View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 05:42 AM   #21
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 21

Prayer For A Clear Mind

Lord, I desire to be clear-minded in a time when deceit and deception floods into our minds from so many quarters. Lord, I do not want to be swept into the world’s way of thinking, and pray that You would give me increasing and ongoing clarity of thought in my home and in the general activities of life as well as my special times of devotion, payer and fellowship meetings.

Open the eyes of my understanding, I pray, and give me real wisdom. Help me not to fall into a spiritual slumber but rather to remain alert and watchful for the truth.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

In A.A. we're all through with lying, hangovers, remorse, and wasting money.

When we were drinking, we were only half alive. Now that we're trying to live decent, honest, unselfish lives, we're really alive. Life has a new meaning for us, so that we can really enjoy it. We feel that we're of some use in the world. We're on the right side of the fence, instead of on the wrong side. We can look the world in the face instead of hiding in alleys. We come into A.A. to get sober and if we stay long enough, we learn a new way of living.

So ............

Am I convinced that no matter how much fun I thought, I got out of drinking, that life never was as good as the life I can build in A.A.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

New Beginnings

Resentments are the blocks that hold us back from loving others and ourselves. Resentments do not punish the other person; they punish us. They become barriers to feeling good and enjoying life. They prevent us from being in harmony with the world. Resentments are hardened chunks of anger. They loosen up and dissolve with forgiveness and letting go.

Letting go of resentments does not mean we allow the other person to do anything to us that he or she wants. It means we accept what happened in the past, and we set boundaries for the future. We can let go of resentments and still have boundaries.

We try to see the good in the person or the good that ultimately evolved from whatever incident we feel resentful about. We try to see our part in it, too. Then we put the incident to rest.

Praying for those we resent helps. Asking God to take our resentments from us helps too. Asking my God to take any resentment that is hidden within me, and blocking me, to the surface. Show me what I need to do to take care of my self by letting go of resentments, and then help me do that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Change

I tried to change the time and place and amount of my drinking. I tried to change my environment, my place of living -- like most of us who at one time or another think that our trouble is geography rather than whiskey. I even entertained the idea of changing wives. I tried to change everything and everybody, except myself -- the only thing I could change.

Experience, Strength and Hope Page 153

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"You can keep things in perspective by realizing that not much in life is as urgent as others would like you to believe. Lord, help me to know and stay focused on that which is really important to me." ~ M. Robin Sharma
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: