View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 10:19 AM   #24
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 24

For a Steady Mind While at Prayer

O Lord, take from me idleness of spirit, which destroys time; and vanity of thought, which hinders Your presence and distracts my attention to prayer. And if, while in prayer, I turn away from You in my thoughts, help me to return to my purpose; so that I might not avert my heart from You, during the few precious moments I dedicate to talking with You.

And grant me this day, dear Lord, that You may never be completely out of my thoughts. Let me carry you as a voice to guide my every step as I slip down the path of this precious day, that I might always remember Your will, and lighten the world around me. Help me to make every moment of my day, every word from my mouth, a prayer, that I might live in Your presence. Amen.

Meditation

[Make every word from my mouth a prayer.]

All through this day, O Lord, by the power of your quickening Spirit, let me touch the lives of others for good, whether through the word I speak, the prayer I speak, or the life I live. Amen.

Dear Lord, remind me that man can never travel far enough in space to go beyond the boundaries of Your love. ... Even though I cannot see the wind, I can believe it's there because of its effects. ... Just so, I can believe in You because I see Your love and concern in all that You have provided for us in Your creation. ... Help me, Lord, to reflect Your love so that others may desire to know You too, for I often feel inadequate.

In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

© 1999 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

I thank you, Lord, for knowing me better than I know myself. I thank you for letting me know myself better than others know me. Make me, I ask you then, better than they suppose I am, and forgive me for what they do not know.

Dear Lord, please help me to remember that it is not what I say, but what I do that speaks the loudest.

“A Prayer For An Attitude Of Rejoicing”

Father, we’re told to do everything without complaining, so that we shine like stars in the universe. We know that people are drawn to light where brightness is present and warmth is extended. Help our conversation to be full of grace, tenderness, light, and truth so that we will positively affect those around us. May we be as a sweet aroma to You and those whom we meet on our life’s journey. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: