View Single Post
Old 06-13-2022, 06:12 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 13

Prayer To Understand Others

Lord,
Grant me the gift of understanding.
Help me to understand the feelings of others, the desires of others, the goals of others.
At the same time, help me to understand myself in my actions and reactions.
Widen my vision beyond my own small world to embrace with knowledge and love the worlds of others.
Help me, Lord, to always see you at work in my own life and in the lives of others.
Bless me with insight, acceptance and love. Help me to understand.
Amen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

When we first came into A.A., a sober life seemed strange.

We wondered what life could possibly be like without ever taking a drink. At first, a sober life seemed unnatural. But the longer we're in A.A., the more natural this way of life seems. And now we know that the life we're living in A.A., the sobriety, the fellowship, the faith in God, and trying to help each other, is the most natural way we could possibly live.

So ............

Do I believe it's the way God wants me to live?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Anger

Anger is part of life. We need not dwell in it or seek it out, but we can't afford to ignore it. It's one of our emotions.

We can learn that we can shamelessly feel all our feelings, including anger, and still take responsibility for what we do when we feel angry. We don't have to let anger control us, but it surely will if we prevent ourselves from feeling it.

Being grateful, being positive, being healthy, does not mean we never feel angry. Being grateful, positive, and healthy means we feel angry when we need to.

I can let myself be angry, if I need to. I can feel and release my emotions, including anger, constructively. I will be grateful for my anger and the things it is trying to show me. I can feel and accept all my emotions without shame, and I can take responsibility for my actions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awakening

Alcoholism is a grievous and often fatal malady of the mind and body. We have found that these awful conditions invariably bring on the third phase of our malady. This is the sickness of the spirit; a sickness for which there must necessarily be a spiritual remedy. We AA's recognize this in the first five words of Step Twelve. Those words are: 'Having had a spiritual awakening...' Here we name the remedy for our threefold sickness of body, mind, and soul.
~ Bill W

The Language of the Heart Page 297

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving." ~ Dale Carnegie
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: