View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 12:35 PM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 4

Prayer for the Morning

Good morning, dear Father; thank you for this day, Help me to follow you in every way. Let me speak as you speak, and do as you do; Let me help others, as you help them, too.

Help me to be honest, don't let me play games, Help me to grow, yet still stay the same. Help me not to be selfish, to give of my heart, my mind and my labor; Give all - not just part.

Help me to love others, my family, my friends, Bless all of my foes, help me make amends. Help me be kind, Father, where I am needed, let Me give warm attention, and see all needs are met.

Help keep me busy, to strive for the best, Help me not to be lazy, but find needed rest. Let me come to you, Father, throughout the day, Often to thank you, often to pray. Amen.

For Guidance in Bringing Others to Christ

Oh Heavenly Father, who has promised to send us a Spirit to lead us, if we but listen and hear his presence in the bustle of life, I pray for your direction and guidance in becoming a disciple of your word. Teach me to spread your truth, to anyone I might see who might be able to hear it. Let me always reach out and show your love to the world through my every action. I pray, Holy Spirit, show me your path in this wayward world. Mold me by the model of your Son, and let me every day approach nearer to his perfect service. Let me, too, be a fisher of men. Show me, teach me, to help guide others to you, in both my words and my deeds. In the name of Christ, I pray, Amen.

Finally, may I go forth filled with the joy and confidence of your Spirit; and may everything I do this day, in word or deed, be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Amen.

Father, you alone are my Strength, my Rock, my Fortress, my Deliverer and my Shield. Jesus, you are my peace. Your Word declares that my enemies will not triumphant over me. Because my ways are pleasing to you, Lord, you make my enemies to be at peace with me. Lord, you are my Shepherd who prepares a table of abundance for me in the presence of my enemies, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, "I asked for health, that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity that I might do better things." ... Sometimes it takes an infirmity to make me slow down enough to turn to You. When one is side-tracked, then one has the time to contemplate one's life and its direction. ... Help me, Lord, to see that my life has too often been like driving in the fast lane. I have sped along without looking at a map, so caught up in my own thoughts and everyday demands that I haven't had time to realize where I am headed. ... I wanted to do "greater things," but now You have let infirmity force me to take time-out. ... Inspire me, Lord, to use this time of recovery to see how I might serve You better. Help me to slow down and sort out the important from the merely self-serving. ... Show me how to make my life more meaningful, that others may be encouraged to know You. Thank You, Lord, for this lesson and for Your patience.

In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
© 1996 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

“A Prayer For Pressing On”

Father, You bless those who revere Your name and delight in Your commands. In the midst of inner turmoil or outer conflict I will not be shaken for my heart remains steadfast trusting in You and Your overall plan for my life. As I meditate on Your Word and stand firm in the midst of trials and testings I know that I will not be shaken. I want to remain firmly grounded as I overcome the daily obstacles that come my way. Help me to learn the valuable lessons along the way as I press on toward the goal for which You have called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Many prizes of earthly value are earned on this side, but the prize of greatest worth that offers eternal reward is heaven. I’m headed there and will leave all sorrow, sin, and sadness behind. That will be glory, be glory for me! Amen.

Our Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory forever and ever amen. Establish Your kingdom government in all areas of our government and communities. Raise up leaders who are established in You in our governments, communities, and families. In Jesus' Name, we pray. Amen.

Lord in heaven, please listen to all those who are praying to you now. Those who are sad and crying, those who have lost friends and family. Those who are alone and frightened. Help them to remember, that you are there and you are listening. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen.

Look Upon Us, O Lord
St. Augustine
Look upon us, O Lord,
and let all the darkness of our souls
vanish before the beams of thy brightness.
Fill us with holy love,
and open to us the treasures of thy wisdom.
All our desire is known unto thee,
therefore perfect what thou hast begun,
and what thy Spirit has awakened us to ask in prayer.
We seek thy face,
turn thy face unto us and show us thy glory.
Then shall our longing be satisfied,
and our peace shall be perfect.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: