View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

There is nothing wrong with reading the Bible, it has religious views and for many, it doesn't express a spiritual for many people. It is against the Traditions to put the Bible in meeting places, yet many meetings are held in Sunday School rooms here, and the word is there. It is freedom of choice. I have seen so many people walk out of the rooms of recovery when religion is brought up, no matter what denomination or belief.

I have always had a Bible. I shared some of my early meditations with others in my group, only if they were willing and interested in receiving them. A woman shared her story, and she referred to those readings which helped her to find her God. Spirituality can be found in the Bible if you look at it with an open mind. It isn't something that learned overnight. I was raised in the church, always believed in what I was taught, yet it never stopped me from becoming an alcoholic or an addict.

A young guy shared at a meeting that is his Higher Power was Jesus. People walked out of the meeting and he relapsed a week later. You have to live that others may see. You have to walk, that people can see God through you. The words mean nothing, if you don't apply them to your life. Reading doesn't help if you don't look at what your reading to see what you need for you. Jesus showed us a spiritual way of living. He walked His talk.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing: