View Single Post
Old 06-14-2022, 06:25 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 14

Stress Prayer

Dear Lord,
I have so many things I’m worried about bombarding my brain.
I am so tired from worrying about all of these things.
I’m not going to hold them anymore.
I cast them on You, knowing You are fully capable of catching them.
You carefully hold me, my loved ones, my dreams, and anything else I take care of and love in Your hands.
You are infinitely wise, resourceful, powerful, and loving.
You can take care of me and everything I care about.
Thank You, Lord!
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

It's very important to keep in a grateful frame of mind, if we want to stay sober.

We should be grateful that we're living in a day and age when an alcoholic isn't treated as he often used to be treated before Alcoholics Anonymous was started. In the old days, every town had its town drunk who was regarded with scorn and ridicule by the rest of the townspeople. We have come into A.A. and found all the sympathy, understanding, and fellowship that we could ask for. There's no other group like A.A. in the world.

So ............

Am I grateful?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

The Past

We're told that we should forget the past when we come into AA. Since we can't change it, we should not waste time and energy reliving it.

Let's be careful, however, not to take this advice too literally. There was much in our past that was good, even when we were drinking. We have a right and a need to treasure these important things.
The real dangers of living in the past come either from brooding about its mistakes or from thinking that our best days are already behind us. We can think of the past as a foundation for the good we expect today and in all the days ahead.

I'll preserve the best in my memories of the past, knowing that these helped bring me to my present state of recovery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Willing To Believe

Do not let any prejudice you may have against spiritual terms deter you from honestly asking yourself what they might mean to you. At the start, this was all we needed to commence spiritual growth, to effect our first conscious relation with God as we understood Him. Afterward, we found ourselves accepting many things which had seemed entirely out of reach. That was growth. But if we wished to grow we had to begin somewhere. So at first we used our own conceptions of God, however limited they were.

We needed to ask ourselves but one short question: "Do I now believe, or am I even willing to believe, that there is a Power greater than myself?" As soon as a man can say that he does believe, even in this small degree, or is willing to believe, we emphatically assure him that he is on his way.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 47

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start." ~ Nido Qubein
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: