View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 05:18 AM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 22

'Tis peace of mind, lad, we must find.

~Theocritus

What could be more valuable than peace of mind? With it, no other valuables are necessary. Without it, all the valuables in the world aren't enough. Truly, no human condition is more desirable.

All languages have words for the profound sense of serenity that is peace of mind. Liberians talk about peace of mind in words that literally mean "My heart sits down." In other parts of Africa, peace of mind is called a "body song" or "where the cool water runs." In any tongue, the sentiment is the same.

Peace of mind isn't something we go out and get. It's the result of something we do and keep on doing. Peace is the reward for turning our lives and our wills over to the care of God as we understand Him, so we can do what is necessary. When our response to shame is not a food binge, the afterglow is peace of mind; when we want to run from a relationship but don't, we have earned the sensation of peace; when we want to hide but we extend a heart and hand, we have won peace.

Today, I will prepare myself to receive peace of mind. I will thank God in advance for giving it to me.

Today's reading is from the book Days of Healing, Days of Joy: Daily Meditations for Adult Children*
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: