Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - May (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30658)

bluidkiti 05-01-2023 07:08 AM

Bible Verses - May

May 1

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6

Luke 8:4-8a – While a large crowd was gathering and people were coming to Jesus from town after town, he told this parable: "A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path; it was trampled on, and the birds of the air ate it up. Some fell on rock, and when it came up, the plants withered because they had no moisture. Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up with it and choked the plants. Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown."

Philippians 4:19 – And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 1:6 – Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise. — Proverbs 10:19

Romans 5:1-2 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.

Titus 3:3-8 3 At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. 8 This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.

bluidkiti 05-02-2023 06:43 AM

May 2

Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. John 13:14

Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God."

John 8:12 – Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Deuteronomy 28:7-9 The Lord will grant that the enemies who rise up against you will be defeated before you. They will come at you from one direction but flee from you in seven. The Lord will send a blessing on your barns and on everything you put your hand to. The Lord your God will bless you in the land he is giving you. The Lord will establish you as his holy people, as he promised you on oath, if you keep the commands of the Lord your God and walk in obedience to him.

Psalms 71:1-9 1 In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion. 2 Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline thine ear unto me, and save me. 3 Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress. 4 Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man. 5 For thou art my hope, O Lord God: thou art my trust from my youth. 6 By thee have I been holden up from the womb: thou art he that took me out of my mother's bowels: my praise shall be continually of thee. 7 I am as a wonder unto many; but thou art my strong refuge. 8 Let my mouth be filled with thy praise and with thy honour all the day. 9 Cast me not off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength faileth.

bluidkiti 05-03-2023 07:09 AM

May 3

1 Peter 5:7 – Cast all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you.

"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and mammon." Matthew 6:24

Joshua 22:5 NIV "Be very careful to keep the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the LORD gave you: to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to obey his commands, to hold fast to him and to serve him with all your heart and all your soul."

1 John 5:14-15 “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.”

bluidkiti 05-04-2023 06:33 AM

May 4

Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. Psalm 51:1-2

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything" (James 1:2-4).

Romans 15:13 – Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

2 Peter 3:9 – The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Romans 12:12 “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”

bluidkiti 05-05-2023 07:08 AM

May 5

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:21

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)

2 Chronicles 7:14 “if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”

I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. 1 Timothy 2:1

bluidkiti 05-06-2023 07:01 AM

May 6

For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them. Matthew 18:20

1 Peter 5:8 – Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.

Ezekiel 18:31-32 – Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit… Repent and live!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all you ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, my brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue, and if there is anything praiseworthy - think on these things.” (Philippians 4:6-8)?

Romans 12:2 “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”

1 Corinthians 12:4-11 4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work. 7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

As for me, I look to the LORD for help. I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me. Micah 7:7

bluidkiti 05-07-2023 07:53 AM

May 7

"I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies." Psalms 18:3

Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act. Proverbs 3:27

Philippians 4:8b – Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

1 John 2:2 – He [Jesus] is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Isaiah 12:2b – The Lord himself is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.

James 5:16 “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.”

bluidkiti 05-08-2023 06:54 AM

May 8

John 8:36 36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent. Luke 15:7

Psalm 103:2-3 – Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits — who forgives all our sins and heals all our diseases.

2 Chronicles 15:2b – The Lord is with you when you are with him. If you seek him, he will be found by you.

Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife. — Proverbs 17:1

1 Peter 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

Psalm 33:4 4 For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”

bluidkiti 05-09-2023 06:29 AM

May 9

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

"It is by grace you have been saved, through faith" (Ephesians 2:8).

Psalm 108:3 – I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples.

Ephesians 3:16 – From his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit.

bluidkiti 05-10-2023 05:42 AM

May 10

Good and upright is the LORD; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways. He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way. Psalm 25:8-9

Psalm 126:3 – The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

1 Peter 3:8 NIV Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.

Micah 7:18-19 18 Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. 19 You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.

bluidkiti 05-11-2023 06:40 AM

May 11

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 1 Corinthians 13:1

2 Timothy 3:16-17 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Ephesians 6:4 NIV Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.

Proverbs 31:10 10 A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.

bluidkiti 05-12-2023 06:10 AM

May 12

Matthew 24:35 35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

"Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice, and hold fast to Him." (Deuteronomy 30:20 NIV)

Proverbs 21:29 – A wicked man puts up a bold front, but an upright man gives thought to his ways.

Isaiah 60:1 – Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you.

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also" (Matt 6:21 NKJV).

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city. — Proverbs 16:32

2 Corinthians 9:8 8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

Ephesians 4:32 “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. Romans 8:38

bluidkiti 05-13-2023 07:00 AM

May 13

1 Corinthians 10:31 – So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Joshua 1:9b – For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Matthew 5:14a,16 – You are the light of the world. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

2 Corinthians 12:9 – My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.

“Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary” (Galatians 6:9).?

bluidkiti 05-14-2023 07:07 AM

May 14

2 Corinthians 3:17-19 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Luke 12:22b-23

Psalm 141:3 – Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips.

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. — Proverbs 16:24

Psalms 143:10 10 Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.

If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9

bluidkiti 05-15-2023 06:46 AM

May 15

Romans 12:14-18 14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not. 15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep. 16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits. 17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. 18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Psalm 119:172 – Let my tongue sing about your word, for all your commands are right.

Psalm 141:4 – Let not my heart be drawn to what is evil, to take part in wicked deeds with men who are evildoers; let me not eat of their delicacies.

Psalm 118:24 – This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Psalm 32:10 Many are the woes of the wicked, but the LORD's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him.