Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Family and Friends of Alcoholics and Addicts

Share This Forum!  

Family and Friends of Alcoholics and Addicts This forum is for families and friends whose lives have been affected by someone else's drinking and/or drug abuse.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2017, 09:37 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Acceptance is the key

"You are already where you should be, you can't be anywhere else." - Osho

Resistance is a good word, I would have thought denial. Perhaps it is a combination of the two. Not wanting to see or hear or do anything about where we are at in today. When I find that I acceptance, I can move on.

Acceptance doesn't always mean it is right or that I have to like it, it is just accepting what is, no matter where or what it is. Acceptance doesn't always mean I am in a good place and don't need to change.

Acceptance is part of the First Step, a part of grief and change and a part of life and why we have the Serenity Prayer.

Also have to accept where God puts me! Acceptance isn't always a choice and yet it is the only thing preludes change and growth for me. I have to come to that place before I can truly heal and embrace life as it truly is rather than where I would like it to be.

I can get honest and surrender but without the acceptance to go along with it, I can't take the First Step 100%.

Have been taught that I have to accept in order to move forward. I don't have to like it, but I do have to accept what is in today. I had to accept my own addiction, my Fibromyalgia, and my own disease as a result of living in a dysfunctional home.

This reminds me of the "Tiger in the tank!" I need to fill up and be open to change and what I need in today. What worked before may not be applicable in today."

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply