View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 04:15 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 10

For Today Prayer

God, please come and be with me in my circumstances. Fill my thoughts with Your thoughts and Your wisdom. Please come and act on my behalf. Show me what to do and give me the power and strength to take responsibility where I can but let go of the rest and lay down the burden. Fill my heart with courage to act and to do the next right thing.

I won't let the past rob me of the peace and stability You promise me in this day. I let go of regret and shame. I will live in this new day as the new person I am when God lives in me.

For this one day I will be simple hearted and focused in my mind on what I can do and on your commitment to show me a way through the rest.
Amen

http://pihprayer.blogspot.com/2015/09/prayer-to-live-one-day-at-time.html+

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

When we were drinking, most of us had no real faith in anything.

We may have said that we believed in God, but we didn't act as though we did. We never honestly asked God to help us and we never really accepted His help. To us, faith looked like helplessness. But when we came into A.A., we began to have faith in God. And we found out that faith gave us the strength we needed to overcome drinking.

So ............

Have I learned that there is strength in faith?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Negative Messages

As we go through life, we run into all kinds of negative messages: teasing on the school bus, insulting nicknames, and other put-downs. Pretty soon we may discover that some of these messages stick in our minds, repeating themselves over and over like broken records. These messages can make us feel bad about ourselves.

But when we hear one of these tapes playing inside us, we have the power to push the STOP button. Then we can record a new message. We can even say it out loud, so that our voice settles emphatically into our thoughts. We can't make others stop saying these things, but we can stop listening to them. They only have power over us when we give it to them. We have the ability and freedom to let negative thoughts float by us, like water going downstream.

What positive message can I send to myself?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anonymity

We have denied ourselves personal government, professionalism, and the right to say who our members shall be. We have abandoned do-goodism, reform, and paternalism. We refuse charitable money and prefer to pay our own way. We will cooperate with practically everybody, yet we decline to marry our Society to anyone. We abstain from public controversy and will not quarrel among ourselves about those things that so rip society asunder-- religion, politics, and reform. We have but one purpose; to carry the AA message to the sick alcoholic who wants it.

The Language of the Heart Page 211

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Trite as it may sound, the cure for self-pity is to think about those who are less fortunate and start counting our blessings. Taking some action, doing some small thing for someone else, perhaps a phone call - these are constructive steps to take us off the 'pity pot'." ~ Cristina Ferrare
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: