Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2016, 10:36 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - November 11

"If you’ve made a habit of communing with God when the sun is shining, you’ll find it much easier to sing in the rain." - Bill Pannell

God is with us and wants a relationship with us 24/7.

Asking Jesus for help is the best way to fix our problems. We can trust that Jesus will guide us to do what is right. Jesus’ solutions will be better than ours.

In the midst of life’s challenges, we sometimes wrestle with the hows and whats of a solution. We can be confident of God, that God is who God is. God is the “I AM,” who is present when we need God to be with us in our present circumstance. Whether we need a counselor, a comforter, a guide, or provider, God addresses us: “I AM who I AM.” Even though we may not be aware that the Lord is present at the time, we can rest assured that God is actively working in our present situation. We can trust God to be present in our circumstances.

God never gives up working through us. God is not finished with us. When we're in the belly of a troubled life, we can call on God who perseveres in loving us.

God still has work for us to do, so we can slow down, sit quietly, and listen for guidance. We can trust in God’s perfect timing and assurance to be with us in our fears. We can find comfort in God’s promise of eternal life through Jesus Christ.

God is with us during all the seasons of our lives.

God, help me learn to take care of myself and live with passion, compassion, and an open heart. --Melody Beattie

The Power of Patience by Marchaé Grair
Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains. - James 5:7
"No mom. I can do it."
Of course I knew it all at five. After relentlessly telling my mom I didn't need her help brushing my teeth, she finally gave in.
It took approximately 2.5 seconds for me to drop a huge glob of toothpaste on my new dress.
It was picture day, and she sent me to school with a smiling face and a huge white stain in the center of my chest.
My first school picture is my favorite school picture because it was my first real lesson in the wisdom of patience.
There are so many times I've looked at God's presence in my life like I looked at my mother's hand that day. I want God to just hand over my problems and let me figure out a solution. So many of us share the kryptonite of the "Just let me do it" spirit.
In God's Divine wisdom, perhaps He knows we need reminders to slow down and wait.
James told the early Church that there is reaping in the waiting. He explains farmers must spend just as much time planting as they do waiting—and both are equally important to the process of growth.
Maybe it's time we slow down and let God have our toothbrush.
We might just hear a Word from on high. We might realize we should go left instead of right.
We might just realize how much wisdom can be found in the waiting.
Prayer: Dear God, in a world that doesn't stop moving, help me find peace in showing patience. Amen.

I Hate to Wait by Dr. James C. Denison
Waiting is the bane of my existence. If there are two lines at the movie theater, the one I choose will grind to a halt while the other glides by. Don't get behind me at a toll booth; the driver in front of me will be searching his seat cushions for quarters while the other lines whiz through. Bank tellers go on break when I get near the front of their line; supermarket checkout computers go on strike when I draw near.
Someone said that life is what happens to you while you're making other plans. Slowly I'm learning that there is redemption in every moment, as God uses each minute for his glory and our good. It's hard to think of a biblical hero who didn't take a detour on the way to his or her destination. Noah spent 100 years building his ark before the rains finally came; Abraham and Sarah waited 25 years for Isaac; Joseph journeyed through Potiphar's prison on the way to Pharaoh's palace.
Moses spent decades running from Pharaoh before the Lord sent him back to free his people. God told David he would be king long before Saul gave up the throne. John had to go to Patmos to meet his glorified Friend and Lord.
Are you waiting on God this morning?
Perhaps you're praying without seeing answers, or waiting on a job that hasn't come or health the Lord has not restored. You need direction or provision from God, but he doesn't seem to be working on your timeline. One of the reminders in Scripture is this statement from God: "My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:8-9).
God redeems all he allows. If you're waiting on him this morning, there's a reason. He wants to use this delay to draw you closer to him, or prepare you for what comes next, or help you trust him in hard times. Remember that your Father never makes a mistake. His will is "good, pleasing and perfect" (Romans 12:2). His timing is always right.

In the Midst by Sally I. Kennedy
He leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. Psalm 23:2b, 3a
The river was singing a bit louder this morning due to some badly needed rain overnight. It had been so dry, practically a drought, and the river was much lower than normal.
The water was bubbling and meandering anyway. In the midst of the river’s activity there was a tiny, still pool. Often trout that are resting can be seen there.
Right now may be in a very busy place for you and your life. Sometimes ‘busy’ comes in spurts. Or maybe you are overwhelmingly busy all the time. Perhaps your life is not so rushed, however no matter which bill fits your ‘busy’, we all need a place to regroup and recoup.
It’s essential that we refuel. In the midst of life if we take an hour….or a few moments….and look to the Lord with gratitude in our hearts, we can go to a still place where we can be momentarily be restored and refreshed. Psalm 23 tells us clearly that God, our good shepherd, leads us to still waters AND restores our soul. That’s good news.

You Matter To God by Scott Williams
Psalm 139:1-5 – You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely. You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me. (NIV 2011)
I've written two previous devotionals on the London transit service's slogan, "Every Journey Matters", the first focusing on the word "Every" and the second on the word "Journey". A reader of the Daily wrote to me recently and challenged me to write on the word "Matters", and that does seem like the right thing to do, because really, that's what it's all about.
Many of us have spent a lifetime in the church — from Sunday School as children through to adulthood — and we have heard the gospel message many times. But as a minister said to me a few weeks ago, sometimes it gets to the point that the message goes in one ear and out the other!
Some years ago, I was part of a small prayer group led by a seminary student. He spoke to us about just that issue, and we read and prayed together over Psalm 139, which has now become one of my favourite passages. In it, God assures us that He knows us thoroughly and completely, and that there are no secrets from Him. That can be a bit scary, because, although it means that He knows all the good things about us, He also knows the not-so-good things — the things that we'd rather keep to ourselves. The miracle, however, is that even in light of all of that — the good and the not-so-good — we are blessed with the unending love of almighty God!
Psalm 121:5-8 – The Lord watches over you — the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all harm — he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. (NIV 2011)
So if you are going through a rough patch (and we all do, sometimes), remember that each of us does matter to God — that you matter to God. Regardless of what you may be going through, regardless of what you have done, regardless of the obstacles that you may face, God knows you and loves you. God will protect you. Turn to God with confidence!
Prayer: Loving God, we are grateful that You know us so completely, and more grateful yet that You love us so completely. Please help us to remember Your Word and Your promises to us, that we might face our lives with confidence and hope. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen.

Don’t Waste Your Failures by Max Lucado
My wife and I spent some years as missionaries in Brazil. Our first two years felt fruitless and futile. More often than not I went home frustrated. So we asked God for another plan. We prayed and reread the Epistles, especially focused on Galatians. It occurred to me I was preaching a limited grace. When I compared our gospel message with Paul’s, I saw a difference. His was high-octane good news. Mine was soured legalism. We focused on the gospel, proclaiming forgiveness of sins and resurrection from the dead. We baptized forty people in twelve months! God wasn’t finished with us. We just needed to put the past in the past and God’s plan in place.
Don’t waste your failures by failing to learn from them. Rise up! God hasn’t forgotten you. Keep your head up. You never know what good awaits you.

A JEWEL IN THE MAKING by A New Day eDevotion
2 Corinthians 3:18, “But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.”
Many people find beetles and bugs somewhat creepy, but if there’s one beetle in the world that could turn you into a beetle lover – the jewel scarab. Jewel scarab’s live in the jungles of Honduras and have the shape of your regular Christmas beetle. But their colours are so dazzling and beautiful that they can sell for up to $500 a beetle. Beautiful flaming reds, bright golds, silvers that resemble bright, shiny chrome. Even the beetle hater finds jewel scarabs dazzling and beautiful!
But the jewel scarab’s beauty doesn’t come automatically. Every scarab has modest, even ugly beginnings. The scarab starts life as a soft, mushy, grey-white grub growing inside a rotting tree stump. They spend their life like this for around a year, until finally, when the rainy season arrives, the adult scarabs emerge soft bodied and pale. The within hours, their bodies harden and their splendid colours show. They only live for another three months, but what a glorious existence it is.
People are just like scarabs. We may not feel terribly beautiful and attractive. In fact there may be parts of you that feel distinctly ugly – and I’m not talking just about your body, but about your sprit, your mind, your thought life, your character. But it’s the work of the Spirit of God to make us beautiful. It may seem to take a lifetime, but as the Spirit works on us, we will emerge as beautiful, dazzling, shining creatures gloriously bearing the image of our Creator.
It is a process that God takes us all through, as our Scripture lesson today suggests, “from glory to glory”—transforming us into the image God has foreordained we reflect and embody. You are not today what you will be. God has splendor not yet apparent that He will reveal in you and through you; and this glorious process of transformation in each of us, begins with our patience through His sovereign processes, with this and each new day. Source: Scientific information from National Geographic, Feb 2001

GARDENING GOD'S WAY Author Unknown
Plant three rows of peas:
Peace of mind
Peace of heart
Peace of soul
Plant four rows of squash:
Squash gossip
Squash indifference
Squash grumbling
Squash selfishness
Plant four rows of lettuce:
Lettuce be faithful
Lettuce be kind
Lettuce be obedient
Lettuce really love one another
No garden without turnips:
Turnip for service
Turnip to help one another
Water freely with patience and
Cultivate with love.
There is much fruit in your garden
because you reap what you sow.
To conclude our garden we must have thyme:
Thyme for God
Thyme for study
Thyme for prayer

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
You, My people, are at a tipping point. What you do at this time will change your lives forever. You are at a point of no-return. Take every opportunity to draw near to Me so that you can receive instructions for the next season. I will show you how to be righteous in the midst of a crooked generation, says the Lord. Do not be afraid. Philippians 2:14-15 Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world.

In the Spirit I could both hear and feel the sounds deep in the earth calling forth the purposes of God to manifest. I could see people begin to be sensitive to the moving of the Spirit of the Lord, but great darkness fought against the light and righteousness. The war raged between good and evil in a more profound way than ever. And, I heard the Lord say, "Stand on the ground of purity." Psalm 24:3-4 Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, nor sworn deceitfully.

In a vision I saw the face of a clock, and I could hear it ticking. I would turn away and look back and the time had barely advanced. And, the Lord said, "It may seem like time is almost standing still because you are so anxious to move into the next season, but it is not yet time to make significant progress. It is a time of transition and of waiting. Some of My people are bored. Some feel aimless. Be content with this transition. I will show you things internally that must be dealt with right now so that you do not carry those things into the future." 1 Timothy 6:6 Now godliness with contentment is great gain.

I was in the Spirit, and I heard what sounded like groaning, creaking, and expanding. These sounds came from what looked like a dark sphere. As the groaning continued, light began to pierce the darkness with pencil-thin rays to reveal cobwebs and dust from times of neglect. I could feel air currents in a swirling pattern like a gentle breeze begin to renew the atmosphere. There was a freshness--newness of life--that was almost crisp; bringing order, perfection and precision. Yet, a deep internal work in our very foundation continued. After some time, the dark sphere gave way to full light and a palpable presence of God surrounded by His angels--bright, holy, righteous! It was incredibly refreshing, and I could smell the sweet fragrance of our Lord. The call of His Spirit went out to urge us to yield to His work that is beyond what we can now comprehend; to go higher and yet deeper in spiritual awareness and submission. Romans 8:22-25 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.

Beloved, I want you to look beyond what you can see naturally into what I will show you spiritually. The natural scheme of things can only obliterate your possibilities and potential. You must reach beyond where you are now to realize all that I have prepared for you, says the Lord. Psalms 123:2 Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their masters, as the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the Lord our God, until He has mercy on us.

The main thrust of the season in which you had every opportunity to simplify and fortify is in the past. However, this process will continue on some level for the next few years. It is not too late to get in on the benefits of simplicity. Complexities in the world abound and create an incredible amount of pressure and stress, but you can and must stay in peace regardless of the chaos that is all around you, says the Lord. 2 Corinthians 1:12 For our boasting is this: the testimony of our conscience that we conducted ourselves in the world in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom but by the grace of God, and more abundantly toward you.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Rise up and encourage yourself in the same way David encouraged himself when things were not going well for him. Rise up and believe that I am for you, that I am with you and that I will bring you through to a position of victory. Rise up in this hour and allow your faith to soar. Allow yourself to again believe in My goodness and watch the blessings of My kingdom come to you in this season, says the Lord.

I saw the symbol of the Cross. I saw it changing. At first covered by the blood of Christ. And, then it developed a golden hue that spoke to me of His divine nature. And from that golden hue came the glory of His crystallized light shining forth across the generations--shining forth to bring restoration and great deliverance. Shining forth to open the path that He has established before you. Shining forth to encourage you and empower you to walk upon this path and to take those steps with renewed energy and with great hope. The glory of the LORD will indeed carry you from glory to glory upon the path that He has prepared for you to follow. Take the steps. They will lead you to places that are beyond your wildest imaginations. And, they will reveal the things that you cannot conceive of. For, out of this journey will come the revelation of the current season, and out of these steps will come revelation to you personally. Come now; walk by faith into My purposes, for this is the hour of perception, says the Most Holy One.

WHERE IS YOUR FOCUS? by Debbie Preuss
Where is your focus, what do you see?
When you look around, do you feel free?
Focus on the Leader, His name is Jesus Christ
Focus on Him, you'll find the purpose of life
Never waiver from following, His precious frame
When you're weak call out, to His Holy name
No matter what happens, fix your eyes above
Look into His eyes, see His unconditional love
Things will come around you, to try and distract
Keep your eyes on Him, your life on His track
Don't miss out on the blessing, He wants to use you
To do His work, as He makes your life brand new
Hold tightly to Jesus, when your sight grows dim
When you don't understand, simply cling to Him
Don't waiver from your focus, blessing will be yours
Jesus Christ will help you, for you He adores
He will be your strength, when you are too weak
He will be your fortress, when His arms you seek
Keep your focus on Him, He'll show you the way
If you are lost, just call out and pray
Keep your eyes on the Lord, keep your focus straight and true
Reach out for Jesus, He's waiting for you

My Gift by Helen Johnson
You gave your all, Lord,
you gave us your best!
Because of your love,
we've been truly blessed!
You've given so much
and that is the reason,
I'm giving to you,
this holiday season...
All of myself, and all I can be
a heart full of thanks, I give to thee;
For the love and compassion
that you've given to me.
There's no way I could ever
begin to repay
All the mercy and grace,
you have sent my way.
I just want you to know Lord
that I love you more,
Each day that I live
more than ever before!
It's all that I have Lord,
this gift of my love,
But it's sent from my heart
on the wings of your dove!

Show me the right path, O LORD; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. (Psalm 25:4-5)

Isaiah 64:8, “Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.”

Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:38-39

You also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2:5

Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature. Romans 13:14

The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever. 1 John 2:17

Save me, O God, by your name; vindicate me by your might. Hear my prayer, O God; listen to the words of my mouth. Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me. Psalm 54:1-2;4

"Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them." Hebrews 7 :25

Lord, I Don’t Know What to Do by Leah DiPascal
“Show me the right path, O LORD; point out the road for me to follow.” Psalm 25:4 (NLT)
Do you ever feel like you’re going in circles and not making any progress? At least not the kind of progress you were expecting.
Are the constant appeals of our world pulling you in a million different ways, causing you to question if you’re headed in the right direction?
If you’re like me, you have plans and dreams you want to fulfill. But life is confusing at times. And most days it seems like you’re just surviving instead of living out those dreams or accomplishing your goals.
Numerous distractions.
Too many choices.
Endless interruptions.
There have been days I’ve felt like one foot was fixed to the floor, while my other foot scurried in every direction. Expending a lot of energy and mental fatigue, but going nowhere. Can you relate?
Wouldn’t it be awesome to wake up every morning and be assured you’re on the right path towards your goals? To know with certainty that you’re headed in the right direction? To feel confident with each step, without constantly questioning yourself?
Too many times I’ve second-guessed a decision I was confident about. I want so desperately to follow God’s will that I’ll pray, but then feel uncertain, not wanting to make a wrong move. I wonder: Maybe this isn’t what I’m supposed to be doing. Maybe this isn’t part of God’s plan for my life.
As I’ve wrestled with indecision and insecurity, I’ve sought God’s Word for help. A few months ago, I found a priceless nugget of truth in the Bible. It addresses our desire for guidance and shows us what to do when we need clear direction.
King David composed these words in a beautiful psalm, tucked within the pages of the Old Testament:
“Show me the right path, O LORD; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you” (Psalm 25:4-5).
These verses reveal David’s humble and teachable heart. He wanted to be guided by God and led by His truth. David knew God was his Savior and placed all his hope in the One who created the right path for him.
We find the answers to David’s request for guidance only a few short passages away. Promises we can claim for our own lives:
“The LORD is good and does what is right; he shows the proper path to those who go astray. He leads the humble in doing right, teaching them his way. The LORD leads with unfailing love and faithfulness all who keep his covenant and obey his demands” (Psalm 25:8-10, NLT).
Based on these verses, when our hearts are humble and truly seeking God’s will, we can be confident of this:
1. God will always show us what is right for us.
2. When we get sidetracked, God will direct us back to the right path.
3. We are not alone. God leads and teaches us along the way.
4. God leads those who obey Him with unfailing love and faithfulness.
If you’re unsure about some things in your life, don’t wait another day to figure it out on your own. Ensure your heart is in the right place of humility, and then ask God to help you. Once you’ve asked, trust that God is directing you.
If you know you’ve gotten on the wrong path, seek God for direction instead of looking to the world for answers. As you take steps to follow and obey God’s voice, He will lovingly show you the way.
Months ago I asked the Lord to etch these verses onto my heart and mind, so I’d always have them with me — especially on days when I feel like I’m going in circles and lacking direction.
Today, I’m praying these verses over you.
Dear Lord, help us come to You when we are in need of direction. Remind us that the world can’t offer what we deeply long for, nor does it hold our future, but You certainly do. Thank You for guiding us today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
TRUTH FOR TODAY: Psalm 32:8, “The LORD says, ‘I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.'” (NLT)
Psalm 90:17, “Let the favor of the LORD our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands!” (ESV)

Dear God, Let the rain come and wash away the ancient grudges the bitter hatreds held and nurtured over generations. Let the rain wash away the memory of the hurt, the neglect. Then let the sun come out and fill the sky with a rainbows. Let the warmth of the sun heal us, wherever we are broken. Let it burn away the fog, so that we can see each other clearly. So that we can see beyond labels, beyond accents, gender or skin color. Let the warmth and brightness of the sun melt away our selfishness. So that we can share the joys and feel the sorrows of our neighbors. And let the light of the sun be so strong that we will see all people as our neighbors. ​​​ Let the earth, nourished by rain, bring forth flowers to surround us with beauty. And let the mountains teach our hearts to reach upward to heaven. Amen. By Harold Kushner

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 40
1 I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. 2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. 3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord. 4 Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies. 5 Many, O Lord my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered. 6 Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required. 7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, 8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart. 9 I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O Lord, thou knowest. 10 I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation. 11 Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O Lord: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me. 12 For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me. 13 Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me: O Lord, make haste to help me. 14 Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul to destroy it; let them be driven backward and put to shame that wish me evil. 15 Let them be desolate for a reward of their shame that say unto me, Aha, aha. 16 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The Lord be magnified. 17 But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

A GOOD THING Author Unknown
May today there be peace within
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, and to bask in the sun.
It is there for each and every one of us.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply