View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 04:40 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 11

Prayer For Inner Strength

Lord, I'm upset and disturbed, and I pray that You will grant me the grace of inner peace.
Give me the patience I need to cope with the burdens and anxieties of my life.
Grant me the strength to better deal with my problems, and the understanding to be more tolerant and kind to others.
Teach me to seek after Your will.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

When we were drinking, most of us were full of pride and selfishness.

We believed we could handle our own affairs, even though we were making a mess of our lives. We were very stubborn and didn't like to take advice. We resented being told what to do. To us, humility looked like weakness. But when we came into A.A., we began to be humble. And we found out that humility gave us the power we needed to overcome drinking.

So ............

Have I learned that there is power in humility?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Thoughts

Good thoughts are like bright colors in a painting. Negative thoughts are dark and dreary and drab. Each day we paint pictures of our own lives with our thoughts. If we step back and look at the canvas, we will see whether the picture is alive with bright colors or dreary and lifeless like a dark cloud. Our thoughts have the power to bring joy or sadness our way, depending on what we expect or look for in our surroundings. The choice of how we want our lives to be is ours. Since we paint a new picture each day, we are always free to change things when they don't please us. What better time than the present?

Is there something in my life I'd like to change today?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Habits

Our drinking was connected with many habits -- big and little. Some of them were thinking habits, or things we felt inside ourselves. Others were doing habits -- things we did, actions we took. In getting used to not drinking, we have found that we needed new habits to take the place of the old ones.

Living Sober, Preface

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Gratitude opens our eyes to the miracles that surround us." ~ D. Denise Dianaty
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: