Prayer for the Morning

For the bird who sings outside my window,
For the tree that stands outside my door,
For the neighbor who waves and says "good morning",
I give you thanks dear God, for these and more,

Your blessings every morning know no limit,
Yet I often rush by not seeing them, I fear;
Let me take a moment this and every morning, God, I pray,
To remember all of them, and know that you are here.
Amen.

Now the God of patience and consolation grant to me, and to all who pray in the name of Christ, to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: That we may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Lord, remind me of what Paul told the Philippian church: "Don't worry over anything whatsoever, tell God every detail of your needs in earnest and thankful prayer, and the peace of God which transcends human understanding will keep constant guard over your hearts and minds as they rest in Jesus Christ."* ... Help me to realize that it is easier to accept You as sovereign and Jesus Christ as Your Son, on faith, than to believe in a "happenstance" universe with no divine Designer whose care and love can be experienced by those who believe! ... Remind me, Lord, lest I forget, that You are indeed trustworthy, and that those who trust in You are forever in Your care.

In the name of Jesus I pray.

Amen.

* (Phil. 4:7 -- Phillips translation)

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Loving Father, may I remember that from the beginning, all things were created beautiful and were given for love. I pray that I may be willing to be guided to the beautiful things of life and receive from them the delight of thy love. Amen.

Lord, inspire us in every moment before we speak, so that our words to others today may all be positive. Amen.

“A Prayer To The All-Knowing God”

Father, You love us so completely and have a wonderful plan for our lives that is revealed to us through the Scriptures and in our life’s experiences. You know us intimately; you know our thoughts before we even speak a word. To grasp the scope of Your awesome power is more than we can comprehend, but we walk by faith and grow in our knowledge of You as a personal God. You know when we sit and when we rise; You perceive our thoughts from afar. You are greater than our hearts and You know everything. Amen.

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. Let the redeemed of the Lord tell their story – those he redeemed from the hand of the foe, those he gathered from the lands, from east and west, from north and south. Psalm 107:1–3, NIV

Lord our God and our Father, we thank you for all the blessings you have brought into our lives and for everything we still hope to receive from your goodness. We thank you that through your Spirit you will work more and more in us and in all men, so that we are not held back by any human considerations but can go toward a higher goal. Keep us in your care. In all our special concerns may each of us experience your comfort and help, so that we may rejoice with the praise of your name always in our hearts. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for Your Word and Your faithfulness to keep it. Lord, may I be one who keeps my word also. Father, I also ask You to help me guard what comes out of my mouth. May my words be gracious to others and also words of faith and kindness. Lord, when I am trying to convince someone about You or Your Word, may I be gracious about it, trusting You to break down any defensiveness that they may have. Give me love and patience while I am witnessing and sharing with others who do not know You. I ask this in the name of the Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Lord, our time on earth is short. Please help me realize that it is not the amount of time, but the quality of the time I spend that counts.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: