Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses for 2015 (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6232)

MajestyJo 04-18-2015 07:04 PM

Bible Study Tools

The saying "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder," goes to say that defining beauty can be tough. However, God's words can lead us to discover what our individual meaning of beauty truly is and should be; that is deter from looking at physical appearance for God looks at the heart in all people and things. Use these Bible verses to find the real beauty in yourself, others, and what surrounds us.

Matthew 23:28 NIV

28 In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

James 1:23 NIV

23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror.

This does not look complete to me, doesn't compute. It could mean many things. He can see many things, see what he wants to see, make himself to be more handsome in his own eye than he really is; or he can see without really seeing. I have heard of several guys in recovery who shaved in the shower rather than look at themselves in the mirror because they couldn't face themselves. So many times we have a false sense of self and see ourselves as ugly, I know I did. Some of the most beautiful people in the program, have the lowest self-esteem and have no sense of self, while others are totally full of themselves.

MajestyJo 04-19-2015 04:41 PM

Bible Study Tools

Inspiration

April 19 Isaiah 40:28-31

28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. 29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. 30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

dwmoeller 04-20-2015 09:22 AM

With humility comes wisdom. - Proverbs 11:2

Thought: You'll never be wise if you already know it all.

MajestyJo 04-20-2015 05:43 PM

Bible Study Tools

Blessings can be associated with protection and happiness. God's blessings protects us, and helps guide us to the path of happiness and righteousness. Use these Bible verses to remind you of the ultimate blessing of protection promised to us, when Jesus died for us on the cross, and use them as a direction to the right path He intended for us.

James 1:17 NIV

17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

So often those gifts go unnoticed. They not be glaringly apparent and glitzy compared to some of the glamour of today, but in reality, they are priceless.

MajestyJo 04-21-2015 04:13 PM

Bible Study Tools

God encourages his people to be kind to one another, even enemies. These Bible verses allow God to speak to hearts on the importance of kindness, which in the end leads to good in the world.

2 Samuel 2:6 NIV

6 May the LORD now show you kindness and faithfulness, and I too will show you the same favor because you have done this.

MajestyJo 04-22-2015 10:25 PM

Bible Study Tools

Through scripture we know that God is faithful, and is always looking over us. He truly cares, and is our protector and comforter in times of need. Whatever the circumstance may be, we can use these Bible verses to provide comfort and peace.

John 14:16-17

16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever-- 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

John 14:26-27

26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

MajestyJo 04-23-2015 01:23 PM

Bible Study Tools

Bible Verses About Strength - The Bible offers many valuable quotes and verses on strength and encourages us to be strong in our faith and our daily walk with Christ. Read Bible verses about strength and how we must be strong in our walk with God, Jesus Christ, and our Christian faith.

Philippians 4:13 NIV

13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

My favourite verse:

The Armor of God

Ephesians 6:10 NIV

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.

dwmoeller 04-24-2015 06:56 AM

Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue lasts only a moment. - Proverbs 12:19

Thought: Tell the truth, and you will never be caught in a lie.

MajestyJo 04-24-2015 08:41 PM

Bible Study Tools

Blessings can be associated with protection and happiness. God's blessings protects us, and helps guide us to the path of happiness and righteousness. Use these Bible verses to remind you of the ultimate blessing of protection promised to us, when Jesus died for us on the cross, and use them as a direction to the right path He intended for us.

John 1:16 NIV

16 From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.

2 Corinthians 9:8 NIV

8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

More blessings, it seemed to be the theme today. God Bless.

BW1 04-25-2015 02:09 PM

"...The Lord God, merciful and gracious, long suffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,
Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that by no means clear the guilty;..."
~ Exodus 34:6-7 KJV

MajestyJo 04-25-2015 07:48 PM

Bible Study Tools

Encouraging Bible Verses and Quotes - Scriptures that offer encouragement in your daily life and provide inspiration and strength as you cope with life's challenges. Read verses from the Holy Bible about encouragement in relation to God, Jesus Christ, and the Christian faith.

Isaiah 41:10 NIV

10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

John 16:33 NIV

33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

MajestyJo 04-26-2015 08:51 PM

Bible Study Tools

Bible Verses and Quotes about Hope - Read passages from the Old and New Testaments that offer hope and encouragement. Everyone needs to be reminded from time to time of the hope that God, Jesus and the Bible offer to us in our daily lives.

Romans 5:2-7 NIV

2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. 6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die.

dwmoeller 04-27-2015 09:28 AM

As water reflects a face; so a man's heart reflects the man. Proverbs 27:19

Thought: Let your heart reflect Christ's love.

BW1 04-27-2015 01:53 PM

Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. ~ Psalm 30:5

MajestyJo 04-28-2015 12:00 AM

Bible Study Tools

Sinful thoughts are often something we believers struggle with. Sometimes we have no control as to what thoughts enter our minds, however we are able to take control of these thoughts. God's Word's help us to recognize our thoughts for what they really are, and how to act (or not act) upon them. Use these Bible verses to help control your thoughts in a way God encourages us to.

2 Timothy 1:7 NIV

7 For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

Matthew 21:22 NIV

22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

BW1 04-28-2015 08:57 AM

And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. ~ Acts 2:42

MajestyJo 04-28-2015 11:17 PM

Bible Study Tools

Inspirational Bible Verses - Read inspirational quotes from the Bible that can help inspire you in times of doubt, loss, mourning, sadness, or hopelessness. The Holy Bible has many passages that can encourage you and give you the strength you need to get through each day.

2 Timothy 3:16 tells us that ALL Scripture is inspired by God and useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness. The Bible is a work of God that was written by human men that were inspired by God. What better source of inspiration than our Creator! Whether you are looking for motivation, encouragement, reassurance, or peace, the Bible can inspire you!

This collection of inspirational Bible verses can lead you into a deeper understanding of who God is and what His plan is for your life. He wants to "prosper you and not to harm you, to give hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11) You can also send these to a family member or friend in need and be assured that God can work miracles when we choose to believe His promises! Use these verses to be inspired and motivated to continue believing and having faith!

Jeremiah 29:11-13New International Version (NIV)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

BW1 04-29-2015 02:39 PM

Tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope. ~ Romans 5:3-4

MajestyJo 04-29-2015 11:46 PM

Bible Study Tools

Bible Verses About Patience - Patience is a virtue and talked about throughout the Bible in the Old and New Testaments. According to 1 Samuel "lack of patience can cause you to miss blessings", so read through the following verses to get more guidance on the importance of being patient in life.

Romans 8:24-30

24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. 26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.
More Than Conquerors
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

It is ironic, the verses in II Thesselonians I wanted I could copy, they wouldn't print.

It has taken over 5 1/2 hours of fighting with my computer to post tonight. I am afraid that a lot of spiritual thoughts went out the window and I am left with a lot of disappointment, regret, pain, resentment, and a few more I haven't put a name to yet. There certainly wasn't a lot of joy and happiness, and that makes me sad. Looks like I will have to pray harder for some patience, for some tolerance, some clarity and a solution, because I can't continue to put myself through this in order to continue posting. On top of it all, no music, no shows, and I ended up with a head ache, not spiritual at all.

dwmoeller 04-30-2015 09:32 AM

A patient man has great understanding. Proverbs 14:29

Thought: Wait on the Lord. He has something good for you!

BW1 04-30-2015 09:34 AM

This is the Lord's doing; it is marvelous in our eyes. ~ Psalm 118:23

MajestyJo 04-30-2015 10:10 PM

N.B. I will not be posting from that site Bible Study Tools any more, I seem to have problems with my computer when I go there.

Today's verse:

Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

Romans 15:33

MajestyJo 05-01-2015 07:19 PM

And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Colossiaans 3:17

MajestyJo 05-02-2015 11:00 PM

A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.

Proverbs 29:23 KJV

BW1 05-04-2015 08:33 AM

In the morning...cause me to know the way whereein I should walk; for I lift up my soul to thee.~ Psalm 143:8

MajestyJo 05-04-2015 11:20 PM

May 3
And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for your's is the kingdom of God. Luke 6:20 KJV

May 4

I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake. 1 John 2:15 KJV

MajestyJo 05-05-2015 09:22 PM

May 5

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

John 14:1 KJV

BW1 05-06-2015 08:47 AM

Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things... ~ Luke 10:41

MajestyJo 05-06-2015 09:56 PM

May 6

Then spoke Jesus again unto them saying: I am the the light of the world. He that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. John 8:12 KJV

MajestyJo 05-08-2015 10:27 AM

May 7

1 John 1:19 NIV

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

BW1 05-08-2015 12:00 PM

If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all. ~ Isiah 7:9

dwmoeller 05-08-2015 01:32 PM

The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it. - Proverbs 27:12

Prayer: Make me wise in your Word, O Lord, and turn me from dangerous ways. Amen.

BW1 05-09-2015 12:08 PM

Fear thou not; for I am with thee. ~ Isaiah 41:10 KJV

BW1 05-12-2015 05:59 PM

The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. ~ Acts 17:24 NIV

BW1 05-13-2015 12:31 PM

A little while, and the wicked will be no more;
though you look for them, they will not be found.
But the meek will inherit the land and enjoy great peace. ~Psalm 37:10-11

dwmoeller 05-14-2015 09:40 AM

Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. - Proverbs 30:8

Thought: Be content with food on the table and the Lord at you side.

BW1 05-14-2015 12:14 PM

And God said..."I set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth.' ~Genesis 9:12-13 RSV

BW1 05-15-2015 11:23 AM

Lord, you are kind and forgiving, most loving to all who call on You. ~ Psalm 86:5

BW1 05-16-2015 10:24 AM

But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of our love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. ~ Psalm 59: 16

BW1 05-17-2015 01:39 PM

... "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his.
he changes times and seasons; he disposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. he reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him.
I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors:
You have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what we asked of you, you have made known to us the dream of the king." ~ Daniel 2:20-23