View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 04:45 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 4

Uplift My Thoughts Prayer

Dear God, I come to You in my hour of need. I ask You to touch my mind and uplift my thoughts, change my seeming realities that I'm thinking about my life, change my opinion of what is and what can be.

God, I ask that You to give me a sense of well-being again. I pray that You help me find my smile, both on my face and in my soul. God I cannot do this by myself, so I turn to You, and I surrender.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

When I came into A.A., I learned what an alcoholic was.

I applied that knowledge to myself to see if I was an alcoholic. When I was convinced that I was an alcoholic, I admitted it openly. Since then, have I been learning to live accordingly? Have I read the book Alcoholics Anonymous? Have I applied the knowledge gained to myself? Have I admitted openly that I am an alcoholic?

So ............

Am I ready to admit it at any time when I can be of help?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Life & Change

Change surrounds us. It lies within us, too. The trees in the yard have changed. They've grown taller. Their leaves die and scatter on the ground in the fall. We don't resemble our baby pictures much anymore, either. Like trees, we've grown up. As babies, we couldn't walk. But we learned to run, ride bikes, and go out alone to movies and parties.

Some changes we don't notice while they're going on. The snow melts; the birds fly south; our hair grows a little every day. Other changes startle us. A best friend moves away. Perhaps a favorite grandparent dies. These changes we wish hadn't happened, and we have to remember that change is as natural as breathing. We can't keep it from happening, but we can trust that change never means to harm us. It's a sign we're growing up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vision For You

You are going to meet these new friends in your own community. Near you, alcoholics are dying helplessly like people in a sinking ship. If you live in a large place, there are hundreds. High and low, rich and poor, these are future fellows of Alcoholics Anonymous. Among them you will make lifelong friends. You will be bound to them with new and wonderful ties, for you will escape disaster together and you will commence shoulder to shoulder your common journey. Then you will know what it means to give of yourself that others may survive and rediscover life. You will learn the full meaning of “Love thy neighbor as thyself.”

Alcoholics Anonymous Pages 153-153

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“Laugh at yourself. It tones your facial muscles and attitude.” – Kelly Rudolph
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: