View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 11:24 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 2

Wisdom for Today
There is a real sense of relief when you realize that a Power greater is in charge. When I could finally let go of trying to control everything and let God run the show, I found a new sense of inner peace. It did not take long for me to relax about my ability to stay clean and sober once I truly began to trust and have faith in a Power outside of myself. I knew I couldn’t do it on my own. I needed help.
It was only then that I was able to really open myself and take advantage of all the opportunities in recovery. I found that I was not only gaining a feeling of genuine happiness and inner serenity, but I also found that I was becoming useful. Imagine me – useful! I had been the person walking around feeling like a real loser; and now I was being productive, useful and felt like I mattered. I no longer felt like a piece of junk but realized that I was valued. With God in charge I became somebody of worth. Am I enjoying the benefits of letting go and letting God?
Meditations for the Heart
Much of AA had its early roots in many of the principles found in the Bible. There is a passage in the Bible that says, “Seek ye first the Kingdom of God , and all these things will be added unto you.” This principle of seeking a strong spiritual foundation first is at the very crux of what makes one successful in recovery. As long as we continue to rely on ourselves or on material things, we do not find that inner peace. Each of us has our own concept and understanding of who or what God is. But it is the reliance on this Power outside us that makes a real difference in our lives. Letting go of my character defects would not have been possible if I had no one to turn them over to. I needed not to just stop behaving the way I did, but I also had to start behaving differently. I could not do this without the help of my Higher Power. Do I have a strong spiritual foundation?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
I know that for me to experience good things in life is not dependent on what I do. I know that I will never be perfect in my spiritual foundation, but Your grace will provide for me a new life. Help me this day to let go and trust that You are in charge. Teach me the changes I need to make so that I may experience all that You offer.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: