View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 11:11 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 10

Quote of the Week

"I don't believe in miracles, I depend on them!"

If you had asked me before recovery if I believed in miracles, I would have laughed in your face. "Look at my life!" I would have said. "There are certainly no miracles happening here." On hindsight I wasn't aware of how miraculous it was I hadn't killed myself or anybody else yet, or how the miracle of recovery was about to happen for me.

During the first few years of recovery, the occurrence of miracles was subtle at first, and I sometimes missed them. My physical sobriety was something I struggled with and then eventually took for granted, but it was surely my first miracle. Later, the miracles of emotional recovery and the emerging awareness of and appreciation for my spiritual self were also examples of the miracles taking place in my life. And, of course, I was always surrounded by the many miracles happening in the lives of those in the rooms around me.

These days I've come to rely on the existence of miracles even though they may not always look like I expect them to. Today I realize it's enough to just believe in them, to show up and be of service, and to let God do the rest. Then I just sit back and let the miracles happen.

Today, I believe in miracles.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: