss.
One morning I woke up to a sunshine-filled bedroom and I couldn’t help but wonder, Why isn’t there a prayer for waking up? Then and there I composed this one:
As I waken from my sleep,
This brand-new day of Yours I greet.
Safe You’ve kept me through the night
I’ll serve You now with all my might.
I taught Chris this new prayer of mine, and when our next son came along, I taught it to him, too. It became a family tradition, a way for all of us to greet the day in the same prayerful way that we end it. --Karen L. Brown

Heavenly Father, Help us remember that the jerk who cut us off in traffic last night is a single mother who worked nine hours that day and was rushing home to cook dinner, help with homework, do the laundry and spend a few precious moments with her children. Help us to remember that the pierced, tattooed, disinterested young man who can't make change correctly is a worried 19-year-old college student, balancing his apprehension over final exams with his fear of not getting his student loans for next semester. Remind us, God, that the scary looking bum, begging for money in the same spot every day (who really ought to get a job!) is a slave to addictions that we can only imagine in our worst nightmares. Help us to remember that the old couple walking annoyingly slow through the store aisles and blocking our shopping progress are savoring this moment, knowing that, based on the biopsy report she got back last week, this will be the last year that they go shopping together. Heavenly Father, remind us each day that, of all the gifts you give us, the greatest gift is love. It is not enough to share that love with those we hold dear. Open our hearts not just to those who are close to us but to all humanity. Let us be slow to judgment and quick to forgiveness and patience and empathy and love. Amen

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: https://bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply