Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Inspirations, Poetry, Quotes, Thoughts, Etc (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Pause For Thought (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337)

MajestyJo 08-12-2013 05:51 PM

Pause For Thought

Sometimes in life, you find a special friend;
Someone who changes your life
just by being part of it.
Someone who makes you laugh
until you can't stop;
Someone who makes you believe
that there really is good in the world.
Someone who convinces you that there
really is an unlocked door just waiting
for you to open it.

This is Forever Friendship.
This is the sacred RED ROSE.

http://www.angelwinks.net/images/flower12R.jpg

MajestyJo 08-12-2013 05:52 PM

The Serenity Prayer Broken Down (a bit differently)

GOD ....
With the saying of this word I am admitting the existence of a Higher Power; a being far greater than I.

GRANT...
With the repeating of this second word I am admitting that this Higher Power is an authority who can bestow and give.

ME....
I am asking something for myself. The Bible states that if I ask, I shall be given. It is not wrong to ask for betterment of myself for with the inprovement of my character, people around me will be made happier.

SERENITY..
I am asking for calmness, composure, and peace in a life which will enable me to think straight and govern myself properly.

TO ACCEPT..
I am resigning myself to conditions as they are right now.

THE THINGS I CANNOT CHANGE..
I am accepting my lot in life as it is. Until I have the courage to change any part of my life I don't like, I must accept it and not accept it grudgingly.

COURAGE...
I am asking for conditions to be different.

TO CHANGE...
I am asking for a quality of spirit to face conditions without flinching.

THE THINGS I CAN..
I am asking for help to make the right decisions. Everything is not perfect in my life. I must continue to face reality and constantly work towards continued growth and progress.

WISDOM..
I am asking for the ability to form sound judgments in any and all matters.

TO KNOW..
I want to be able to understand clearly, truths of facts.

the DIFFERENCE...
I want to see things differently in my life so there can be some distinction. I need to sense a definite value in love over selfishness.

~ anonymous

MajestyJo 08-12-2013 05:52 PM

The Spirit-filled home

"How do you remember your childhood home? Was it a loving and welcoming place? Maybe there were evidences of kindness and generosity-fresh homemade cookies, a dollhouse or model planes you and your dad built together, a warm welcome always waiting for you, an old couch to be shared with brothers and sisters.

Perhaps you don't have such wonderful childhood memories. Not everyone does. Homes can be places of cruelty as well-places full of criticism and humiliation, places characterized by conflict, jealousy, and pain. Loving homes don't just magically appear. They are the result of a husband and wife's commitment to letting God's Spirit control their lives. When you follow the Spirit's leading, God produces kindness, goodness, patience, and love in your lives. Then the home a marriage creates can become a light to the neighborhood, a place where friends and neighbors can experience genuine love and acceptance. If you are married, what type of home do you want your marriage to create? Ask God today to plant the seeds of loving kindness in your life, your marriage, and your home.

MajestyJo 08-12-2013 05:54 PM

"Having trouble, Piglet?"

"The lid on this jar is stuck," gasped Piglet.

"Yes, it...is, isn't it. Here, Pooh, you open it."

(Pop.)

"Thanks, Pooh,"said Piglet.

"Nothing, really," said Pooh.

"How did you get that lid off?" asked Tigger.

"It's easy," said Pooh. "You just twist on it like this, until you can't twist any harder. Then you take a deep breath and, as you let it out, twist. That's all."

"Let me try that!" yelled Tigger, bouncing into the kitchen. "Where's that new jar of pickles? Ah, here it is."

"Tigger," began Piglet nervously, "I don't think you'd better - "
"Nothing to it. Just twist and - "

CRASH!

"All right, Tigger," I said. "Get those pickles off the floor."
"Slipped out of my paw," explained Tigger.

"He tried too hard," said Pooh.

"Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit's clever."

"And he has a Brain."

"Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit has a Brain."

"I suppose," said Pooh, "that that's why he never understands anything."

"Ouch!" said Pooh, landing on the floor.

"That's what happens when you go to sleep on the edge of the writing table," I said. "You fall off."

"Just as well," said Pooh.

"Why's that?" I asked.

"I was having an awful dream," he said.

"Oh?"

"Yes, I'd found a jar of honey....," he said, rubbing his eyes.
"What's awful about that?" I asked.

"It kept moving," said Pooh. "they're supposed to sit still."

"Yes, I know"

"But whenever I reached for it, this jar of honey would sort of go someplace else."

"A nightmare," I said.

"Lot's of people have dreams like that," I added reassuringly.
"Oh," said Pooh. "About Unreachable jars of honey?"

"About the same sort of thing," I said. "That's not unusual. The odd thing , though, is that some people live like that."

"Why?" asked Pooh.

"I don't know," I said. "I suppose because it gives them Something to Do."

"It doesn't sound like much fun to me," said Pooh.

No it doesn't. A way of life that keeps saying, "Around the next corner, above the next step," works against the natural order
of things and makes it so difficult to be happy and good that only a few get to where they would naturally have been in the first place -Happy and Good- and the rest give up and fall by the side of the road, cursing the world, which is not to blame but which is there to help show the way.

Those who think that the rewarding things in life are somewhere beyond the rainbow----

"Burn their toast a lot," said Pooh.

~~~~~

Inspiration Plus

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Remain open.
There is something bigger than you know going on here."
-- Iyanla VanZant

MajestyJo 08-12-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

For me, it is about listening to that voice, those little messages, thoughts, and direction I get on a daily basis and how God works in my life.

Thursday night I went to the Women's Group because I felt I really needed a meeting after having a using dream. I not only dreamt about alcohol but other addictions and defects of character such as men, food, anger, resentments and looking for attention.

At the end of the meeting, the women all join hands and say The Promises and they give out Hope Stones which vary in shapes, sizes and colours. There is nothing more powerful that joining together in that circle. I saw a shape and said to the lady beside me, "that has my name on it and picked it up to find that it was an empty snail shell. I love earth tones and that attracted me to it. I looked up snails on the inter net and found that they were good for skin problems. I have cirrhosis, and a skin disorder that I don't know the correct spelling of - it is when your skin is dry and turns red.

On Friday when I went to the market, I got the thought to buy squash. It isn't one of my favorite vegetables but decided to night to add maple syrup and butter to it when I mashed it. After dinner, I looked up the booklet from Shaman Wisdom Cards and it reads as follows:

Quote:

I am Squash. I am Gourd. I grow well unattended. Let things be. Do not try to control situations or events. My vines spread out to encompass all. I help you create your abundance through my diversity. I am the Sustenance of your life. Combined with Beans and Corn, we are the life force.

Nothing like a subliminal message to someone who has control issues.
Definitely a spiritual cast iron frying pan.

Many times I get thoughts and discount them, only to find that I should have listened to them. Take something out for supper and I allow mysefl to get interrupted and don't take action on the thought. When supper time comes, nothing taken out for dinner. Often when playing bridge, I get a thought and don't follow through only to find that it was the only way to make a contract.

Get the thought of someone, say a little prayer for them, and often I get a call from them or meet them on the street or at a meeting. The light will change and go red so I will walk in a new direction instead of waiting for the light to change, and often I will meet someone or as my friend says, perhaps it was to avoid something or someone I wasn't suppose to meet.

Thanks for letting me share.

From my site JoAnne's Sacred Space

Those signals where coming through today, they always do, when I start my day with the Step Three Prayer and Seventh Prayer.

It always give me the warm fuzzies, when I see an old post, and seeing it at work in my life today.

MajestyJo 08-12-2013 06:06 PM

We can act ourselves into right thinking easier than we can think ourselves into right acting.

~Anonymous~

The best thing for us to do in our 12 Step Program is to be honest in how we act and think. We must be true to that belief.

We can't think for others, and they can't think for us. Friends can tell us the lessons they have learned from their experiences. If those lessons fit us, we can use them to help guide us and our thinking. We often hear, "Take what you need and leave the rest."

As good for us as our ideas are, we must not force them on others. We can only offer them. And we won't be true to ourselves if we are jealous of other people's ideas. We never know what we can do until we try, and we can't be sure what ideas are best for us until we test them.

Am I dedicated to the beliefs that are best for me in my recovery?

You are reading from the book:

Easy Does It by Anonymous

It was so important for me to learn that all I could do was share my experience, strength, and hope. That what was good for me, might help someone and it might not help others. What works for one person, may not work for another, or it may work in part. Just because someone is in recovery, doesn't mean there word is law and truth. It is their truth. It is their ESH, but you need to find what is your ESH and what works for you.

MajestyJo 08-12-2013 06:10 PM

A friend asked me to bring up the topic of substitution.

How often we substitute other (people, places and things) for our drug of choice. This can materialize in many forms but it all leads to the same soul sickness.

I was told that anything that came between me and the kind of person God wants me to be and becomes an obsessive, compulsive action in my life and it becomes the 'god' of my life

Sobriety for me means soundness of mind. Anything that takes me out of that state puts me at risk, and I may pick up. I can be clean and sober and not have sobriety.

It has materialized in many forms for me:

1) My bed (hiding from reality and life as a whole

2) Food - stuffing feelings I don't want to deal with or I have allowed myself to become empty and I am looking for something outside of myself to 'fill' me up.

3) Work - redirecting my energies so I don't have to stop and look at myself. An outlet for the emotions I don't want to acknowledge and takes away from time I need to work on my recovery.

4)My compuer - this is a biggy for me. Even though a lot of the work I do on the computer is recovery it is generally to help others, and often I am copy typing, or reading other people's material, and even if I can identify, I need time to process that material. If I don't take that time, then it doesn't do me any good if I don't apply it to my life. I don't like to admit it, but a couple of times I have had friends say to me, "Practice what you preach!" Apply what you know to yourself! Take time for you, this is a living program. All I have is today. Am I living or am I back existing?

5) People, a biggy for me who has been Ms. Caretaker for many years. It is always so much easier to focus and help someone else rather than look at myself. There is also that old "If you don't love me, then I will find someone else who does" Syndrome, along with that "What's good for the goose is good for the gander" Solution which generally hurts everyone.

6) Things like chocolate (sweets are good when you first come into recovery and the cure becomes a curse), pills (depression and nervous disorders which are common to detoxing becomes treated with the "almighty" pill and becomes like "dried-up" alcohol to our system, meetings (go to 90 meetings in 90 days - then what do you do? Stop? I don't think so! Yet they can be a dependency too, and you don't want to leave the safe stronghold and step out into the real world.

Maybe that is why this is called a "One Day At A Time" program. We have to live it, each moment, each hour of the day.

Maybe you have some substitutions you would like to share? We can't know what we haven't been taught or experienced!

MajestyJo 08-12-2013 06:14 PM

GOD'S HOTEL

http://angelwinks.net/images/nostalg...algicpod76.jpg

I checked you in again last night, my child,

Because it hurt me so bad to see you out there running wild.

All tired and sucked up you appeared to me

But put a mirror in front of you, and you can't even see;

That you are a number among the walking dead,

Sores all over your body, confusion in your head.

Jail is not the place you want to be

But it's my hotel, where I can work on thee you see.

You weren't just arrested, you were rescued from yourself.

I had to bring you back here, to put your habit on the shelf.

Give you some rest, some food, and some talk

Encourage you and love you, before I let you walk.

Don't be like a mule that's led around by a bit,

Just listen to your warnings, and I can help you quit.

This could be the last time you have to come into this place,

Just listen to me the Creator Of All with tears upon my face...

Original Source Unknown - posted on FB's Addict's Mom

MajestyJo 08-12-2013 11:56 PM

The Book of Rememberance

"The Book of Remembrance is written in God's Presence for those who Love the Lord and who meditate on The Name". (Malachi 3:16)

"Ho! Everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat." (Isaiah 55:1)

aspire.com

Quote:
Hello Friends of Reiki,

The entire contents of the Book of Remembrance (over 300 pages) is now printed on our website for everyone to read.

http://www.AscensionReiki.com

We share the information in this Reiki Manual freely as a
service to the Reiki Community and all of humanity.

The purpose of this book and website is to bring about an awareness that there is a great outpouring of the Spirit of Love on this Earth and that it is all around us.

In Love and Light,
Jayson

Received with thanks from my friend Lordès
Spiritual Vibrational Paintings

Spiritual Alternative Healing and Counselling for the body, mind and soul.

From The Five As

MajestyJo 08-12-2013 11:58 PM

Tip of the Day for March 08, 2004 from the Five As

Still sounds usable in March 25, 2013

Nothing soothes like a hot rice pack on the back of your neck or
wherever aches you most. The simplest way to create one is with an intact tube sock or pillow case. Just pour in several cups of dry, raw rice--any rice except instant rice works fine. Tie the sock or pillow case closed with a good knot.

Toss your sack in the microwave for about two minutes or so, until it reaches the perfect hot temperature to relax any muscle spasm.

Heating time depends on the size of your sack and the strength of
your microwave. When it begins to cool, place it directly on your
clothes or skin. Rice sacks heat up more intensely than electric
heating pads and are much safer. Their flexible consistency is
particularly soothing.

(Source: "Ten Tips on Living with Fibromyalgia Syndrome" by Deborah A. Barrett, Ph.D.
www.paintracking.com.) This tip provided courtesy of
ImmuneSupport.com

MajestyJo 08-13-2013 12:06 AM

Exercise: A Healthy Habit to Start and Keep

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/avatars-...jects/0047.gifhttp://www.animated-gifs.eu/avatars-...jects/0031.gif

How much exercise do I need?
Talk to your doctor about how much exercise is right for you. A good goal for many people is to work up to exercising 4 to 6 times a week for 30 to 60 minutes at a time. Remember, though, that exercise has so many benefits that any amount is better than none.

How do I get started?

Sneak exercise into your day

a.. Take the stairs instead of the elevator.

b.. Go for a walk during your coffee break or lunch.

c.. Walk all or part of the way to work.

d.. Do housework at a fast pace.

e.. Rake leaves or do other yard work.

Start by talking with your doctor. This is especially important if you haven't been active, if you have any health problems, or if you're pregnant or elderly.

Start out slowly. If you've been inactive for years, you can't run the Boston Marathon after 2 weeks of training. Begin with a 10-minute period of light exercise or a brisk walk every day and gradually increase how hard you exercise and for how long.

How do I stick with it?

Here are some tips that will help you start and stick with an exercise program:

· Choose something you like to do. Make sure it suits you
physically, too. For instance, swimming is easier on arthritic joints.

· Get a partner. Exercising with someone else can make it more fun.

· Vary your routine. You may be less likely to get bored or injured if you change your routine. Walk one day. Bicycle the next. Consider activities like dancing and racquet sports, and even chores like chopping wood.

· Choose a comfortable time of day. Don't work out too soon after eating or when it's too hot or cold outside. Wait until later in the day if you're too stiff in the morning.

· Don't get discouraged. It can take weeks or months before you notice some of the changes from exercise.

· Forget "no pain, no gain." While a little soreness is
normal after you first start exercising, pain isn't. Stop if you hurt.

· Make exercise fun. Read, listen to music or watch TV while riding a stationary bicycle, for example. Find fun things to do, like taking a walk through the zoo. Go dancing. Learn how to play tennis.

Making exercise a habit

a.. Stick to a regular time every day.

b.. Sign a contract committing yourself to exercise.

c.. Put "exercise appointments" on your calendar.

d.. Keep a daily log or diary of your activities.

e.. Check your progress. Can you walk a certain distance
faster now than when you began? Or is your heart rate slower now?

f.. Ask your doctor to write a prescription for your exercise program, such as what type of exercise to do, how often to exercise and for how long.

g.. Think about joining a health club. The cost gives some people an incentive to exercise regularly.

How can I prevent injuries?

Start every workout with a warm-up. That will make your muscles and joints more flexible. Spend 5 to 10 minutes doing some light calisthenics and stretching exercises, and perhaps brisk walking. Do the same thing when you're done working out--until your heart rate returns to normal.

Pay attention to your body. Stop exercising if you feel very out of breath, dizzy, faint or nauseated, or have pain.

Benefits of regular exercise
a.. Reduces your risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, diabetes and obesity

b.. Keeps joints, tendons and ligaments flexible so it's
easier to move around

c.. Reduces some of the effects of aging

d.. Contributes to your mental well-being and helps treat
depression

e.. Helps relieve stress and anxiety

f.. Increases your energy and endurance

g.. Helps you sleep better

h.. Helps you maintain a normal weight by increasing your metabolism (the rate you burn calories).

What is a target heart rate?

Measuring your heart rate (beats per minute) can tell you how hard your heart is working. You can check your heart rate by counting your pulse for 15 seconds and multiplying the beats by 4.

The chart to the right shows the target heart rates for people of different ages. When you're just beginning an exercise program, shoot for the lower target heart rate (60%). As your fitness improves, you can exercise harder to get your heart rate closer to the top number
(85%).

What is aerobic exercise?
Aerobic exercise is the type that moves large muscle groups and causes you to breathe more deeply and your heart to work harder to pump blood.

It's also called cardiovascular exercise. It improves the health of your heart and lungs.

Examples include walking, jogging, running, aerobic dance, bicycling, rowing, swimming and cross-country skiing.

What is weight-bearing exercise?
The term weight-bearing is used to describe exercises that work against the force of gravity. Weight-bearing exercise is important for building strong bones. Having strong bones helps prevent osteoporosis and bone fractures later in life.

Examples of weight-bearing exercises include walking, jogging, hiking, climbing stairs, dancing and weight training.

What about weight training?
Weight training, or strength training, builds strength and muscles. Calisthenics like push-ups are weight-training exercises too. Lifting weights is a weight-training exercise. If you have high blood pressure or other health problems, talk to your family doctor before beginning weight training.

What is the best exercise?
The best exercise is the one that you will do. Walking is considered one of the best choices because it's easy, safe and cheap. Brisk walking can burn as many calories as running, but is less likely than running or jogging to cause injuries. And it doesn't require any training or special equipment, except for good shoes.

Walking is an aerobic and weight-bearing exercise, so it is good for your heart and helps prevent osteoporosis.

O M S H A N T I

Love, Samuel

Please include a link back to The Antesian Road To Enlightenment in forwarded material, Thank you.

EXPANDING CONSCIOUSNESS

I know what to do, I know what is best for me, but sometimes the intentions are there, the thought comes to mind, but for the most part, I allow fatigue and pain to intervene.

MajestyJo 08-13-2013 12:13 AM

The Year 1905

This will boggle your mind, I know it did mine!

The year is 1905, more than one hundred years ago. What a difference a century makes!

Here are some of the U.S. statistics for the Year 1905:

The average life expectancy in the U.S. was 47 years.

Only 14 percent of the homes in the U.S. had a bathtub.

Only 8 percent of the homes had a telephone.

A three-minute call from Denver to New York City cost eleven dollars.

There were only 8,000 cars in the U.S., and only 144 miles of paved roads.

The maximum speed limit in most cities was 10 mph.

Alabama, Mississippi, Iowa, and Tennessee! were each more heavily populated than California.

With a mere 1.4 million people, California was only the 21st most populous state in the Union.

The tallest structure in the world was the Eiffel Tower!

The average wage in the U.S. was 22 cents per hour.

The average U.S. worker made between $200 and $400 per year

A competent accountant could expect to earn $2000 per year,

a dentist $2,500 per year,

a veterinarian between $1,500 and $4,000 per year, and

a mechanical engineer about $5,000 per year.

More than 95 percent of all births in the U.S. took place at home.

Ninety percent of all U.S. doctors had no college education.

Instead, they attended so-called medical schools, many of which were condemned in the press and by the government as "substandard."

Sugar cost four cents a pound.

Eggs were fourteen cents a dozen.

Coffee was fifteen cents a pound.

Most women only washed their hair once a month, and used borax or egg yolks for shampoo.

Canada passed a law that prohibited poor people from entering into their country for any reason.

Five leading causes of death in the U.S. were:

1. Pneumonia and influenza
2. Tuberculosis
3. Diarrhea
4. Heart disease
5. Stroke

The American flag had 45 stars.

Arizona, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Hawaii, and Alaska hadn't been admitted to the Union yet.

The population of Las Vegas, Nevada, ! was only 30!!!

Crossword puzzles, canned beer, and ice tea hadn't been invented yet.

There was no Mother's Day or Father's Day.

Two out of every 10 U.S. adults couldn't read or write.

Only 6 percent of all Americans had graduated from high school.

Marijuana, heroin, and morphine were all available over the counter at the local corner drugstores.

Back then pharmacist said, "Heroin clears the complexion, gives buoyancy to the mind, regulates the stomach and bowels, and is, in fact, a perfect guardian of health."
(Shocking!)

Eighteen percent of households in the U.S. had at least one full-time servant or domestic help.

There were about 230 reported murders in the entire U.S.

Now I forwarded this from someone else without typing it myself, and sent it to you in a matter of seconds!

Try to imagine what it may be like in another 100 years.

Sometimes time seems to just mark time, other times it just disappears. If we don't live in today, we miss out on so much, before we know it, it is gone.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/avatars-...jects/0065.gifhttp://www.animated-gifs.eu/avatars-...jects/0066.gifhttp://www.animated-gifs.eu/avatars-...jects/0070.gif

MajestyJo 08-13-2013 12:47 PM

DON'T EVER...

Don't ever try to understand everything,
some things will just never make sense.

Don't ever be reluctant to show your feelings
when you're happy, give into it!
When you're not, live with it.

Don't ever be afraid to try
to make things better,
you might be surprised at the results.

Don't ever take the weight of the world
on your shoulders.

Don't ever feel threatened by the future,
take life one day at a time.

Don't ever feel guilty about the past,
what's done is done.
Learn from any mistakes you might have made.

Don't ever feel that you are alone,
there is always somebody there
for you to reach out to.

Don't ever forget that you can achieve
so many of the things you can imagine,
imagine that!
It's not as hard as it seems.

Don't ever stop loving,
Don't ever stop believing,
Don't ever stop dreaming your dreams.

- author unknown to me

MajestyJo 08-15-2013 08:27 PM

http://i546.photobucket.com/albums/h...ueNobility.png

MajestyJo 08-17-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

When You Need God The Most

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/insects-...flies/0307.gif

His strongest grace
is for your weakest moment;

His sweetest fellowship
is for your loneliest journey;

His richest supply
is for yur neediest hour;

His closest embrace
is for your deepest sorrow;

His brightest light
is for your darkest day.

-Unknown

MajestyJo 08-17-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Dads feel there is no problem breaking a promise of a fishing trip to a son or daughter when there is something more important -- like free tickets to a professional basketball game or a little extra work at the office.

After all, there are more weekends for fishing and
those tickets are a one time thing. (They never consider the effect broken promises have on the heart of a child.)

Employers are always promising more pay and less work when the reality is just the opposite. Store advertisements promise to have a certain product at a really good price -- the product "didn't come in on the last shipment -- and no we don't give rain checks on sale items."

Have you paid close attention to commercials lately? What do they sell? Looked at a flower catalogue? Have you ever received a package from them that looks like the product on the cover? You more than likely received a packet of dried up seeds or ugly roots. All of these are selling a promise. "Buy this and you will get that." Often the promises are unfulfilled.

Abram (later called Abraham) was offered a promise, "Go to a country I will show you in the future and I will
bless you." Sounds a lot like a telemarketer I talked
to the other day. The only difference was that I was
talking to a human with a slick line and Abram was
talking with the Almighty God. Evidently Abram had
dealings with God before. He trusted Him. Was the promise fulfilled? Certainly.

Has God made promises to you? Has he fulfilled them?
(Careful before you say "no". His promises are recorded
in Scripture. Any other promises you may claim He made -- personal prophecy -- are subject to human emotion and error.) God promises salvation. He delivers. God promises eternal life. He delivers. God promises answers to prayer. He delivers -- but not always the way we want Him to answer. Our God is faithful and true. Hallelujah, Amen.

From my friend Bette - Posted on Caressa's Spiritual Place

MajestyJo 08-18-2013 07:02 AM

The Love of a Dog

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-dogs-love/0034.gif

You are the human I love,

My love for you lives inside of me,

I feel no anger for you, no resentment,

no fatigue or weariness.

My love for you does not change, or wither.

I lean as close to your body as I can,

I drink in your smells, your feelings.

I think of you all the time,

when you are here, when you are not.

I go with you wherever you go,

in my heart, in your heart.

I will always lean my soul,

as close to you as I can get,

my love for you is without words,

for you, for me,

it us beyond your consciousness,

or understanding.

But my love for you is our language, our vows,

our bond, our reality, we don't need the words.

When humans fail you, or life empties your spirit,

My eyes see the wondrous truth,

of who you really are.

By author Jon Katz who has the wonderful red border collie that tens of thousands (at least) adore due to his blog.

Received with thanks from my friend Carey in Texas

MajestyJo 08-21-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

My parents told me about Mr. Common Sense early in my life and told me I would do well to call on him when making decisions. It seems he was always around in my early years but less and less as time passed by until today I read his obituary. Please join me in a moment of silence in remembrance. For Common Sense had served us all so well for so many generations.

Obituary

Common Sense

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was since his
birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing
when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn't always fair, and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound fina ncial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not children are in
charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens su spended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they themselves failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Aspirin, sun lotion or a sticky plaster to a student; but could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar can sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap , and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by three stepbrothers; I Know my Rights, Someone Else is to Blame, and I'm a Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.

Author unknown

Originally posted on my site Nature's Inspiration

Don't always have common sense when it comes to food. God and I are still working on this. It has been up and down, off and on, for too many years for my liking. One thing I did learn, stuffing was not good, moderation and quality and quantity, help to keep me eating healthy. Over indulgency, keeps me acting out in my disease.

MajestyJo 08-21-2013 10:33 AM

Quote: "Sometimes I think I'm going to die from the sadness. Not that anyone ever died from crying for two hours, but it sure feels like it."

As a survivor of child (sexual) abuse you have a lot to grieve for. You will grieve for the way you were hurt. You will grieve for not being protected, for the things you missed out on as a child. You will grieve for the time and money it takes to heal, for the relationships and happiness you have lost.

If you covered up your pain by pretending you had a happy childhood, you will have to grieve for the ideal family you didn't really have. You'll have to give up the idea that the abuser had your best interests at heart.

You may have to grieve for the fact that you don't have suitable grandparents for your children, or a family you can depend on.

You must also grieve for the shattered image of a world that is fair and safe for children. You will grieve for your lost innocence and ability to trust.

Quote: As a survivor of child 'sexual' abuse you have a lot to grieve for.

Buried grief

Buried grief poisons you. It limits your ability to feel joy or to be fully alive. An important part of healing is to express the grief you've carried inside.

When you were young, you had to hide your feelings. Now, to move on in your life, you need to go back and relive the experiences you had as a child. You have to feel the grief and anguish, but this time with the support of caring people. You might wonder how going back into the pain can help release you from it. But this is how healing from trauma works.

The way to move beyond grief is to experience your pain fully and honor your feelings. When you face your feelings, and they are met with caring and compassion, they change.

- A first book for Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse by Ellen Bass and Laura Davis

A lot of my pain was done by a psychic healer and by using Dyanetics written by L. Ron Hubbard.,which is a tool of The Church of Scientology. I don't believe in the church but I believe in the tool that is offered. It goes beyond Steps Ten, Eleven and Twelve and helps you to heal at a deeper level.

Some of the pain I revisited, but a lot of it was just a mass of pent up energy, that I needed to release and let go of in a healthy way. I didn't have to "live" in it, I could revisit but come back to the present and not stay there which is so important when healing this type of pain. That was then, this is now; but what happened back then, can affect me in today until I heal and let it go.

About Grief

You may feel foolish crying over events that happened so long ago. But grief stays stored up until you have a chance to express it.

Quote: The way to move beyond grief is to experience your pain fully and honor your feelings.

Grief has its own timing. You can't say, "This is it. I'm going to grieve now." You have to make room for grief as it arises. You need to give yourself the time and space to let go.

Quote: "I had been in therapy for several months and I began to feel safe. There were weeks when I entered the building, went up the stairs, and checked in, all with a smile on my face. Then I'd enter the office, and my therapist would close the door. Before she could even get to her chair, I'd be crying. Deep within me I help those feelings, waiting until I new there would be time and compassion."

However your grieve, allow yourself to release the feelings you've been holding inside. Grieving can be a grief relief.

Many times over the years, especially the last eleven years of recovery; I have sat in meditation after asking for what I needed to heal, and the ability to let go of what I didn't need, want or desire. I have sat there with tears just streaming down my face. Most times, not knowing the source, but other times, as a result of something that had triggered me in today.

Tears are a great healer. They cleanse the soul.

Written in 2010

MajestyJo 08-21-2013 10:40 AM

The following was a post I made in January of 2004 at my site Star Choices

A drug is a drug, no matter what you use. Anything that is mind altering and allows you to escape yourself. I once heard someone say, "Anything that stands between you and your God and what he would have you do and be, in today!"

Love Always,

CC

Since I started going to NA 18 years ago, I have repeatedly come across people who think that just because I was addicted to prescription pills, and didn't do "street" drugs, I am not a 'real' addict.

Several times over the years I have heard people say "I am a 'real' alcoholic. Well prescription drugs where dried up alcohol for me. I didn't have blackouts with alcohol, but I did with pills. I didn't like all kinds of alcohol, but I sure liked all kinds of pills.

When I quit smoking, I tried Zyban. I took a pill and waited for the 'craving' to disappear. I didn't read the instructions, I thought I knew! The Ms. Know It All Addict thought she knew what she was doing. It ended up I was allowed to take the pills for five days and smoke too. I quit smoking and took the pills expecting the instant fix! When I finally read the instructions, it gave me permission to smoke, and I tried it their way and all the pill did was make the cigarettes taste bad, so I quit the pills and the cigarettes.

Since I have been going through the problem with doctors and having to deal with pain with no medication, it has been so difficult to 'take as prescribed' the meds I am allowed. I had not been to a meeting for three weeks because of pain, life and the holidays. I found myself cussing, totally addicted to my computer games, and not posting on my sites or here. I had nothing to give!

I went to CA on Friday night for a three and a four year anniversary, and then to my friend's five year anniversary on Saturday in AA, and if I hadn't felt in so much pain, drained of energy and so tired, I would have done NA on Sunday. Then I got word that my Aunt who is 81 had a stroke. I thought of her Sunday, was near her building and 3 p.m. and she had the stroke at 4 p.m. I had a lot of guilt because I didn't follow the thought and go see her, although I know I was powerless over stopping her stroke. What I have been beating myself up for was the fact that I didn't listen to myself. I have spent years learning to listen to that inner voice, what I call my Higher Self, and I didn't follow through on it. Perhaps I wasn't meant to, and it happened as it should, but I have also found it happening in little things, like at my bridge club tonight.

It has been a big lesson, and I know that for me, sometimes "thought" can mess me up. Being an Aries, it isn't always good to intellectualize everything, and it is difficult for me to "Let Go" and trust that God is doing His part, without me having my fingers in the pie!!!!

In the telling of this, I am starting to smile and have a chuckle, it sure helps to put it into words.

MajestyJo 08-24-2013 07:40 PM

The 4 D's of spiritual growth

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-24...ngels/0224.gif

"Strive to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To be too wise for worry, too tolerant for hate, and too courageous to be fearful. In short, to be happy."

-- Unknown Source

Reflect on this pathway for meaningful growth:

DISCIPLINE - To create change in our lives, we need to consistently focus on what we want.
DETACHMENT - Practice the art of detached observation. Let go of automatic defenses and patterns.
DISCERNMENT - Seek to discern the lower from the higher. What is self-serving and what is soul-inspired? Discernment carries no judgment. There are no goods and bads. Remain as a detached witness.
DHARMA - This is an East Indian word meaning "living your unique purpose." How do you find meaning and fulfillment in ways that are natural to you? How do you best serve and contribute to the world?

"If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears."

-- Glenn Clark

MajestyJo 08-24-2013 07:48 PM

Something I posted on another site 2010:

Quote:

I was just thinking of the hypocrisy I found in a lot of people in the church to my way of thinking, of course, not giving any thought to my own rebellion of all the 'thou shall nots' that I didn't want to adhere to.

If I could find fault with someone else, then I didn't have to look at me.

I love the spiritual part of the program. It doesn't matter what your religious belief may be, you can meet on common ground.

I highly dislike game playing, dishonesty, and self-righteous sinners. I don't even like the word sin. For me, sin means "Soul In Need" and it doesn't mean I was a bad person, it meant that I was a sick person trying to get better.

For so many years, I look for some person, place or thing outside of myself to make me feel better. Just in the saying, shows the insanity of the disease.

I am reminded of that verse, "He that is without sin, cast the first stone." Don't remember where it is found, I just know it is there.

I am so glad that my God is forgiving and His Love is unconditional.
The biggest problem was me, trying to figure it out and/or thinking I knew it all, after all I had been going to church all my life, who are you to tell me, that I don't know God.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-24...ngels/0226.gif

MajestyJo 08-24-2013 08:06 PM

Eight Gifts that Do Not Cost A Cent

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-24...ngels/0429.gif

1. THE GIFT OF LISTENING...
But you must REALLY listen.
No interrupting, no daydreaming,
no planning your response.
Just listening.

2. THE GIFT OF AFFECTION...
Be generous with appropriate hugs,
kisses, pats on the back, and handholds.
Let these small actions demonstrate the
love you have for family and friends.

3. THE GIFT OF LAUGHTER...
Clip cartoons.
Share articles and funny stories.
Your gift will say, "I love to laugh with you."

4. THE GIFT OF A WRITTEN NOTE...
It can be a simple
"Thanks for the help" note or a full sonnet.
A brief, handwritten note may be remembered
for a lifetime, and may even change a life.

5. THE GIFT OF A COMPLIMENT...
A simple and sincere,
You look great in red," "You did a super job,"
or "That was a wonderful meal"
can make someone's day.

6. THE GIFT OF A FAVOR...
Every day, go out of your way
to do something kind.

7. THE GIFT OF SOLITUDE...
There are times when we want nothing better
than to be left alone.
Be sensitive to those times and give
the gift of solitude to others.

8. THE GIFT OF A CHEERFUL DISPOSITION...
The easiest way to feel good is
to extend a kind word to someone.
Really, it's not that hard to say,
Hello or Thank You.

MajestyJo 08-28-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

THE BRAND NEW YOU
By Max Lucado

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-24...ngels/0458.gif

Have you ever noticed the way
a groom looks at his bride
during the wedding? I have.
Perhaps it's my vantage point.
As the minister of the wedding,
I'm positioned next to the groom.
By the time we reach the altar,
I've been with him for some time backstage
as he tugged his collar and mopped his brow.
But all that changes when she appears.
And the look on his face is
my favorite scene in the wedding.

Most miss it.
Most miss it because they are looking at her.
But when other eyes are on the bride,
I sneak a peek at the groom.
If the light is just so and the angle just right,
I can see a tiny reflection in his eyes.
Her reflection.
And the sight of her reminds him why he is here.

And such are precisely the feelings of Jesus.
Look long enough into the eyes of our Savior
and, there, too, you will see a bride.
Dressed in fine linen.
Clothed in pure grace.
From the wreath in her hair
to the clouds at her feet,
she is royal;
she is the princess.
She is the bride.
His bride.
Walking toward him,
she is not yet with him.
But he sees her,
he awaits her,
he longs for her.

“Who could bear to live without her?”
you hear him whisper.

And who is that bride?
Who is this beauty who occupies
the heart of Jesus?

You are.
You have captured the heart of God.
“As a man rejoices over his new wife,
so your God will rejoice over you”
(Isa. 62:5).

The challenge is to remember that.
To meditate on it.
To focus on it.
To allow his love to change
the way you look at you.

From my site Soundness of Mind

MajestyJo 08-28-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

~THE BANDIT OF JOY~
By Max Lucado

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-24...ngels/0068.gif

Black Bart terrorized the Wells Fargo stage line for thirteen years, roaring like a tornado in and out of the Sierra Nevadas, spooking the most rugged frontiersmen.

During his reign of terror between 1875 and 1883, he is credited with stealing the bags and the breath away from twenty-nine different stagecoach crews.

A hood hid his face.

No victim ever saw him.

No artist ever sketched his features.

No sheriff could ever track his trail.

He never fired a shot or took a hostage.

He didn't have to.

His presence was enough to paralyze.

He reminds me of another thief-one who's still around.

You know him.

Oh you've never seen his face, either.

You couldn't describe his voice or sketch his profile.

But when he's near, you know it in a heartbeat.

If you've ever been in the hospital, you've felt the leathery brush
of his hand against yours.

If you've ever sensed someone was following you, you've felt his cold breath down your neck.

If you've awakened late at night in a strange room, it was his husky whisper
that stole your slumber.

You know him.

It was this thief who left your palms sweaty as you went for the job
interview.

It was this con man who convinced you to swap your integrity for
popularity.

And it was this scoundrel who whispered in your ear as you left the cemetery, “You may be next.”

He's the Black Bart of the soul.

He doesn't want your money.

He doesn't want your diamonds.

He won't go after your car.

He wants something far more precious.

He wants your peace of mind-your joy.

His name?

Fear.

His task is to take your courage and leave you timid and trembling.
Fear of death, fear of failure, fear of God, fear of tomorrow-his arsenal is vast.

His goal?

To create cowardly, joyless souls.

From my site Soundness of Mind

MajestyJo 09-01-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Ten things God Won't Ask

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/water-frogs/0239.gif

1...God won't ask what kind of car you drove; He'll ask how many people you drove who didn't have transportation.

2...God won't ask the square footage of your house, He'll ask how many people you welcomed into your home.

3...God won't ask about the clothes you had in your closet, He'll ask how many you helped to clothe.

4...God won't ask what your highest salary was, He'll ask if you compromised your character to obtain it.

5...God won't ask what your job title was, He'll ask if you performed your job to the best of your ability.

6...God won't ask how many friends you had, He'll ask how many people to whom you were a friend.

7...God won't ask in what neighborhood you lived, He'll ask how you treated your neighbors.

8...God won't ask about the color of your skin, He'll ask about the content of your character.

9...God won't ask why it took you so long to seek Salvation, He'll lovingly take you to your mansion in heaven, and not to the gates of Hell.

10...God won't ask how many people you forwarded this to, He'll ask if you were ashamed to pass it on to your friends.

Read 1st line Carefully

Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God.

Quiet moments, worship God.

Painful moments, trust God.

Every moment, thank God.

An oldie but a goodie.

MajestyJo 09-03-2013 05:21 AM

Had a lot of guilt, because of my religious upbringing, I was very angry at God when I came into recovery. Found out it was more about the church and the "Thou Shall Nots" I was brought up in the Gospel Halls and you couldn't dance, play cards, couldn't go outside and have fun because it was Sunday. My mom broke down and let us go to a few drive in movies, we went to see one on forest fires, I got triggered from when our house got struck by lightening. I started crying, burying my head in my lap and was totally terrified. We left, my mother felt guilty and stopped us from going to movies.

When I came into recovery, the only God I knew was the God of my childhood. I am afraid my belief, faith, and trust was conditional and they talked about a Higher Power, and my attitude was, `Don`t tell me, show me.` My God showed Himself to me and as you know, I like to say, God is, as He reveals Himself to me in today.

I used only my Bible for meditation for my first year, later I was given the book Serenity, the New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs, which were cross reference with the Steps. I found that I had been working and living the Steps without knowing it. I said a prayer each night, opened the book, and read the page I opened to, and anything that spoke out to me, I wrote down.

It started small asking for help every morning to stay clean and sober for that day and giving thanks at night. When I came up upon something new or troublesome, the Serenity Prayer saved the day. I found out that I could wear it out. There is certainly a difference by saying it and meaning it, rather than just playing lip service.

In today, I KNOW my God is there. I can be walking down the street and saying, Hey Big Guy, this one is for you. I am just as apt to say, Can you not give me a little hint so we both know.

I try to take time outs during my day and asking for help, especially when my pain is bad. I ask for what I need to change, let go, unblock what is preventing me to connect to my God or to the answers that I know are there and I can not see in the moment. My faith is knowing it is there, it is about me surrendering it ALL to Him, not giving up but giving over, because I know my way does not work.

I am grateful that in today, that my God is loving, caring, forgiving, and oh so much more. As the verse in the Bible says, He strengthens me and all things are possible according to His Divine Plan.

The most helpful prayer is praying for the willingness to be willing.

I was told to not pray for specifics for myself or family and friends. That is playing God with other people's lives. I was told to pray for what they needed according to their Higher Good. When I did healing sessions with a friend, I would tell people, this is a contract between my God and your God, as to how much you receive and how open and willing you are to receive.

I was just a channel, and sometimes I was given thoughts as to what I needed to do or get them to do for their health and well being.

All we can do is pray and leave the outcome to our God. As they say, you can't help those who are not willing to change.

We may not all have the same view and perspective of God, but the Spirituality of the program, brings us together as one.

http://angelwinks.net/images/kidpod/kidpod1146.jpg

MajestyJo 10-01-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-koalas/0024.gif

Work hard at what you like to do and try to overcome all obstacles

Laugh at your mistakes and praise yourself for learning from them

Pick some flowers and appreciate the beauty of nature

Say hello to strangers and enjoy the people you know

Don't be afraid to show your emotions laughing and crying make you feel better

Love your friends and family with your entire being they are the most important part of your life

Feel the calmness on a quiet sunny day

Find a rainbow and live your world of dreams always remember life is better than it seems.

Author Unknown to me

If a Kiss was a raindrop,

I'd send you showers.

If a hug was a second,

I'd send you hours.

If a smile was water,

I'd send you the sea.

If love was a person,

I'd send you me.

Have A Great Day!

MajestyJo 11-10-2013 05:57 PM

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/v.../XYZ/heart.gif

When you are tired and discouraged
from fruitless effort,

GOD knows how hard you have tried.

When you've cried so long your
heart is in anguish,

GOD has counted your tears.

If you feel that your life is on hold
and time has passed you by,

GOD is waiting for you.

When nothing makes sense and you
are confused or frustrated,

GOD has the answer.

If suddenly your outlook is brighter
and you find traces of hope,

GOD has whispered to you.

When things are going well and you
have much to be thankful for,

GOD has blessed you.

When something joyful happens
and you are filled with awe,

GOD has smiled upon you.

Remember that wherever you are or
whatever you are feeling,

GOD knows!

MajestyJo 11-10-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

WARPAINT

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/halloween-dolls/0010.gif

Here, put this on- this cheek color,
and cover up all your freckles,
don’t forget to curl your hair,
eyeliner goes right here,
mascara makes your eyelashes long,
but not for long,
if you use all these things,
you won’t have to share your heart,
you won’t have to take the chance,
he’ll see the fear in your eyes, as you
remember all the others who's lies,
you believed before...

Melody Jackson

How we perceive our self, is not what others see. So many time we wore that mask, hoping it will not only cover our face, but what we feel inside.

MajestyJo 11-19-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Bishop Spong, Q & A,

... from Elko, Nevada writes:

"What part did the oral tradition play in the development of the New Testament?" Dear Lee,

The oral tradition is the only way that the stories of Jesus could have lived between his death in 30 C.E. (approximately) and the writing of the Gospels between 70 C.E. and 100 C.E. This means that everything we know about Jesus lived for 40 to 70 years in oral transmission before it was written down. The real questions are where was this tradition preserved, by whom and in what context?

When I wrote "Liberating the Gospels: Reading the Bible with Jewish Eyes," I defended the thesis that it was in the synagogue that the oral tradition was born and in the synagogue that it thrived. Most of the gospel stories existed first as sermons, preached about Jesus against the background of the synagogue readings of the Torah and the prophets In this process, Jesus in the oral tradition came to be understood as the fulfillment of both the expectations of the Torah and the hopes of the prophets.

I also argued in that book that stories of Jesus appropriate to the great feasts and fasts of the Jewish year were developed in the oral tradition that enabled the gospels to suggest that not only was the crucifixion of Jesus to be interpreted against the Passover, but also that every other major Jewish holy day was in time given Christian content by the oral tradition during the synagogue phase of Christian history.

In my life, this point of view has opened the gospels to a freshness that treating them as literal history could never create. Try it; I believe you will like it.

-- John Shelby Spong
November 2004

MajestyJo 11-19-2013 08:58 AM

It is my own beliefs that God is all encompassing, just too great for me as a person to comprehend. Our program says, "The God of our own understanding," that means it is God as seen through my eyes, my heart and my soul. The God, who I have come to believe in, has a sense of humour, is patient and tolerant, is kind and compassionate, love me unconditionally, and probably shakes His Head and His Finger at me daily, but that is okay. Whatever defect I have in today, WE are working on them together. He is my loyal, companion, friend and mentor and I can't begin to describe Him to you. You just need to go looking for Him yourself.

As for who would read it, heaven knows. Received the article from my friend and is a spiritual religionist.

So much of life and tradition has been handed down by word of mouth. Some of this is good, while others I believe have been inhibiting. Too many people over the years have rebelled as a result of laws, yet structure and discipline is important. Today's world is a good example of what happens when it is taken away. I like the thought that spiritual law transcends earthly law. I sure hope this is true, what a better place this world would be if people all came to believe.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/religion...cross/0070.gif

MajestyJo 11-24-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Forgiveness

http://gi155.photobucket.com/groups/...PTNO3/be-1.jpg

In the long run, it's not a question of whether they
deserve to be forgiven. You're not forgiving them for
their sake, you're doing it for yourself. For your own
health and well-being, forgiveness is simply the most
energy-efficient option. It frees you from the
incredibly toxic, debilitating drain of hold a grudge.
Don't let these people live rent free in your head.
99.9% of the time, the only person a grudge affects
is the person holding on to it. If they hurt you before,
why let them keep doing it year after year in your mind.
It's not worth it but it takes heart effort to stop it.
You can muster that heart power to forgive them
as a way of looking out for yourself. It's one thing you
can be totally selfish about.

- - unknown

MajestyJo 11-26-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Unlimited Choice

Any number of alcoholics are bedeviled by the dire conviction that if ever they go near A.A. they will be pressured to conform to some particular brand
of faith or theology. They just don't realize that faith is never an imperative for A.A. membership; that sobriety can be achieved with an easily minimum of it, and that our concepts of a Higher Power and God - as we understand Him - afford everyone a nearly unlimited choice of spiritual belief and action.

<<<>>>

In talking to a prospect, stress the spiritual feature freely. If the man be agnostic or atheist, make it emphatic that he does not have to agree with your conception of God. He can choose any conception he likes, provided it makes sense to him. The main thing is that he be willing to believe in a Power greater than himself and that he live by spiritual principles.

As Bill Sees It - July 20, 2004

So many times my God was watching over me and I didn't know it. I had a resentment against the God of my understanding and had to make Him more personal, not some distant being that seemed just out of reach.

http://www.angelwinks.net/images/angel82.jpg

MajestyJo 11-29-2013 10:10 PM

Letting Go...

Fear (any emotion), notice it, recognize it, but don't breathe into it. Keep the fear at a distance. As you breathe, release what you don't need. Breathe in what you do need.

Quote:

Releasing the Past

Today I have the willingness to release myself from the past and give myself the gift of comprehending all that exists in my present.

I am tired of being mired in the past, running my every experience through the old damaged notions that seemed to have gotten stamped on every cell in my body. I am tired of using misinformation as if it was truth and recreating over and over for myself the same result. I am tired to the bone and yet when I try to escape this alone, I sense my efforts are useless.

I believe that a power greater than myself can release me from the bondage of my past. I ask this higher power to help me now find the truth of my present. It feels unfamiliar to stop the movie of my past from running in the background and encounter silence in its place. But I practice learning to sit still with the quiet. Gradually, I awaken to what is here in my present. I let myself know it is enough. I am well when I let myself be.

You are reading from the book:

Daybreak by Maureen Brady
http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-24...stmas/0039.gif

Love this, is posted on my site The Five As on Yahoo.

MajestyJo 11-30-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

The well-known maxim, "While there is life there is hope." has deeper meaning in reverse: "while there is hope there is life."

Hope comes first, life follows. Hope gives power to life. Hope rouses life to continue, to expand, to grow, to reach out, to go on.

Hope sees a light where there isnt' any.

Hope lights candles in millions of despairing hearts.

Hope is the miracle medicine of the mind. It inspires the will to live. Hope is the physician's strongest ally.

Hope is man's shield and buckler against defeat.

"Hope," wrote Alexander Pope, "springs eternal in the human breast." And as long as it does man will triumph and move forward.

Hope ever sounds retreat. Hope keeps the banners flying.

Hope revives ideals, renews dreams, revitalizes visions.

Hope scales the peak, wrestles with the impossible, achieves the highest aim.

"The word which God has written on the brow of every man," wrote Victor Hugo, "is Hope." As long as man has hope no situation is hopeless.

Wilfred A. Peterson

MajestyJo 12-03-2013 12:42 AM

Dear God...

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-24...eligion/21.gif

First, my car broke down
I was very late for work
But I missed that awful accident
Was that your handiwork?

I found a house I loved
But others got there first
I was angry, then relieved
When I heard the pipes had burst!

I know you're watching over me
And I'm feeling truly blessed
For no matter what I pray for
You always know what's best!

I have this circle of E-mail friends,
Who mean the world to me;
Some days I "send" and "send,"
At other times, I let them be.

I am so blessed to have these friends,
With whom I've grown so close;
So this little poem I dedicate to them,
Because to me they are the "Most"!

When I see each name download,
And view the message they've sent;
I know they've thought of me that day,
And "well wishes" were their intent.

So to you, my friends, I would like to say, !
Thank you for being a part;
Of all my daily contacts,
This comes right from my heart.

God bless you all is my prayer today,
I'm honoured to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until we write again.

Happiness comes through doors you didn't know you left open

MajestyJo 12-05-2013 12:46 PM

FRIEND

http://www.angelwinks.net/images/fri...sforever12.jpg

Take my hand my friend,
I wish to help you along.
Just knowing there are two of us
Can help to make you strong.

I know life seems unfair
and sometimes gets you down,
But know that I am here for you
I'll always be around.

So set a day aside
And together we will walk
Down all your troubled pathways,
For it helps sometimes to talk.

If you should need some time
To do this on your own,
Then I will be here waiting
Since you wish to be alone.

I guess I want to say
That I hold your friendship dear.
And if you ever need me
just reach out, cause I am here.

MajestyJo 12-07-2013 01:59 AM

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/countrie...ative/0027.gif

Humility asks us to allow ourselves to be vulnerable, to remain teachable (The Wolf means Teacher), and to admit we don't know it all and open to knew ideas, concepts, and thoughts. Our disease is an addiction, that allows back into our lives, and we allow it back into our thoughts to take us back to our addiction, instead of giving thanks to the Creator for all His Blessings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humility

MajestyJo 12-09-2013 12:26 AM

Guarded by an angel

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/religion-angels/0070.gif

A drunk man in an Oldsmobile

They said had run the light

That caused the six-car pileup

On 109 that night.

When broken bodies lay about

And blood was everywhere,

The sirens screamed out eulogies,

For death was in the air.

A mother, trapped inside her car,

Was heard above the noise;

Her plaintive plea near split the air:

Oh, God, please spare my boys!

She fought to loose her pinned hands;

She struggled to get free,

But mangled metal held her fast

In grim captivity.

Her frightened eyes then focused

On where the back seat once had been,

But all she saw was broken glass and

Two children's seats crushed in.

Her twins were nowhere to be seen;

She did not hear them cry,

And then she prayed they'd been thrown free,

Oh, God, don't let them die!

Then firemen came and cut her loose,

But when they searched the back,

They found therein no little boys,

But the seat belts were intact.

They thought the woman had gone mad

And was traveling alone,

But when they turned to question her,

They discovered she was gone.

Policemen saw her running wild

And screaming above the noise

In beseeching supplication,

Please help me find my boys!

They're four years old and wear blue shirts;

Their jeans are blue to match.

One cop spoke up, They're in my car,

And they don't have a scratch.

They said their daddy put them there

And gave them each a cone,

Then told them both to wait for Mom

To come and take them home.

I've searched the area high and low,

But I can't find their dad.

He must have fled the scene,

I guess, and that is very bad.

The mother hugged the twins and said,

While wiping at a tear,

He could not flee the scene, you see,

For he's been dead a year.

The cop just looked confused and asked,

Now, how can that be true?

The boys said, Mommy, Daddy came

And left a kiss for you.

He told us not to worry

And that you would be all right,

And then he put us in this car with

The pretty, flashing light.

We wanted him to stay with us,

Because we miss him so,

But Mommy, he just hugged us tight

And said he had to go.

He said someday we'd understand

And told us not to fuss,

And he said to tell you, Mommy,

He's watching over us.

The mother knew without a doubt

That what they spoke was true,

For she recalled their dad's last words,

I will watch over you.

The firemen's notes could not explain

The twisted, mangled car,

And how the three of them escaped

Without a single scar.

But on the cop's report was scribed,

In print so very fine,

An angel walked the beat tonight on Highway 109.

He who has a thousand friends has not a friend to spare.

This morning when the Lord opened a window to Heaven, He saw me, and he asked: 'My child, what is your greatest wish for today?'

I responded: 'Lord please, take care of the person who is reading this message, their family and their special friends.

They deserve it and I love them very much. '