Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07-01-2023, 07:59 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - July

July 1

Colossians 3:1-2 – Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God's right hand. Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth.

Psalm 121:8 – The Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

Psalm 144:15b 15 blessed is the people whose God is the Lord.

Psalm 18:1-2 1 I love you, Lord, my strength. 2 The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Psalm 23:4 “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”

Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it. — Psalm 34:14

Luke 10:27 He answered: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Galatians 5:1 1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2023, 06:56 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 2

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:1-2

John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever. — 1 Peter 1:24

Romans 12:3 “[Humble Service in the Body of Christ] For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.”

Sing to the LORD, for he has done wonderful things. Make known his praise around the world. Isaiah 12:5
Old 07-03-2023, 06:03 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 3

“I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope.” Psalm 130?:5

Luke 17:6 – He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you."

And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. — 1 Thessalonians 5:14

Proverbs 29:23 A man's pride brings him low, but a man of lowly spirit gains honor.

Let everything that breathes sing praises to the LORD! Praise the LORD! Psalms 150:6
Old 07-04-2023, 07:34 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 4

Ecclesiastes 3:1-2,10-11,14 – For everything there is a season and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die; a time to plant and a time to pluck up what is planted. I have seen the business that God has given to everyone to be busy with. He has made everything suitable for its time; moreover, he has put a sense of past and future into their minds, yet they cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end. I know that whatever God does endures forever; nothing can be added to it nor anything taken from it; God has done this so that all should stand in awe before him.

John 6:35 – Jesus said, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty."

Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. (Psalm 100)

"Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, 'If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.'" (John 8:31-32)
Old 07-05-2023, 07:12 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 5

In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. James 2:17

Psalm 46:1 "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

Luke 22:42 42 “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.”

Galatians 5:1 – It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

Isaiah 26:12 12 Lord, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us.

For the Lord gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. — Proverbs 2:6

James 2:8 If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, "Love your neighbor as yourself," you are doing right.

2 Corinthians 3:17 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. John 8:32
Old 07-06-2023, 05:56 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 6

Pride brings a person low, but the lowly in spirit gain honor. Proverbs 29:23

Matthew 6:26 – Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

1 John 4:9 – This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.

John 13:34 – A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

James 3:18 – Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.

Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with God." — Luke 18:27

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." (Psalm 46:1)

Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Galatians 5:13 13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh ; rather, serve one another humbly in love.
Old 07-07-2023, 06:31 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 7

Psalm 121:3 – He will not let you stumble; the one who watches over you will not slumber.

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26

"May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine upon us." Psalm 67:1

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. — 1 John 1:7

Mark 8:36 What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?

Romans 12:9 9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

Come, let us sing to the LORD! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Psalms 95:1
Old 07-08-2023, 06:21 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 8

Ephesians 6:13 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Isaiah 40:31 – But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Daniel 2:20 20 and said: Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his.

Blessed are they whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the Lord. — Psalm 119:1

Psalm 18:30 “As for God, his way is perfect: The LORD’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.”
Old 07-09-2023, 07:53 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 9

From the LORD comes deliverance. May your blessing be on your people. Psalm 3:8

Psalm 121:7-8 – The Lord will keep you from all harm — he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

2 Peter 1:2 – May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord.

"One day an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. 'Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?' Jesus replied, 'What does the law of Moses say? How do you read it?' The man answered, 'You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind.' And, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 'You have answered correctly.' Jesus replied. 'Do this and you will live!'". (Luke 10:25-28)

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. — Isaiah 55:8-9

Colossians 3:12-14 Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Isaiah 6:8 8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”
Old 07-10-2023, 06:55 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 10

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. Genesis 1:1-2

John 14:27 – Peace I leave you, My peace I give you; not as the world gives, do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, nor fearful.

John 14:6 – Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except through Me."

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. — Matthew 6:6

Proverbs 10:14 Wise men store up knowledge, but the mouth of a fool invites ruin.

O Lord, You are so good, so ready to forgive, so full of unfailing love for all who ask for Your help. Psalms 86:5
Old 07-11-2023, 07:27 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 11

Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Galatians 5:25

Hebrews 11:6 – And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

Psalm 27:8 My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, LORD, I will seek.

I will walk in freedom, for I have devoted myself to Your commandments. Psalms 119:45
Old 07-12-2023, 05:45 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 12

Matthew 5:14-16 "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on a stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men."

Psalm 62:7 – On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God.

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. — Psalm 46:1

Isaiah 40:8 "The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever."

Jeremiah 32:17 ““Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.”
Old 07-13-2023, 06:26 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 13

Listen to your father, who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old. —Proverbs 23:22

1 John 4:9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.

Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. James 3:13

Mark 12:30 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

Matthew 4:4 “Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’””
Old 07-14-2023, 06:00 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 14

Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the LORD God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is. Amos 5:14

Luke 9:23-25 "If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for Me will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self?"

Proverbs 14:30 30 A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones.

Proverbs 27:15-16 15 A quarrelsome wife is like the dripping of a leaky roof in a rainstorm; 16 restraining her is like restraining the wind or grasping oil with the hand.

Proverbs 27:17 17 As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.

1 Peter 2:1-3 1 Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. 2 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, 3 now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.

1 Timothy 4:12 – Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

Ephesians 6:11 – Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.

Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body. — Ephesians 4:25

Ephesians 3:16-19 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge -- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Old 07-15-2023, 07:05 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 15

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. — Colossians 3:1-2

John 15:10 “If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.”

Come, let us tell of the LORD’s greatness; let us exalt His name together. Psalms 34:3

Praise the Lord. Blessed are those who fear the Lord, who find great delight in his commands. Psalm 112:1
Post New ThreadReply