Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verse Of The Day - November (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1429)

LookingOut 11-25-2013 08:42 AM

Galatians 5:22-25
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.

Recovery means living the fruit of the Spirit. Not only must I recover from cravings, obsession and alcoholism, but I must CRUCIFY them!

:D

dwmoeller 11-25-2013 09:53 AM

The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it. - Psalm 24:1

Thought: All things good come from God.

bluidkiti 11-25-2013 10:17 AM

November 25

And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. Colossians 3:17

Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God Philippians 1:3

Galations 2:20 - 20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Ephesians 5:8-10 — For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord.

bluidkiti 11-26-2013 08:41 AM

November 26

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. Hebrews 12:28

...that I might sing praises to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever! Psalm 30:12

Matthew 6:1-2 - 1 “Watch out! Don’t do your good deeds publicly, to be admired by others, for you will lose the reward from your Father in heaven. 2 When you give to someone in need, don’t do as the hypocrites do—blowing trumpets in the synagogues and streets to call attention to their acts of charity! I tell you the truth, they have received all the reward they will ever get.

Psalm 138:1-3 —

I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart;
before the "gods" I will sing your praise.
I will bow down toward your holy temple
and will praise your name
for your unfailing love and your faithfulness,
for you have so exalted your solemn decree
that it surpasses your fame.
When I called, you answered me;
you greatly emboldened me.

Thanksgiving should be an integral part of our praise to God. This theme is woven throughout the Psalms. As we praise and thank God for material and spiritual blessings, we should also thank Him for answered prayer. Remember when you asked God for protection, strength, comfort, patience, love, or other special needs, and He supplied them? Beware of taking God's provision and answered prayer for granted.

dwmoeller 11-26-2013 09:02 AM

We are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. - 2 Peter 3:13

Thought: Lift your eyes to the Lord, and see what's coming.

LookingOut 11-27-2013 08:41 AM

James 5:16
(NASB)
16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.

What I love about the recovery community is that we do just as commanded in James. We confess our sins and faults and pray for each other and support each other, in God's strength and power, and being blessed by His forgiveness and spiritual gifts.

dwmoeller 11-27-2013 10:48 AM

Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns. - Revelation 19:6

Thought: May the great swell of heaven's praise sound throughout the land.

bluidkiti 11-27-2013 12:20 PM

November 27

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. Colossians 3:16

Let us come to him with thanksgiving. Let us sing psalms of praise to him. Psalm 95:2

Romans 12:2 - 2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Colossians 2:6-7 — So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

bluidkiti 11-28-2013 11:13 AM

November 28

Oh, give thanks to the Lord! Call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples! 1 Chronicles 16:8

Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done. Psalm 105:1

Deuteronomy 8:3 - 3 Yes, he humbled you by letting you go hungry and then feeding you with manna, a food previously unknown to you and your ancestors. He did it to teach you that people do not live by bread alone; rather, we live by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.

Psalm 107:21-22 — Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind. Let them sacrifice thank offerings and tell of his works with songs of joy.

God's giving deserves our thanksgiving.

bluidkiti 11-29-2013 11:04 AM

November 29

Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. Oh, give thanks to the God of heaven! For His mercy endures forever. Psalm 136:1,26

Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name. Psalm 100:4

Hebrews 9:14 - 14 Just think how much more the blood of Christ will purify our consciences from sinful deeds so that we can worship the living God. For by the power of the eternal Spirit, Christ offered himself to God as a perfect sacrifice for our sins.

bluidkiti 11-30-2013 10:02 AM

November 30

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 2 Peter 3:10-11

Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness. Colossians 2:7

Proverbs 3:9 - 9 Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce.