Thread: Be Devoted
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 08:43 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Be Devoted

Today’s Scripture: “Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.” (Romans 12:10, NIV)

Be Devoted

What are you devoted to in your life? Being devoted to something is simply being loyal by giving of your time, affection and resources. Many people today are devoted to certain restaurants, television programs and even their cell phones. There’s nothing wrong with any of that, but we have to examine our own hearts and see if we are being devoted to the people God has placed in our lives. Are we honoring others above ourselves? The world’s system says to “look out for number one—yourself,” but God’s system says “look out for others, and I will look out for you.”

Today, as you examine your own heart and life, ask the Lord to show you ways that you can honor others. One way is by simply being faithful to your word. Be a person of integrity and honor. As you live your life devoted to one another and honoring others, you are actually honoring God. He will repay you for your kindness and reward you in this life and in eternity!

A Prayer for Today: “Father, I want to be a person of honor. Teach me to be devoted to others the way You desire. Fill me with Your love and help me to focus on eternity. I bless You and thank You for Your goodness in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Joel Osteen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links