Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Lounge > General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

General Forum A place to share about everything else.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2019, 12:49 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thank you for sharing, I lost my brother when he was 2 and Iwas 3. I saw him run over by a truck driven by my uncle. I blamed myself for his death because I had called to him and told him to get out of the way and he was heading toward me when he was run over. My aunt later, when I was in recovery, informed me that I had nominated myself as his care taker the day he was born. My sponsor said it was probably guilt because he was killed when he was in my care. We caregivers take on so much that is not ours.

My mom died at the age of 40 because of her food addiction. She didn't accept her disease. She was told to lose weight and she didn't. I was 21 and felt guilty, because she had insisted I leave home at 17 to come to Hamilton to look for a job. I felt I should have stayed home with her and taken care of her. I was the oldest. When she died my sisters were 17 and 18.

My father kicked me and husband #2 out, along with my son out of his house because of our drinking and we had often left our son with him. I phoned to ask him to join us for Christmas dinner and never heard from him. My husband went to check on him and met up with my uncle (same uncle) and found my dad the day before Christmas. He had been dead for 3 days. It was a difficult Christmas. The last time he was seen was by a good and long time friend who was the manager of the liquor store. My father had bought a 40 oz bottle of rum. It was found on the floor along with his heart medication.

Acceptance is the key. It is a good thing we don't have to like it.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply