View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 06:36 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 12

Healing Prayer

Lord,
Thank you for your love, grace, and mercy.
I pray that my discomforts will turn to comforts, my pains to gains,
my deprivation to more blessings, my losses to profits, my tears to smiles,
my sorrows to pleasures, my illness to wellness, my debits to credits and my dreams to realities.
I trust in you Lord and in you alone to heal me with any form of skepticism.
I trust, Lord, that this agony and suffering that is only in my head will come to end and positivism will shine upon me.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

When drinking, I had to show off and boast so that people would think I amounted to something.

But of course, both they and I knew that I really didn't amount to anything. I didn't fool anybody. Although I've been sober for quite a while, the old habit of building myself up is still with me. I still have a tendency to think too well of myself and to pretend to be more than I really am.

So ............

Am I always in danger of becoming conceited just because I'm sober?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Remember

Do you remember what it was like to not have sobriety? Remember the shame? Remember loneliness? Remember lying and wishing you could stop? Remember the powerlessness? Do you remember, also, how it felt when you began to believe you had an illness? Your shame was lifted. Remember what it was like to look around at your meeting and know you belonged? Your loneliness was lifted. Remember when your family started to trust you again? Your dishonesty has been lifted. Sobriety gives us many roses. Our memory will help to keep them fresh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fellowship

The fellowship I found in AA enabled me to face my problem honestly and squarely. I couldn't do it among my relatives, I couldn't do it among my friends. No one likes to admit they're a drunk, that they can't control this thing. But when we come into AA, we can face our problem honestly and openly. I went to closed meetings and open meetings. And I took everything that AA had to give me. It was at that point I reached surrender.

Alcoholics Anonymous, 3rd Edition, Page 340

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“It is better to live one day wisely and reflectively than to live a hundred years in ignorance and indulgence." ~ Buddha
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: