Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-01-2017, 07:58 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - May

May 1

When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your unfailing love, Lord, supported me. Psalm 94:18

Daniel 10:19a, NLT "“Don’t be afraid,” he said, “for you are very precious to God. Peace! Be encouraged! Be strong!”"

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

Psalm 46:7 (NIV) The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.

Thought: Everywhere you go, He's there.

But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect... —1 Peter 3:15

Exodus 23:25 Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you,
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2017, 07:48 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 2

2 Timothy 1:9 He has saved us and called us to a holy life — not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,

Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you. 2 Corinthians 13:11

Deuteronomy 10:17, ESV "For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God..."

Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ. - Philippians 3:8

Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. – Psalm 73:25-26

"The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot." Psalms 16:5
Old 05-03-2017, 08:27 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 3

Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is — his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:12

Amos 9:11 (NIV) "In that day I will restore David's fallen tent. I will repair its broken places, restore its ruins, and build it as it used to be," declares the Lord, who will do these things.

Thought: God can do the same thing in your life, with your marriage, with your family, wherever brokenness exits.

We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

Psalm 138:1-7
I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart;
before the “gods” I will sing your praise.
I will bow down toward your holy temple
and will praise your name
for your unfailing love and your faithfulness,
for you have so exalted your solemn decree
that it surpasses your fame.
When I called, you answered me;
you greatly emboldened me.

May all the kings of the earth praise you, Lord,
when they hear what you have decreed.
May they sing of the ways of the Lord,
for the glory of the Lord is great.

Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly;
though lofty, he sees them from afar.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
you preserve my life.
You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes;
with your right hand you save me.

"Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope." Psalms 16:9
Old 05-04-2017, 07:26 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 4

Be silent before God. Ask that your ears may be unblocked to hear him.

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

"Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name." Psalms 100:4

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

Proverbs 18:10, NKJV "The name of the LORD is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe."

And he said, “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” Exodus 33:14, RSV

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you for guiding us on all our ways with power from on high. We thank you that again and again you have led us through the darkness on a path of light. Looking back, we cannot be thankful enough. May our hearts turn to you and be filled with quiet certainty in all we are still awaiting. Remember us and remember the many who lie under heavy bondage. Let the time come when you will bring a great deliverance to those who are in darkness. Then we can find meaning for our lives in all that happens, knowing that you have been faithful in everything. You have done more than we asked, more than we can understand. Amen.

Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. - 2 Chronicles 7:14

Psalm 55:22 — Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. —James 1:5
Old 05-05-2017, 07:08 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 5

Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. 1 Peter 4:12-13

1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

"What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee." Psalms 56:3

Psalm 117:2, NLT "For he loves us with unfailing love; the LORD’s faithfulness endures forever. Praise the LORD!"

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. —Psalm 139:23-24

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. – Romans 12:9
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 05-06-2017, 08:51 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 6

In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

Psalm 139:23-24 Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

"...With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. Romans 10:10

Colossians 4:6, NASB "Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person."

I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. - 1 Timothy 2:1

You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3

"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved." Acts 2:21
Old 05-07-2017, 07:58 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 7

"And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of." Genesis 28:15

This poor man called, and the Lord heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles. Psalm 34:6

We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. l John 4:13

Colossians 3:12-14 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Psalm 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:01 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 8

Philippians 2:13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..." Romans 1:16

Matthew 5:5, ESV "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble...The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Psalm 46:1, 7

Isaiah 40:31 (NIV) ...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles...

He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” – Revelation 21:5

“For I know the plans that I have in mind for you,” declares the Lord, “plans for peace and not calamity – to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11

Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete. John 16:24

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 29:25 (NLT):Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but to trust the Lord means safety.

Today’s Thought: We do not live to please people, instead we should live to please God. We should be more concerned with what God thinks.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to live to please You instead of others. Please forgive me for putting people’s opinion before Yours. I ask that You help me stop doing that. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

"For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth." Psalms 33:4
Old 05-09-2017, 07:45 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 9

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.

"Pray without ceasing." 1 Thessalonians 5:17

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:14

1 Corinthians 16:14, ESV "Let all that you do be done in love."

Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty." John 6:35
Post New ThreadReply