View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 05:14 AM   #31
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 29

A Prayer for Sanity

Lord,
Grant us sanity during these very challenging times.
We live in a time that brings many of us the unexpected and the unexplainable.
Help us think with clarity, and guide us to behave with courage when the opportunity comes to change our difficulties.
Amen

~ Celeste M. PĂ©rez Chadha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Alcoholics recover their faith in a Power greater than themselves.

They admit that they're helpless by themselves and they call on that Higher Power for help. They surrender their lives to God, as they understand Him. They put their drink problem in God's hands and leave it there. They recover their faith in a Higher Power that can help them.

So ............

Have I recovered my faith?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Understanding

For years I learned things without understanding what the words, or the meaning behind the words, really meant. An example was alcoholism. Then a man said, "My name is Bill, and I am an alcoholic and a recovering human being!" Then it struck me; recovery from alcohol --- was not simply about putting down the glass but about changing and developing a positive lifestyle as a human being.

The same is true with spirituality. It is not about being religious, going to church or accepting dogma. It is about finding God in my life, discovering God in the decisions and actions I take and seeing Him in the world around me. Today I understand spirituality to be the link that unites all peoples and is centered on what is true and real.

~ Author Unknown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anger - Personal and Group Enemy

"As the book 'Alcoholics Anonymous' puts it, 'Resentment is the Number One offender.' It is a primary cause of relapses into drinking. How well we of A.A. know that for us 'To drink is eventually to go mad or die.'

Much the same penalty overhangs every A.A. group. Given enough anger, both unity and purpose are lost. Given still more 'righteous' indignation, the group can disintegrate; it can actually die. This is why we avoid controversy. This is why we prescribe no punishments for any misbehavior, no matter how grievous. Indeed, no alcoholic can be deprived of his membership for any reason whatever.

Punishment never heals. Only love can heal.

As Bill Sees It Page 98

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed." ~ Napoleon Hill
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links