View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 10:58 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 10

ME MEETING ME

“You have swallowed and digested some big chunks of truth about yourself.” P. Alcoholics Anonymous, page 71

“You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32

For what it's worth: All the shades were down so I could not see inside me, but many a drunk launched from what I feared was there. That fear blocked any chance for intimacy and locked me in a lonely, dark place. I would have died there alone and in the darkness without a merciful God rescuing me and giving me over to a bunch of sober, loving drunks in Alcoholics Anonymous. They taught me how to stop being a coward and raise the shades to face myself. I found that I was not nearly as crazy and evil as I believed. And I was not unique. Since facing the truth, God has granted me the gift of knowing I am lovable, loving, and worthwhile. This is an indescribable gift for a once low-down drunk like me. I am deeply grateful to God and Alcoholics Anonymous for introducing me to me and helping me become someone I would want to meet.

God bless you!
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: