Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Today, 07:11 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - May 17

Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:4-5

No request is too big or too small to bring to God. --Daily Bread

Prosperity comes, prosperity goes, but God's provision is eternal life. --Dave Tait

If God controls you on the inside, you'll be genuine on the outside.

You are God with skin on. You reflect the image of God to others.

If you don't know how to pray, ask God to teach you to pray.

If you have not tried prayer or think it doesn't work, try it; you will be surprised.

In the face of danger, face danger with prayer.

God offers water to satisfy our soul's thirst. Drink deeply!

Soap in My Eyes
And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8
Humming some mindless oldie goldie lyrics in the shower, I lathered up the shampoo. I felt the soap run down onto my face. Instinctively, my eyes shut tight, so the soap wouldn't get in them. Too late. My eyes were burning! I was glad in a few moments, when they were fine, after running some clear water over them.
Reminded me of when I need an attitude adjustment. Or the Lord wants to get my attention. Or He wants to correct something going on with me. He has this way of gently putting 'soap in my eyes" - a little sting, a prick to the conscience. Nothing seriously painful, or permanent. Just a momentary way of getting a message across to me.
Isn't He a wonderful Father?! He wants to keep us on the right path. We are always on His mind, always on His heart. He holds us, day and night, in the palm of his hand.
Next time I'm in the shower, and get a little shampoos in my eyes, perhaps it will be a reminder to listen to the Lord's nudging, and get back to simply loving God, loving others, and doing the next right thing. --Sally I. Kennedy

A Perfect Mistake
Grandpa Nybakken loved life -- especially when he could play a trick on somebody. At those times, his large Norwegian frame shook with laughter while he feigned innocent surprise, exclaiming, "Oh, forevermore!" But on a cold Saturday in downtown Chicago, Grandpa felt that God played a trick on him, and Grandpa wasn't laughing.
Mother's father worked as a carpenter. On this particular day, he was building some crates for the clothes his church was sending to an orphanage in China. On his way home, he reached into his shirt pocket to find his glasses, but they were gone. He remembered putting them there that morning, so he drove back to the church. His search proved fruitless.
When he mentally replayed his earlier actions, he realized what happened. The glasses had slipped out of his pocket unnoticed and fallen into one of the crates, which he had nailed shut. His brand new glasses were heading for China!
The Great Depression was at its height and Grandpa had six children. He had spent $20 for those glasses that very morning. He was upset by the thought of having to buy another pair.
"It's not fair," he told God as he drove home in frustration. "I've been very faithful in giving of my time and money to your work, and now this."
Several months later, the director of the orphanage was on furlough in the United States. He wanted to visit all the churches that supported him in China, so he came to speak one Sunday night at my grandfather's small church in Chicago. Grandpa and his family sat in their customary seats among the sparse congregation.
The missionary began by thanking the people for their faithfulness in supporting the orphanage.
"But most of all," he said, "I must thank you for the glasses you sent last year. You see, the Communists had just swept through the orphanage, destroying everything, including my glasses. I was desperate.
"Even if I had the money, there was simply no way of replacing those glasses. Along with not being able to see well, I experienced headaches every day, so my coworkers and I were much in prayer about this. Then your crates arrived. When my staff removed the covers, they found a pair of glasses lying on top."
The missionary paused long enough to let his words sink in. Then, still gripped with the wonder of it all, he continued: "Folks, when I tried on the glasses, it was as though they had been custom-made just for me! I want to thank you for being a part of that."
The people listened, happy for the miraculous glasses. But the missionary surely must have confused their church with another, they thought. There were no glasses on their list of items to be sent overseas.
But sitting quietly in the back, with tears streaming down his face, an ordinary carpenter realized the Master Carpenter had used him in an extraordinary way. --Cheryl Walterman Stewart

A TRUSTWORTHY GOD
A defense attorney was cross-examining a police officer during a felony trial. It went like this:
Q: Officer, did you see my client fleeing the scene?
A: No sir, but I subsequently observed a person matching the description of the offender running several blocks away.
Q: Officer, who provided this description?
A: The officer who responded to the scene.
Q: A fellow officer provided the description of this so-called offender. Do you trust your fellow officers?
A: Yes sir, with my life.
Q: WITH YOUR LIFE? Let me ask you this, then, officer -- do you have a locker room in the police station -- a room where you change your clothes in preparation for your daily duties?
A: Yes sir, we do.
Q: And do you have a locker in that room?
A: Yes sir, I do.
Q: And do you have a lock on your locker?
A: Yes sir.
Q: Now why is it, officer, IF YOU TRUST YOUR FELLOW OFFICERS WITH YOUR LIFE, that you find it necessary to lock your locker in a room you share with those officers?
A: You see, sir, we share the building with a court complex, and sometimes defense attorneys have been known to walk through that room.
Sometimes it's best not to pursue a particular line of questioning!
But it's true that there are some people we can't trust at all and there are others we can trust with our very lives. Our level of trust is based upon how someone has proven themselves to be faithful in the past. As you probably know from personal experience, it takes months and years to establish a high level of trust, but only a moment to destroy it. Because people do let us down, we are sometimes made to feel that there is no one we can trust. But fortunately, there is someone.
"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save. When their spirit departs, they return to the ground; on that very day their plans come to nothing. Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD his God, the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them -- the LORD, who remains faithful forever." (Psa. 146:3-6, NIV)
Father, thank you for being faithful, for proving over and over that you are indeed a God we can trust with our very lives. While there are others who have let us down, you never have. For that we praise you! May our trust in you be reflected in our willingness to allow you to guide us this day. In Jesus' name, amen. --Alan Smith

Do your relationships control you, or does Christ control your relationships?
God wants to be the most important thing in your life. Sadly, many let the opinions of other people control their own decisions, altering what they consider to be important.
Proverbs 29:25 says, Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.
Your relationships with the people you're around could be a snare to you if let them control you. However, if Christ is more important to you than any relationship, then he will control your relationships, guiding you into right, godly ones. Make Christ first place in your heart, and he will control and direct your relationships. --Weekly Wisdom

What do you serve your mind?
Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Philippians 4:8
No one would allow garbage at his table, but many allow it served into their minds. --Fulton John Sheen
Watch your diet
What would we expect of someone who feeds only on fast food and unhealthy snacks filled with sugar and fats? A healthy body? Long life? No, we would expect physical health to be largely the product of physical intake. Is it any different in the spirit?
Modern culture is saturated with unhealthy spiritual food—from the lusts of the flesh and the eyes, to the human pride of the self-life, to elaborate and deceptive worldviews and philosophies. Hundreds of television channels, dozens of newspapers and magazines, unlimited cyberspace images, and a number of other media compete for our attention. We let many of them actually win our attention. And much of what we feed on is unhealthy. In our pursuit of wisdom, our minds often hunger for genuine nutrition.
"You are what you eat" applies not only in the physical world, but also in the spiritual. There's no way to take in junk without becoming junky.
God calls us to watch our diets. It pleases Him when we care for His temple, our bodies. But it pleases HIm much more when we care for our minds. Our thought life is where His Spirit most prefers to work, shaping uncluttered hearts and imparting wisdom to uncluttered minds. Even so, we do not make a smooth highway for Him into our souls. Through our entertainment, we let ourselves be bombarded by an incessant PR campaign for the ways of the world. Find a balance. Watch what goes into your mind. Without hindrance, let His thoughts nourish you. --Chris Tiegreen

Set The Example
When Paul wrote to the Corinthians, the gospel accounts of Jesus had not yet been written. Most believers didn't know many details of Jesus' life, so it was difficult to encourage by saying to live as Jesus would live. Instead, Paul led others to Jesus through the example he demonstrated in his own life.
1 Corinthians 11:1 "Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ."
In setting the example, Paul certainly didn't claim to be perfect. He would be the first to stand up and say; "What a wretched man I am!" (Romans 7:24). Though Paul wrote and preached on how to live the Christian life, he still admitted his imperfections; "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that which Christ Jesus took hold of me" (Philippians 3:12).
And yet, Paul also knew he was a child of God and was willing to place his life in open view for others to examine and imitate; "Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice" (Philippians 4:9).
When we claim to follow Jesus, the world takes notice - whether we like it or not. We may not feel we are witnessing, but for many people we're the only view of Jesus they will ever see and the only words of Jesus they will ever hear. We may not realize it, but the way we live cries out: "Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ."
Do we want others to put into practice what they see in us? Would our example cause others to be drawn closer to God or to drift further away? Do we follow Jesus' command to love one another so that, "By this all men will know you are My disciples" (John 13:35)? This is a huge responsibility and one we must not assume is only for the "Super-Christian."
A good friend of mine had an "I Love Jesus" sticker on his car. One day, as he sped in and out of traffic, he realized his driving was not setting a good Christian example. He solved this "problem" by removing the sticker. Rather than modify an area of his life, my friend removed his public identification with Jesus; this is very sad!
We cannot remove the "I Love Jesus" stickers from our life. The world is watching and we must be bold enough to stand and accept the accountability. We need men and women of strength and character - Brothers and Sisters who love one another and love the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength! I urge you to fall more in love with Jesus Christ and be among those who commit to live a life that brings glory and honor to God in ALL you do. Others are ready to follow. Let's be bold and direct them to Christ as we set the example. --Steve Troxel

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Do you hear My voice calling to you to rise up and stand on your feet in My presence? I am bringing you to a place of accountability. This is the day and now is the time for you to come forth in renewed consecration and dedication. Cooperate with My Word, and you will be established in divine order, which is divine government, My kingdom established in you. Move forward into manifest destiny, says the Lord.
Luke 17:20-21 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."

Be sensitive and discerning, for I am about to give you precise revelation of things that have been mysterious or beyond your understanding. This wisdom will equip you to be more effective in the way you respond to circumstances and will ultimately create a more substantial level of victory and freedom. Again, make an effort to be aware of even the smallest details of life experience, which have the potential to open your eyes to more acute perception, says the Lord.
Proverbs 2:1-5 My son, if you receive my words, and treasure my commands within you, so that you incline your ear to wisdom, and apply your heart to understanding; yes, if you cry out for discernment, and lift up your voice for understanding, if you seek her as silver, and search for her as for hidden treasures; then you will understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.

Speak to your mountain! Command that the hindrances be removed, that the crooked places be made straight and that the rough places become smooth, says the Lord. I have given you authority over the enemy's opposition to My purposes for you. So, rise up and speak forth My word. Then, watch and be amazed as you see the opposing forces vanish like the morning dew.
Matthew 21:21 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' it will be done."

Be careful not to take on more than you can effectively handle. To overextend yourself on any level would require a time of extended recovery whether physically, emotionally, mentally, financially or spiritually. Stay within your safe boundaries and do nothing apart from My leading, says the Lord. Take time along the way to be refreshed by seeking My face and establishing yourself in My presence.
Psalms 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye

Beloved, watch for opportunities to gain knowledge and wisdom that will solve difficult problems. I tell you that suddenly the light will dawn and the solution will become abundantly clear to you. This will even happen with long-standing questions that have remained unanswered. You are in a pivotal position, and this revelation will enable you to regain your forward momentum, says the Lord.
Proverbs 2:2 So that you incline your ear to wisdom, And apply your heart to understanding; 3 Yes, if you cry out for discernment, And lift up your voice for understanding, 4 If you seek her as silver, And search for her as for hidden treasures; 5 Then you will understand the fear of the LORD, And find the knowledge of God. 6 For the LORD gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding; 7 He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk uprightly; 8 He guards the paths of justice, And preserves the way of His saints.

Never Alone!
He can calm the troubled waters
When you walk in dark despair.
There is hope when you feel helpless
Knowing that the Lord is there...
Sharing in your sunshine moments
Or in valleys deep and wide,
He is always by your side.
There's no other friend so faithful
Through the sunshine and rain,
Through the teardrops and the laughter,
In your joy and in your pain.
We could never, ever thank Him
For His love He gives so free,
Never changing...never ending
Throughout all eternity.
Oh, the wonder of all wonders
As we live from day to day,
Knowing that we have a Father
Who is with us all the way.
--Gertrude B. McClain

THE HARBOR OF LOVE
Jesus is our Lighthouse...He'll always light your way,
Cast your cares His way as the sea churns...He says...
"I'll be your beacon...standing straight and so tall,
Don't worry how rough the seas...I'll calm them all."
It's hard to keep our ship afloat...it's hard to bear,
He'll keep your trials on course...He will be right there.
The seas may be rough...you fear your life is now through,
He'll bring you safely through...His light will shine on you.
The churning of the seas grow larger than before,
Depend on your Lighthouse...He will show you the shore.
Seas will no longer cause you pain...He'll light your path,
He'll still the waters and He'll bring you peace at last.
He is your Lighthouse...He'll guide you from up above,
He'll light your night safely in the harbor of love.
--ANGEL EVE

BROKEN VESSELS
I turned the metal urn around and polished till it shone.
Admired its style and symmetry - so solid and so strong.
Its heavy base prevented it from easily being knocked down
And if it was, it wouldn't crack or break upon the ground.
How sensible and clever the designer must have been
To fashion such an object - indestructible it seems.
And yet the Heavenly Father in His wisdom and His grace
Has placed His trust and confidence in vessels made of clay.
"It would have been far better", I suggested to the Lord,
"For all your precious gifts you've given us to have been stored
In vessels made of metal - solid, strong and so complete;
Rather than fragile, flawed vessels that easily crumble in defeat."
"Emotional, and vulnerable, so easily led astray;
Imperfect, cracked and damaged by the trials we face each day.
What kind of witness are we of Your awesome power and might
To those who do not know you? How can this plan possibly be right?"
My Father ever so lovingly, and gracious most of all
Then showed me my reflection in the mirror on the wall.
"Look carefully, My Child," He said, so very patiently.
"Take your time, look deeply, and tell me what you see."
At first glance I saw just what I expected to see.
A dusty, broken and seemingly useless piece of pottery.
But than as I looked closer, beyond the jar so marred
He showed me what His eyes perceived behind the cracked façade.
>From each crack and fissure, and every damaged place
A brilliant shaft of dazzling light reflected on His Face.
And as I watched I realized that that what He now revealed
Was the wondrous light of His Glory previously concealed.
"You see, my child, its not perfection that I ask from you,
But merely your surrender and acceptance of the truth.
And in your precious brokenness My Glory is revealed
There's less of you and more of Me each time you learn to yield."
"A solid gleaming vessel would stand perfect, strong and tall
And conceal the love and mercy that I've freely given all.
But your cracks and imperfections let My love and glory through
For it's only in your weakness that My strength is revealed in you."
So when you feel you can't ask for forgiveness yet again
Or don't know how to bear still another fear or pain
Just give your brokenness to Him Who gave His life for you
And very soon you'll find His Glory shining through you too.
--Claire Dobbs

GOD'S UNFAILING LOVE
We never have to feel discouraged.
We never have to feel alone.
When we accept Him as our Savior,
He hears our slightest groan.
His love is like no other we will know.
He accepts us as we are.
He delights in being with us
And brings healing to every scar.
At times, we feel misunderstood.
We turn to Him in need.
His loving care is waiting
And He will intercede.
Great peace and joy, He gives us.
Our relationship is for eternity.
Every need, He will supply.
What a blessing is His Deity!.
--Evelyn D. Putnam

Under the Influence
As I took another drink to soothe the pain within me
The voice of Jesus began to gently whispers in my ears
“Why do you want to be under the influence of alcohol?
When it is I, who can soothe your aching soul?
Why do you anesthetize this pain within?
With something, which will only lead you down a path to sin?”
Jesus sat beside me, as I threw another drink down my throat
To drown my sorrows with my own foolish methods and antidotes
I battled and I struggled as the Spirit and my flesh went to war
Then Jesus spoke again, “My child you don’t need to do this anymore
I can feel this ache you have deep down inside
I understand why your sorrow needs to be anesthetized
Yes, for a moment it may dull your pain
But tomorrow you will only wake and feel the same
You are choosing to be under an influence,
which will only lead you into the dark
Come under the influence of My Spirit
and allow My word to heal your heart
So many of My children do what you do
I could do so much more
than what that bottle will do for you!
I have a drink that can, transform, heal and restore
Once you have tasted, from the river of Life,
you will thirst no more
Under My influence, your mind will have peace
Under My influence, Child, you will be set free
Under My influence, you will never be the same
I will turn your mourning into dancing
your life will be changed
Before you take another drink
and allow yourself to be under alcohol’s influence
Remember that it won’t help
tomorrow you will feel no different
You will still carry the pain you hold now,
for weeks, even years to come
Everything you are trying to hold together
will eventually come undone
Come, My child and surrender to me the alcohol
Let go of that bottle, which you now hold
It will not bring the comfort you so desire
It will not take away the pain I see,
reflecting in your eyes
It will not lead you down the road that is best
It will only cause you more suffering and torment
I want you to be under the influence of my love and grace
I want you to no longer sit in your shame and disgrace
If you come under The Holy Spirits influence
You will begin to see how I can make such a difference
I can heal what you are trying to anaesthetise
Come under My influence and let Me change your life”
Jesus finished speaking, and I began to cry
“Jesus!” I said, “Please take away this pain I feel inside
I don’t want to sin against you by drinking away my sorrows
I know I need to trust You, with my tomorrows
Lord, for so long I have relied on this drink to soothe my pain
I need you to come into my life; I know I need to change”
Jesus rested His hand tenderly upon my head
“My Child, I love you, I am your healer and deliverer”, He said
He peered into my eyes, reflecting deep grief and pain
“Come to Me, I promise, you will never be the same”
“But Lord, I have nothing to offer you, Look at what I have done!”
The Lord answered, “I will not turn you away or reject anyone”
“All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God
Come to me and let me pour upon you,
My grace and unconditional love”
I died for your sin
I died for your pain and the hurts of your past
I suffered in agony
and the sorrow you have had to bare, broke my heart
I forgave the adulterer
I showed love to those who spat in my face
They still hated Me, even though I offered them
compassion, mercy, and grace
I promised paradise to the thief on the cross
I went looking for the one that was lost
I healed the sick; I fed the hungry
I set those who were demon possessed, free
I am the same Jesus, I do not change and I want you to know
I can do for you now
what I did for those people over 2000 years ago
I am still here, walking next to you
I am closer to you than the air you breathe
All you have to do is put your faith in Me
Believe, I can make a difference to your life
Believe, I can bring peace to your troubled mind
Believe, I can heal your wounded, broken heart
Believe, I can forgive the mistakes of your past”
Under My influence, people will be amazed
How I can completely turn around and change
A life, which is broken; a heart crushed and destroyed
I can give a soul in mourning, the experience of My Joy
I am the same yesterday, today and forever
I am the one who can take what has fallen apart
and piece it all back together
I handed the bottle to Jesus
and asked Him to do what He had promised to do
I asked Him to destroy all the lies of Satan,
which I had listened to
I asked Him to do the impossible
and make my life brand new
He did it, and although it took time
I promise, what He did for me He will do for you
So, if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Listen to these words
Jesus understands that your life has been tough
He did not come into the world to judge or condemn
He came to offer you Life; He wants to be your friend
Let go of the things you are under the influence of
Get on your knees and surrender your life to God
Put your trust in Him,
He will do more for you than the things your are relying on
He will give you a garment of praise
in exchange for your sorrowful drinking songs
If you have been where I have been
and you understand and identify with this poem
Jesus is waiting for you now
He is calling for you to come home!
Come to the Heavenly Father, His arms are open wide
He is waiting for you now; waiting for His precious child
He will not turn you away, no matter what you have done
Come now and be under the influence of His Everlasting Love
I have been under the influence of alcohol and drugs
They nearly destroyed my life
and almost took away everyone I love
I have been where you have been and I know it is hard
To open up and trust, with a broken and wounded heart
I know how difficult it is to let go
Of the thinks you have relied upon to cope
I understand how alcohol seems to deaden the pain you feel within
I know what its like to feel so bad,
that you think you cannot come to Him
I understand how your addiction silences your screams
Jesus can turn your life around!
Who the Son sets free is free indeed!
I know the desperation of what its like to be an addict,
Wishing you could somehow turn your life around
I pray with all my heart, you find the Saviour, I have found
Jesus is the answer; He is the only way
Will you surrender your heart to Him today?
Will you let Him heal the pain you are trying to anaesthetise?
Will you let Him come in and change your life?
Will you get on your knees now and pray
Will you trust that Jesus can take all your pain away?
Let me tell you, before I finish writing this poem to you
I know Jesus is the Life, the Way and the Truth!
You may not believe what I am saying to be the true
But after all, assess where you’re at now
What have you got to lose?
Are you happy with the life you now lead?
Come to Jesus,
He is the one who will give your troubled, wounded heart, PEACE!
--K A Graaf

Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the great deep. O LORD, you preserve both man and beast. How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings. They feast on the abundance of your house; you give them drink from your river of delights. For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light. Continue your love to those who know you, your righteousness to the upright in heart. Psalm 36:5-10

The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever. My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest. Isaiah 32:17-18

“The LORD is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life-- of whom shall I be afraid?” – Psalm 27:1

In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Mark 16:15

This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe. Command and teach these things. Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through a prophetic message when the body of elders laid their hands on you. Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers. 1 Timothy 4:9-16

Watch For His Return
There will always be a fascination with the end times. There will be those who study every detail of scripture in an attempt to pinpoint a date and those who simply believe the end is near because of our current moral decay. Debates will continue about when Christ will return for His Church and exactly what signs will precede this wonderful event. Unfortunately, these debates often become heated and turn our attention away from the One who has promised to return.
Questions concerning the end times are not new. Two thousand years ago, the disciples asked Jesus: "What will be the signs of Your coming and of the end of the age?" (Matthew 24:3). Jesus answered the question directly and in several parables, but His basic message was: "You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect Him" (Matthew 24:44).
There's nothing fundamentally wrong with discussing the end times. The return of Jesus Christ is our "blessed hope" (Titus 2:13). We are encouraged to live as those "who have longed for His appearing" (2 Timothy 4:8). But we should never allow our discussions to lead us into "foolish and stupid arguments" (2 Timothy 2:23). Though the scholars may not agree about all the details, one fact is unanimously proclaimed: "He's coming back!"
Mark 13:35-37 "Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back - whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. What I say to you, I say to everyone: 'Watch!'"
Are we ready for the Owner of the House to return? We can't afford to wait for that next promotion or for the kids to grow, we must wake up and be prepared today! We can't wait for our house to be built to our satisfaction before we dedicate it to the service of the Lord, we must give our all and serve the One who gave His life so we could live...today!!
If the end of our time on earth were to occur tomorrow, did our thoughts, words, and deeds for today bring glory and honor to our Heavenly Father? If the answer is no, we need to do some changing - we need to arise from our Spiritual slumber and clean house. For what is the purpose of our being allowed to walk this earth if not to bring Him glory?
The study and discussion of end times should cause us to praise God for His victory over evil. Our understanding of the end times should cause us to walk in reverent obedience and help us to fight the pulls of the world. Let's not be caught sleeping. Rather, let's look forward with great anticipation and commit to being prepared. Let's draw near to God in all we do and watch for His return. --Steve Troxel

Loving God, lead all who seek you. In their darkness, help them to see your light of life. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Hosea 11
1 When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt. 2 As they called them, so they went from them: they sacrificed unto Baalim, and burned incense to graven images. 3 I taught Ephraim also to go, taking them by their arms; but they knew not that I healed them. 4 I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love: and I was to them as they that take off the yoke on their jaws, and I laid meat unto them. 5 He shall not return into the land of Egypt, and the Assyrian shall be his king, because they refused to return. 6 And the sword shall abide on his cities, and shall consume his branches, and devour them, because of their own counsels. 7 And my people are bent to backsliding from me: though they called them to the most High, none at all would exalt him. 8 How shall I give thee up, Ephraim? how shall I deliver thee, Israel? how shall I make thee as Admah? how shall I set thee as Zeboim? mine heart is turned within me, my repentings are kindled together. 9 I will not execute the fierceness of mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim: for I am God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee: and I will not enter into the city. 10 They shall walk after the Lord: he shall roar like a lion: when he shall roar, then the children shall tremble from the west. 11 They shall tremble as a bird out of Egypt, and as a dove out of the land of Assyria: and I will place them in their houses, saith the Lord. 12 Ephraim compasseth me about with lies, and the house of Israel with deceit: but Judah yet ruleth with God, and is faithful with the saints.

O God, You are the fountain of living water and the giver of life. Teach us to drink deeply of your refreshing waters and to be saturated in your love. May the love of Jesus shine in and through us in our relationships with others each day. Help us to be sensitive to the pain and tears of other people. Thank you for reminding us to pray for them. Amen

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: https://bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply