View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 02:45 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 8

You can’t be a good egg all your life—you either have to hatch or go bad.

~Fr. Ralph Pfau

We must all take our turn at being followers until we’re ready to lead. So, until that time, we follow by listening to others, doing as they do, leaning on their wisdom and experience.

Then the time comes for us to assume leadership. This is the point when we have heard most of what the others have to say and received most of what the group has to give. By applying those principles and practices in our daily lives, we have become ready to take on a different role.

There will always be people who are just becoming aware of themselves as adult children. They will come to meetings hesitantly and be looking to us for comfort, direction, challenge, and wisdom. They give us our chance to share the gifts we’ve received. The quality of the leadership we have to offer is entirely dependent on our willingness and ability to take responsibility when the time comes.

Today, I will assess my progress in the program. I will not lose any opportunity to share what I have learned.

Today's reading is from the book Days of Healing, Days of Joy, Daily Meditations for Adult Children
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote