View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 04:52 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 3

Prayer for Relieving Anxiety & Stress

God,
I come before you full of fear and anxiety.
I ask that you help me through this day, this hour, and each and every moment.
I lay every problem and worry before you.
I will focus on the fact that you love and care for me.
I will allow you to carry my burdens as you surround me with peace, joy, and contentment.
Thank you, Lord, for all that you have and will do for me.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

What makes A.A. work?

The first thing is to have a revulsion against myself and my way of living. Then I must admit I was helpless, that alcohol had defeated me and I couldn't do anything about it. The next thing is to honestly want to quit the old life. Then I must surrender my life to a Higher Power, put my drinking problem in His hands and leave it there. After these things are done, I should attend meetings regularly for fellowship and sharing. I should also try to help other alcoholics.

So ............

Am I doing these things?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Isolation

For years I thought that I was alone; lost, isolated and afraid. Today I understand this to be a symptom of my alcoholism, an aspect of my disease. Alcoholism is "cunning, baffling and powerful"; it is a mystery that we have only begun to understand. One thing we know, the disease, the "ism" of alcoholism, involves more than the act of drinking. Feelings of inadequacy, isolation and fear keep us from recovering until we discover the spiritual strength to confront the disease in our lives. The initial risk of "letting go" and trusting others is an essential part of the recovery process.

When we discover that we are not alone, then relationships and hope are reactivated; life is worth living again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No If's

Alcoholism respects no ifs. It does not go away, not even for a week, for a day, or even for an hour, leaving us nonalcoholic and able to drink again on some special occasion or for some extraordinary reason -- not even if it is a once-in-a-lifetime celebration, or if a big sorrow hits us, or if it rains in Spain or the stars fall on Alabama.
Alcoholism is for us unconditional, with no dispensations available at any price.

Living Sober Page 63

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Often we want to be shown the big picture but it is not always in our best interest as we can easily become overwhelmed." ~ Madisyn Taylor
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: