View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 11:08 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 10

Prayer for the Day (inspired by Jane Austen)

Give me grace Almighty Father, so to pray, as to deserve to be heard, to address you with my heart, as with my lips. You are everywhere present, from you no secret can be hidden. May the knowledge of this, teach me to fix my thoughts on you, with reverence and devotion, that I may not pray in vain.

May I now, and on each return of morning, consider how I will spend the day ahead; what thoughts will prevail in my mind? What words will I speak? Will my actions reflect your will, or my own? How far can I acquit myself of evil, and live in the goodness and beauty of my Lord Christ?

Will I think irreverently of you? Will I disobey your commandments? Will I neglect and make excuses for any known duty, or willingly given pain to any human being? Incline me to ask my heart these questions oh! God, throughout the day, to save me from deceiving myself by pride or vanity.

And give me always a thankful sense of the blessings in which I live, of the many comforts of my lot; that I may not deserve to lose them by discontent or indifference. Hear me almighty God, for his sake who has redeemed me, and taught me thus to pray. Amen.

Prayer for Those with Harmful Obsessions

Heavenly Father, I remember today all the many people who damage or destroy their lives with one of the thousand obsessions that can plague the human mind: The alcoholic and addict; those with eating disorders; those with sexual compulsions; those who are driven to obsessive gambling; the superstitious; those who hoard obsessively and live in squalor; those whose only concern is their appearance, or wealth; or any of the myriad, baffling, and often bizarre behavioral disorders that may affect and burden the lives of your people.

Help me first to remember, when I am shocked by their behavior or critical of them, that they are your beautiful children whom you love. Give them the strength to seek help, guide them to people who can help them, and flood them with the power of your Holy Spirit, that they may control their disorders and find peace and contentment on this earth, and the eternal joy that awaits the faithful. I pray this in the name of Christ, who loved beyond all love and was always pleased to heal those who came to Him in faith. Amen.

May God Almighty send me his light and truth, to keep this day and all the days of my life. And may His mighty hand protect me, and all my brothers and sisters who have joined me in prayer this day, blessing our homes and our lives. Amen.

Ask the Father

Jesus said, “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you….” In his name, I resist the temptation to be anxious about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything by prayer and petition [definite requests] with thanksgiving I will continue to make my wants known to God. Whatever I ask for in prayer, I believe that it is granted to me, and I shall receive it to the glory of the Father. Amen

Scripture Reading Matthew 7:7 (KJV) Philippians 4:6 Mark 11:22-25

O Lord, my gracious Father, may I not be so eager for more, that I feel I have nothing to spare. Help me to realize that if I may be on the mountain-top, or at the level of the sea, thy spirit may dwell in my soul. May I rejoice that I can always receive and share thy grace and love. Amen.

Lord Jesus, you talked about the need for us to have our priorities right, and not to hoard possessions. You said that where our treasure is, there our heart and commitment will really be. Touch our hearts that we may love people and use things - and never the other way around. Inspire us to seek first your kingdom and use our talents and gifts for the benefit of others. Amen.

Leadership Qualities

1 Timothy 3:1-13

Dear Father,

Give in whatever measure you please the qualities of elders and deacons to all your people, even to me. Help me desire tasks that are a noble work to you. Help me to live above reproach, to be proper in my family relations, to be temperate, sensible, dignified, hospitable, sober, and gentle.

Help me manage my affairs properly and command the respect of my family and outsiders. Help me serve you well in whatever capacity you allot, that I may gain a good standing and great confidence in my faith in Christ.

Keep me from becoming puffed up or conceited. Don't let me fall into the condemnation of the devil.

In the name of Jesus. Amen.

“A Prayer For Knowing The Truth”

Father, You grant us access to Your presence through Your Son, Jesus, who is the Way, the Truth and the Life. As we come into personal relationship with Him we begin to know the Truth that sets us free from the deceit and lies of Satan. Help us to faithfully engraft Your Word into our hearts so that we will filter all that we see, hear and read to find what You, the Source and very Essence of truth have to say to our hearts. Help us to conform to Your will in all matters. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Please give me the wisdom to be kind when it is possible. Let me never forget it is always possible.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: