Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - August (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31429)

bluidkiti 08-01-2023 07:25 AM

Bible Verses - August

August 1

Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers. Galatians 6:10

John 1:12-13 – To all who received him, to those who believe in his name, he gave the right to become children of God — children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Philippians 4:4 – Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again – rejoice!

Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! — Isaiah 30:18

Psalm 105:4 Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.

bluidkiti 08-02-2023 06:34 AM

August 2

Ephesians 1:4-6 4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5 he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.

Isaiah 58:11a ‘The LORD will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame.’

Colossians 3:23-24 23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

Philippians 4:9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me -- put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

bluidkiti 08-03-2023 07:20 AM

August 3

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14

1 Corinthians 13:7-8a,13 – Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Deuteronomy 28:8 8 The Lord will send a blessing on your barns and on everything you put your hand to. The Lord your God will bless you in the land he is giving you.

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14

Psalm 119:2 Blessed are they who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart.

bluidkiti 08-04-2023 06:26 AM

August 4

Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God. 1 John 5:5

John 7:37-38 – On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture said, streams of living water will flow from within him."

"The decrees of the Lord are firm, and all of them are righteous. They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the honeycomb." Psalm 19:10

He is my mighty rock, my refuge. Psalm 62:7

James 3:9-10 With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be.

Search for the LORD and for His strength; continually seek Him. Psalms 105:4

bluidkiti 08-05-2023 08:23 AM

August 5

Thessalonians 5:16-19 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 19 Do not quench the Spirit.

“Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night.” - Psalms 1:1-2

I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth. Job 19:25

Lamentations 3:22-23 – The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

Hebrews 4:16 – Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the world." Matthew 28:20

Romans 5:8 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

bluidkiti 08-06-2023 06:34 AM

August 6

Psalm 18:30-33 30 As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him. 31
For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? 32 It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure. 33 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights.

Matthew 6:19-21 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Ephesians 1:7 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace.

My heart has heard You say, “Come and talk with Me.” And my heart responds, “LORD, I am coming.” Psalms 27:8

bluidkiti 08-07-2023 07:39 AM

August 7

MARK 13:31 NKJ 31 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away."

ISAIAH 40:8 NKJ 8 "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever."

“Show me Your ways, O Lord; Teach me Your paths.” Psalm 25:4

Psalm 119:114 – You are my refuge and my shield; your word is my source of hope.

Psalm 62:1 My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.

Mark 11:25 25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.

bluidkiti 08-08-2023 06:13 AM

August 8

By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth. Psalm 33:6

"For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." (2 Corinthians 5:21

"...Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” (Matthew 17:20b)

Psalms 103:12 12 as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

Isaiah 33:22 “For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; it is he who will save us.”

bluidkiti 08-09-2023 06:29 AM

August 9

2 Samuel 22:33 – God is my strength and power, and He makes my way perfect.

“He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” (Micah 6:8)

“Be still and know that I am God.” (Psalm 46:10)

“…make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.” (1 Thessalonians 4:11-12)

“Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.” (Philippians 4:5)

"But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 15:57)

Matthew 5:6 "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."

Romans 10:9-10 9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

bluidkiti 08-10-2023 06:51 AM

August 10

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6

For this is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another. 1 John 3:11

Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. — Matthew 6:19-21

bluidkiti 08-11-2023 07:09 AM

August 11

Isaiah 30:18 18 Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!

Matthew 11:28-30 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

John 3:16 “For God so loves the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in shall not perish but have eternal life.”

“With God’s power working in us, God can do much, much more than anything we can ask or imagine.” Ephesians 3:20

Jeremiah 29:11-13 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

1 Peter 3:8-9 8 Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble. 9 Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.

Hebrews 11:1 – Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

bluidkiti 08-12-2023 05:46 AM

August 12

God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. Matthew 6:14

Ephesians 1:11 – Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for he chose us in advance, and he makes everything work out according to his plan.

Matthew 7:12 – So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Psalm 48:14 – For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end.

Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”

Philippians 3:13-14. “But this one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”

But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. — 1 Peter 3:15

1 Corinthians 15:57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

But from there you will search again for the LORD your God. And if you search for Him with all your heart and soul, you will find Him. Deuteronomy 4:29

bluidkiti 08-13-2023 07:55 AM

August 13

The word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. Psalm 33:4

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. Ephesians 1:17

Galatians 5:14 – For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Mark 10:13-14 – People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

Habakkuk 3:17-18 17 Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, 18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.

Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear My voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. Revelation 3:20

bluidkiti 08-14-2023 06:55 AM

August 14

Before a word is on my tongue you, LORD, know it completely. Psalm 139:4

Philippians 4:8 – Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

Psalm 37:23-24 23 The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; 24 though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.

Isaiah 33:2 2 LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.

Ephesians 2:10 “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”

bluidkiti 08-15-2023 07:09 AM

August 15

James 1:33-24 22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.

Isaiah 30:18 18 Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!

“Come unto me all who are weary and burdened, I shall give you rest.” Matthew: 11:28

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. John 3:17

2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 16 May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, 17 encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.