Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Family and Friends of Alcoholics and Addicts

Share This Forum!  

Family and Friends of Alcoholics and Addicts This forum is for families and friends whose lives have been affected by someone else's drinking and/or drug abuse.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2016, 10:58 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Positive Addiction???

Quote:
~ MORNING LIGHT ~ (Meditations to Begin Your Day) ~

Rest is not a matter of doing absolutely nothing. Rest is repair.

~ Daniel W. Josselyn ~

The phrase “positive addiction” refers to those activities that have positive benefits to their pursuit: a hobby, following the game schedule of a favorite sports team, exercise, and volunteer work. But as you know from your own addiction, too much of anything can be harmful.

Whenever your focus and energy are committed to things in ways that cause you to neglect the people and responsibilities in your life, everyone suffers. Even being obsessive about the number of meetings you attend in a week or being overly committed to serving the fellowship can put the people in your life and your personal and professional responsibilities on a back burner.

Today think about how much time you spend in activities and pursuits you enjoy, and how much time you spend taking care of your responsibilities. Are they in balance?

Too, develop greater awareness of all of your physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. For example, pay attention to how your body feels. There will be days in which you feel energized and vigorously engage in exercise or activity. There will also be days in which you need to still your body so your muscles and your mind can be rested.

I will pay attention to my mind, body, and spirit. Each day I will seek to create a healthy balance between activity and rest.
Don't think that there are healthy addictions. Anything that is obsessive, compulsive, and takes over our thinking, which addiction does, is not a positive things. Any substance can lead to the same soul sickness.

It is about me and my attitude. I know that I had to turn several things over to my Higher Power, one being my computer and my love of Nevada Tickets. They are no different than my son's drug of choice. Anything out of balance in my life can take me back to my old patterns and behaviours.

The family can be sicker or just as sick as the practicing addict using substances that we would never think of touching, and yet we can have our own demons that need to be addressed. One being the obsession we have about our addicted loved ones.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply