View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 03:28 AM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

A Living Program

Every day I do the 1, 2, 3 Waltz, but in order to live in today I need to apply Step Ten.

I was asked one time, "Do you work the Steps into your life?" My response was, "Yes, some days all Twelve."

One day I met someone I hadn't seen for a while. When we shared, we agreed, that we don't work the Steps in today, we live them. I don't go around and pull a Step out of my pocket, or draw it out of my coat sleeve, or take it off the shelf, to day through practicing them, they are just there. They are a way of life.

There are days when I live them to the standard I would like to, or measure up to what I feel would be an acceptable way of dealing with a matter, yet I have not failed, because I have tried. That is all I am asked to do! Try to the best of my ability to be the best 'me' that I can be today, nothing more, nothing less.

This made me think about where I am at in today as a result of the decision to move from a place that I have been in for four years. I am dreading the move and yet I have never felt so excited and so enthused about something in a long time.

The Step One discussion has been good for me, because I have had to surrender and turn everything over to my Higher Power and let things unfold as they should.

As I write this I need to focus on Step Eleven to make sure that I am hearing His will not mine. I need to make sure I am doing this in a way that is good for both me and my friend. Boundaries have to be set, thoughts of each other need to be nurtured, and the ability to be willing to compromise and meet each other half way on all the issues of moving in and sharing your space with someone else.

A look at the glaring defects that may get in the way such as the wanting things my way and for my comfort and well being. I hope to get rid of some old habits and ways along with the extra clothes and stuff that I have accumulated over the last few years.

This post reminds me that I need to work the Steps in all my affairs. It isn't about drinking and drugging today. It is about my thinking and my living in today.

What Step are you working on today?

Written and posted in 2005, and yet the same thoughts apply in today. The Steps are applicable to all areas of my life.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote