Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-01-2022, 05:51 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - August

August 1

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. Romans 15:13

Psalm 91:4 – He will cover you with His feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Psalm 119:114 – You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2022, 06:23 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 2

The LORD will keep you from all harm—he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. Psalm 121:7–8

Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips. - Psalm 141:3

LORD, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; in your faithfulness and righteousness come to my relief. Psalm 143:1

James 1:22 – Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

"The sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me. (John 10:27)

Psalm 91:1 NIV He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
Old 08-03-2022, 05:43 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 3

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Hebrews 10:23 – Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise.

1 Samuel 16:7 – The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own under*standing. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
Old 08-04-2022, 05:45 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 4

“In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. Ephesians 4:26–27

Deuteronomy 31:6 – Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.

Joshua 1:9 – Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Jeremiah 33:2-3 – This is what the Lord says, he who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established it — the Lord is his name: Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.

James 4:8a – Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you.

This is what the Lord says, he who created you, he who formed you: Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. Isaiah 43:1

All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true. 2 Timothy 3:16

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)

Romans 5:8 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Old 08-05-2022, 05:43 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 5

The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. —Isaiah 58:11

Psalm 32:8 – I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.

Deuteronomy 33:27a – The eternal God is your refuge, and his everlasting arms are under you.

Fools show their annoyance at once, but the prudent overlook an insult. Proverbs 12:16
Old 08-06-2022, 03:05 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 6

Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance. Jude 1:2

Psalm 62:1 – Truly my soul silently waits for God; From Him comes my salvation.

Mark 11:25 25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.

And this is the way to have eternal life—to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth. John 17:3
Old 08-07-2022, 06:42 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 7

Never seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord. Leviticus 19:18

Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind. Let them sacrifice thank offerings and tell of his works with songs of joy. —Psalm 107:21-22

“let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven” (Matthew 5:16, NKJV).

Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness. James 3:18

Isaiah 33:22 – The Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king; it is he who will save us.

The word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. Hebrews 4:12
Old 08-08-2022, 05:47 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 8

Psalms 103:1-5 1 Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. 2 Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—3 who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, 4 who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, 5 who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

Nahum 1:7 7 The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him

In God, whose word I praise—in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? Psalm 56:4

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 – Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Hebrews 11:1,6 – Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

Psalm 149:4 – For the Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with salvation.

Let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in your hearts and make you wise. Colossians 3:16

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 1 Corinthians 13:4-5

"I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip - He who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep." (Psalm 121:1-4)

Psalm 51:10 NIV Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Romans 10:9-10 9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

But from there you will search again for the Lord your God. And if you search for him with all your heart and soul, you will find him. Deuteronomy 4:29
Old 08-09-2022, 05:52 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 9

The fear of man is a snare, but the one who trusts in the Lord is protected. —Proverbs 29:25

But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. Matthew 5:44

Hebrews 12:1-2 "Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith."

Luke 12:6-7 – Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

The grass withers, and the flowers fall away. But the word of the Lord will last forever. 1 Peter 1:24-25

Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 1 John 4:11

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. — Matthew 6:19-21
Old 08-10-2022, 06:30 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 10

And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister. 1 John 4:21

1 John 1:5 5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.

2 Timothy 1:7 7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Matthew 5:4 – Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

1 Corinthians 13:13 – And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

1 John 4:10 – This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

Psalm 46:1 – God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

There is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and people. He is the man Christ Jesus. 1 Timothy 2:5

1 John 4:15-16 15 If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. 16 And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.
Old 08-11-2022, 05:50 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 11

Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways. Proverbs 4:26

Proverbs 11:2 – Pride leads to disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.

But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. — 1 Peter 3:15

I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Old 08-12-2022, 01:18 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 12

For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light. Ephesians 5:8

Ephesians 5:1-2,8-10 – Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. At one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true), and try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 – Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

Psalm 119:130 – The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.

Psalm 62:7 NIV My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Old 08-13-2022, 07:41 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 13

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. —2 Corinthians 12:9

Hebrews 12:1b-2a – Let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith.

1 Peter 3:12a – The eyes of the Lord watch over those who do right, and his ears are open to their prayers.

Ephesians 2:10 – We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

“I can do everything through Him who gives me strength” (Philippians 4:13).

Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart. Colossians 4:2
Old 08-14-2022, 05:47 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 14

Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun. Psalm 37:5-6

Galatians 3:16-17 26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

John 14:1 – Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me (Jesus).

Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. — Ephesians 5:21

Isaiah 9:6 NIV For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 16 May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, 17 encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.

Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. Romans 12:12
Old 08-15-2022, 06:06 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 15

For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end. —Psalm 48:14

Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. 2 Corinthians 9:10

Matthew 22:36-40 – "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?" Jesus said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."

Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think about such things. — Philippians 4:8

Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. — Psalms 105:4

1 Corinthians 13:2 NIV If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
Post New ThreadReply