Old 05-28-2017, 02:50 AM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thought for the Day

Sunday, MAY 28

From the book: Food for Thought

Patience

The person who is a compulsive overeater is often someone who wants what he or she wants right now, if not before. When we take inventory, many of us realize that impatience is one of our most troublesome character defects. We are impatient with other people when they do not see things our way, we are impatient with the slowness of weight loss, and we are impatient when we do not seem to be making emotional and spiritual progress.

Cultivating patience helps us tremendously with our program. We grow in patience when we give God control of our lives and decide to live according to His timetable. If we accept what happens to us as the will of a Higher Power, we are better able to treat even the unpleasant situations as learning experiences. We become more patient with ourselves when we view our failures as opportunities to try again.

Fruitful growth is slow. Only weeds grow quickly. Acknowledging powerlessness builds the patience to persevere with what we can do and the faith to leave the results to God.
Trusting in You, may I learn patience.
The failure is in the not trying. That has where I have been in regard to my honey buns. I will have to start again and pray for the willingness to be willing.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote