View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 06:16 AM   #35
yukonm
Administrator

March 29

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

If a mere code of morals or a better philosophy of life were to overcome alcoholism, many of us would have recovered long ago. But we found that such codes and philosophies did not save us, no matter how much we tried. We could wish to be moral, we could wish to be philosophically comforted, in fact, we could will these things with all our might, but the needed power wasn't there. Our human resources, as marshalled by the will, were not sufficient; they failed utterly. - Pg. 45 - We Agnostics

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

Anger is one letter short of Danger. ( Dolores )

I Will Be Me

I will be me, today. One thing I never seem to do well at, is trying to be someone else. I can imitate and learn from others, but I cannot be them. Only they know how to do that, it's a natural outgrowth of all that they have experienced in life, of all they are. That's the bad news. The good news is no one can be me as well as me. Being me builds on who I already am. It's exercise for my personality and my spirit. If I allow myself to actualize my own unique gifts and visions they will have originality to them, a freshness.

I am a better me than anyone else can be

- Tian Dayton PhD

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

In the words of Wayne Dryer 'You will be happy to know that the universal law that created miracles has not been repealed.'

I Expect a Miracle today.

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

There is an easy answer to your problem that is neat, plausible, and wrong.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

God gives me all the strength and courage to accept whatever happens in my life today. It is so freeing to know that I am no longer a victim of people, places and things.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

Relationships: I've learned how to get into them and now how to get out of them.
Now all I've got to do is learn how to do the bit in the middle. - Lochie.

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote