View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 04:10 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 8

Recovery from Alcoholism Prayer

God,
We thank you for the gift of new life after the fear of addiction.
With Your help, we have walked from darkness into light, from alcoholism into recovery.
Thank you for everyone who has supported and loved me during this difficult journey.
May You continue to bless us on the road of recovery, and always.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

When we were drinking, we used to be ashamed of the past.

Remorse is terrible mental punishment: ashamed of ourselves for the things we've said and done, afraid to face people because of what they might think of us, afraid of the consequences of what we did when we were drunk. In A.A. we forget about the past.

So ............

Do I believe that God has forgiven me for everything I've done in the past, no matter how black it was, provided I'm honestly trying to do the right thing today?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Self-approval

Most of us want to be liked. We want other people to think of us as nice, friendly, kind, and loving. Most of us want the approval of others. We may look for approval from people who have none to give. We may not know that we're lovable now and can learn to approve of ourselves.

The unmet needs for approval and love from our past give others control over us today. These needs can prevent us from acting in our best interest and being true to ourselves.

I will try to let go of my need for approval and my need to be liked. I will replace them with a need to like and approve of myself. I will enjoy the surprise I find when I do this. The people who count, including myself, will respect me when I am true to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life's Promises

Life doesn't promise us anything, except a chance. We have a chance to live any way we like. No matter how we choose to live, we'll have pain and we'll have joy. And we can learn from both.
Because of our recovery program, we can have life's biggest wonder---love. We share it in a smile, a touch, a phone call, or a note. We share it with our friends, our partners, our family. Life didn't promise to be wonderful, but it sure is full of little wonders! And we only have to open up and see them, feel them, and let them happen.

~ Simon Tyler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"All of us, at certain moments of our lives, need to take advice and to receive help from other people." ~ Alexis Carrel
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: