View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 08:33 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 24

Quote of the Week

"A Big Book that's falling apart is usually carried by a person who isn't."

I have heard so many times in meetings that the answers to my alcoholism and to the problems in my life are to be found in the Big Book. The question I have to ask myself is how often do I go there to find them? And the answer these days is not often enough.

When I was new I spent a lot of time reading the Big Book. My sponsor and I went through it page by page, and I'd attend book study meetings where I would break it down even more. And as my book began falling apart, I realized that my life no longer was.

Recently I've made a commitment to get back to basics and read the Big Book again. There are areas of my life that aren't where I want them, and I know that I'll find the answers I need in the Big Book. I've got the latest edition, a yellow highlighter, and I'm going to read and study it until it begins to fall apart. By then I know my life will be in order once again.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote