Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - May (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11090)

bluidkiti 05-10-2017 08:57 AM

May 10

Numbers 6:24-26 “‘“The Lord bless you and keep you; 25 the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; 26 the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”’

"For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations." Psalms 100:5

Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker. Psalm 95:6

Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere. - Ephesians 6:18

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. —2 Peter 3:9

"For in thee, O LORD, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God." Psalms 38:15

dwmoeller 05-10-2017 03:14 PM

If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord" and believe in your heart that God raised Him for the dead, you will be saved. - Romans 10:9

Thought: Jesus is the object of my affection.

bluidkiti 05-11-2017 08:28 AM

May 11

Ephesians 4:2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

"And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him." 1 John 4:16

Isaiah 40:29 (NIV) He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

Thought: God knows. He's there for you. Take hold of His mighty hands and His outstretched arms.

For the glory of your name, O Lord, preserve my life. Because of your faithfulness, bring me out of this distress. - Psalm 143:11

Jesus Christ gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good. Titus 2:14

"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you..." —Luke 6:27

2 Corinthians 9:8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

dwmoeller 05-11-2017 08:34 AM

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. - 1 Corinthians 10:24

Thought: Make someone else's life a little happier today!

bluidkiti 05-12-2017 07:35 AM

May 12

Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. Matthew 5:9

Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.” John 14:23

Isaiah 40:28 (NIV) Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.

Thought: God can handle whatever you've got on your plate.

He will listen to the prayers of the destitute. He will not reject their pleas. - Psalm 102:17

The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Galatians 5:14

Psalm 145:1-7
I will exalt you, my God the King;
I will praise your name for ever and ever.
Every day I will praise you
and extol your name for ever and ever.

Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise;
his greatness no one can fathom.
One generation commends your works to another;
they tell of your mighty acts.
They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty—
and I will meditate on your wonderful works.
They tell of the power of your awesome works—
and I will proclaim your great deeds.
They celebrate your abundant goodness
and joyfully sing of your righteousness.

Job 33:4 The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

dwmoeller 05-12-2017 11:09 AM

A wise man's heart guides his mouth, and his lips promote instruction. - Proverbs 16:21

Thought: Think of Christ before you speak.

bluidkiti 05-12-2017 02:20 PM

May 13

Proverbs 11:25 A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.

Jeremiah 30:10 (NIV) "So do not fear..."

Thought: God's right there, right with you.

Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. - James 1:19

Today’s Scripture: Psalms 3:3-5 (NLT): But you, O Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, and the one who lifts my head high. I cried out to the Lord, and he answered me from his holy mountain. Interlude I lay down and slept. I woke up in safety, for the Lord was watching over me.

Today’s Thought: Isn’t it comforting to know that God will never leave us or forsake us no matter what? Whatever you are going through today, remember, God knows all about it and He will take care of you!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for promising to always take care of me! I put my trust in You & You alone. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Isaiah 30:20-21 — Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

When you are plagued by a persistent problem — one that goes on and on — view it as a rich opportunity. An ongoing problem is like a tutor who is always by your side. The learning possibilities are limited only by your willingness to be teachable. In faith, thank God for your problem. Ask him to open your eyes and your heart to all that he is accomplishing through this difficulty. Once you have become grateful for a problem, it loses its power to drag you down. On the contrary, your thankful attitude will lift you up into heavenly places with God. From this perspective, your difficulty can be seen as a slight, temporary distress that is producing in you a transcendant glory to never cease (2 Corinthians 4:17).

Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

Psalms 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

Matthew 6:19-21 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Psalm 143:10 Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.

bluidkiti 05-14-2017 07:33 AM

May 14

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. Isaiah 40:28

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

"For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee." Isaiah 41:13

Proverbs 31:25, KJV "Strength and honor are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come."

Colossians 1:11, ESV "May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy,"

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Romans 5:1-2, NIV

Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all. – Proverbs 31:28-29

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

bluidkiti 05-15-2017 09:05 AM

May 15

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalms 119:105

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 1 Peter 5:6

Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Psalm 100:3

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. – Psalm 139:13-14

bluidkiti 05-16-2017 07:41 AM

May 16

1 Corinthians 16:13-14 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.

"And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:" 1 John 5:14

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Psalm 37:7

1 Corinthians 10:31b, ESV "…whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."

Proverbs 2:20 (NIV) Thus you will walk in the ways of good men and keep to the paths of the righteous.

Thought: Be that friend. Set the good, Godly example that others need.

But Lord, be merciful to us, for we have waited for you. Be our strong arm each day and our salvation in times of trouble. - Isaiah 33:2

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. James 1:22

My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity. —Proverbs 3:1-2

dwmoeller 05-16-2017 08:48 AM

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. - Psalm 71:14

Thought: Never-ending hope means ever-increasing praise.

bluidkiti 05-17-2017 02:53 AM

May 17

"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." Revelation 4:11

Psalm 119:37 (GW) Turn my eyes away from worthless things. Give me a new life in Your ways.

The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. – Psalm 19:7

bluidkiti 05-18-2017 07:31 AM

May 18

Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again - my Savior and my God! - Psalm 42:11

For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. Romans 12:3-5

…He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cry. When He hears you, He will answer. Isaiah 30:19b

"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God." 1 John 4:7

Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Romans 12:10

Psalm 103:1-2, NLT "Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me."

Psalm 119:37 (TLB) Turn me away from wanting any other plan than Yours. Revive my heart toward you.

Thought: God wants us to wake up to the life He has for us.

For he will conceal me there when troubles come; he will hide me in his sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock. - Psalm 27:5

And the words of the Lord are flawless, like silver purified in a crucible, like gold refined seven times. – Psalm 12:6

Happy is the one who endures testing, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life. James 1:12

If the LORD had not been on our side when men attacked us, when their anger flared against us, they would have swallowed us alive; the flood would have engulfed us, the torrent would have swept over us, the raging waters would have swept us away. Psalm 124:2-5

...I know that through your prayers and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. —Philippians 1:19

bluidkiti 05-19-2017 07:48 AM

May 19

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

2 Corinthians 3:18b, TLB "And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like him."

I love you, Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalm 18:1-2, NIV

As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend. - Proverbs 27:17

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God." Mark 10:27

Psalm 119:105 — Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. —1 Peter 5:6-7

The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and the one who is wise saves lives. – Proverbs 11:30

bluidkiti 05-20-2017 10:34 AM

May 20

Ephesians 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God —

"I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee." Isaiah 44:22

Hearing this, Jesus said to Jairus, “Don’t be afraid; just believe, and she will be healed.” Luke 8:50

Ephesians 6:10-11, ESV "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil."

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Today’s Scripture: Psalms 144:2 (NLT): He is my loving ally and my fortress, my tower of safety, my deliverer. He stands before me as a shield, and I take refuge in him. He subdues the nations under me.

Today’s Thought: God is our rock. He is our healer, deliverer, our help in time of need and our friend (just to name a few attributes). You can trust Him. He will never leave you!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me learn to trust You in every area of my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!