View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 09:36 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 3

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, I thank you this morning for all that I have. Even if I have problems with my health, I am alive today. If I have money problems, I will eat today. I have clothes to wear, a roof to protect me, and air to breathe.

Let me never take for granted these gifts of life, oh Lord, but always remember that they come from you; without you, no man could make the sun shine or the tree bear its fruit. I pray to live this day in joy and thankfulness for what I have, remembering always who made me and who keeps me. In the name of Christ I pray, Amen.

Meditation

[The tree bears its fruit.]

Prayer to Know God's Will

And shall I pray Thee change Thy will, my Father,
Until it be according unto mine?
But, no, Lord, no, that never shall be, rather
I pray Thee blend my human will with Thine.

I pray Thee hush the hurrying, eager longing,
I pray Thee soothe the pangs of keen desire -
See in my quiet places, wishes thronging -
Forbid them, Lord, purge, though it be with fire.
Amen.

by Amy Carmichael

Father, I come before You rejoicing, for this is the day that You have made and I will rejoice and be glad in it. To obey is better than sacrifice, so I am making a decision to submit to Your will today, that my plans and purposes may be conducted in a manner that will bring honor and glory to You. Cause me to be spiritually and mentally alert in this time of meditation and prayer, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord, we ask that we may have the vision to see when something is not right and then try to do something about it: - that we may notice when someone is unhappy or isn’t well, and set out to encourage them; - that we may notice when someone feels left out, and then do what we can to help them feel part of things; - that we may notice when something needs to be done, and then get on with it. Lord, we ask that we may notice all that is around us, and live in a positive and cheerful way. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I do thank you for the encouragement that You bring, when at times, I am tempted to become discouraged in certain situations. I am greatly encouraged when You do answer my prayers. You truly are a faithful God that hears and answers our prayers. I am amazed at times, when I have totally forgotten a prayer that I prayed years ago and suddenly it comes to pass. Lord, encourage my brothers and sisters in the Lord, and answer their prayers that have been prayed according to Your will. Send hope to those who need it and give them faith to believe You for their answers. Help me to respond to those who disagree with me in the manner that You would have me to respond. Fill me with Your love, and empower me with Your Holy Spirit to do Your will in every situation. I ask this in the name of the Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

A Prayer for Being Grateful

Lord God, may we be grateful for our lot, and compassionate toward all those who are suffering every kind of distress at this difficult time. May we hold back nothing, and hasten to be the ministers of prayer and mercy, like the disciples of Him who went about doing good in times of need.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: