Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - July (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9182)

bluidkiti 07-01-2016 08:26 AM

Bible Verses - July

July 1

Mark 12:30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

Acts 3:19 (NIV) Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord...

Thought: Give God the wheel. He wants to lead your life.

Give thanks to the LORD and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done. - 1 Chronicles 16:8

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 4:12-13 (NLT): Dear friends, don't be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. Instead, be very glad-because these trials will make you partners with Christ in his suffering, and afterward you will have the wonderful joy of sharing his glory when it is displayed to all the world.

Today’s Thought: One of the hardest things to do as a Christian is to trust God through trials. We are going to face them. Trusting God through them makes you stronger. Lean on Jesus, He cares and wants to help you!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me learn to trust You in trials. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

O LORD my God, I take refuge in you; save and deliver me from all who pursue me... —Psalm 7:1

Micah 6:8 NIV He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

bluidkiti 07-02-2016 07:22 AM

July 2

Romans 12:10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.

And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. - Philippians 4:8

Mark 8:29 NIV "But what about you?" Jesus asked. "Who do you say I am?" Peter answered, "You are the Christ."

2 Corinthians 3:17 (NIV) - Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

bluidkiti 07-03-2016 07:42 AM

July 3

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No one is holy like the LORD! There is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God. - 1 Samuel 2:2

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 4:19 (NLT): So if you are suffering according to God's will, keep on doing what is right, and trust yourself to the God who made you, for he will never fail you.

Today’s Thought: When one is in a battle it is often hard not to trust God. However, it is in these times we should trust Him even more. No matter how hard it gets, how much you want to “throw in the towel,” He will never leave you or forsake you!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for never leaving me. I ask that You help me learn to trust You no matter what I am facing. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. Revelation 22:21

bluidkiti 07-04-2016 09:02 AM

July 4

Galatians 5:14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. - 2 Timothy 1:7

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 5:7 (NLT): Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you.

Today’s Thought: God cares about you. He does not just care about a few things, but everything! He cares about you so much that He knows exactly how many hairs you have on your head!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You so much for caring about me! Today, I ask that You show me in a tangible way exactly how much You care about me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

John 17:3 (NIV) - Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

bluidkiti 07-05-2016 07:51 AM

July 5

Hosea 6:1 (NIV) "Come, let us return to the Lord."

Thought: The cry of God's heart goes out every day: "Come to Me."

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John 8:36

Galatians 5:13 (NIV) - You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.

So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalms 90:12

bluidkiti 07-06-2016 09:14 AM

July 6

Hebrews 12:2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Hosea 6:1b (NIV) ...He will heal us...

Thought: God can fix what hurts, especially memories, scars and matters of the heart.

Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. - Matthew 6:33

Psalm 64:1-2 — Hear me, my God, as I voice my complaint;
protect my life from the threat of the enemy.
Hide me from the conspiracy of the wicked,
from the plots of evildoers.

We may believe that God wants to hear only certain requests from us. While it is true that we should offer praise confession, & respectful petitions, it's also true that God is willing to listen to anything we want to tell him. David, the psalmist, expressed himself honestly, knowing that God would hear his voice. God will always listen to us, and He will fully understand what we say.

1 Peter 1:8-9 NIV Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers. Galatians 6:10

1 Corinthians 1:5-7 (NIV) - For in him you have been enriched in every way—with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge— God thus confirming our testimony about Christ among you. Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed.

Romans 12:9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

bluidkiti 07-07-2016 07:43 AM

July 7

Ecclesiastes 3:1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:

Hosea 5:15 (NIV) ...and they will seek My face; in their misery they will earnestly seek Me.

Thought: When you're at rock bottom, the best thing to do is look Up.

Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory he will reveal to us later. - Romans 8:18

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. —Matthew 7:7-8

Psalm 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.

1 John 4:10 NIV This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

Luke 8:43-48 And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years, but no one could heal her. She came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak, and immediately her bleeding stopped.

“Who touched me?” Jesus asked.

When they all denied it, Peter said, “Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you.”

But Jesus said, “Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me.”

Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at his feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed. Then he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace.”

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

bluidkiti 07-08-2016 09:36 AM

July 8

1 Timothy 4:12 Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.

This is real love-not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins. - 1 John 4:10

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 1:4 (NLT): For God has reserved a priceless inheritance for his children. It is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay.

Today’s Thought: Like every loving Father, God gives His children gifts. He has gifts just waiting for us in heaven. What an amazing God we serve!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for loving me even when I feel inadequate. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Philippians 4:4 — Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way. Mark 10:52

bluidkiti 07-09-2016 09:27 AM

July 9

O righteous God, who searches minds and hearts, bring to an end the violence of the wicked and make the righteous secure. —Psalm 7:9

Ephesians 3:20-21 - 20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

John 6:29 NIV Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

bluidkiti 07-10-2016 09:31 AM

July 10

But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. - 1 John 1:9

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 1:8-9 (NLT): You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him, you trust him; and even now you are happy with a glorious, inexpressible joy. Your reward for trusting him will be the salvation of your souls.

Today’s Thought: It is so rewarding serving God! He is so holy, worthy and awesome. Today, let’s dwell on everything He has done for us and give Him praise for it all!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for saving me! Thank You for all Your wonderful blessings in my life! I ask that You always remind me of what You have done for me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

And they cried out in a loud voice: "Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb." —Revelation 7:10

Philippians 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Jeremiah 9:23 Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
Jeremiah 9:24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. Psalm 63:3-4

Psalm 16:8-9 (NIV) - I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure,

bluidkiti 07-11-2016 07:37 AM

July 11

Matthew 25:40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Isaiah 49:23 (NIV) ...those who hope in Me will not be disappointed.

Thought: God will never let you down.

Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Jeremiah 32:17 “Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.

Lamentations 3:19-24

I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.
I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.
Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”

bluidkiti 07-12-2016 10:49 AM

July 12

But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! - Matthew 5:44

Matthew 22:36-38 — "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment.

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets. —Matthew 7:12

Matthew 4:4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’

Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! Isaiah 30:18

Mark 12:30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

bluidkiti 07-13-2016 09:38 AM

July 13

Philippians 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Psalm 78:15 (NIV) He split the rocks in the desert and gave them water as abundant as the seas

Thought: God can do anything. Trust Him.

Make allowance for each other's faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. - Colossians 3:13

Philippians 2:9-11 - 9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Ezekiel 18:21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Mark 12:30 NIV "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength."

bluidkiti 07-14-2016 07:36 AM

July 14

Isaiah 55:8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord.

If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved. - Romans 10:9-10

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. —2 Chronicles 7:14

John 15:10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” Revelation 21:3-4

Ephesians 3:16 (NIV) - I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,

bluidkiti 07-15-2016 09:42 AM

July 15

James 1:12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

OSovereign LORD! You made the heavens and earth by your strong hand and powerful arm. Nothing is too hard for you! - Jeremiah 32:17

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. Romans 8:14

James 1:12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

Philippians 4:6-8 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

dwmoeller 07-15-2016 09:55 AM

A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit. - Proverbs 15:13

Thought: When Jesus' love fills your heart, will you still frown?

bluidkiti 07-16-2016 09:12 AM

July 16

Oh, how great are God's riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways! - Romans 11:33

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 1:21 (NLT): Through Christ you have come to trust in God. And because God raised Christ from the dead and gave him great glory, your faith and hope can be placed confidently in God.

Today’s Thought: We can’t be certain about much in life, we can, however, be certain about this: we can trust God. As we go about our day today, let’s put our full trust in Him.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me learn how to put my full trust in You, in everything. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

[After Jesus had raised the son of the widow from Nain:] They were all filled with awe and praised God. "A great prophet has appeared among us," they said. "God has come to help his people." —Luke 7:16

Colossians 2:9-10 9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, 10 and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.

Psalm 91:1-2 NIV He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."

Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Psalm 37:3

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." John 1:14

bluidkiti 07-17-2016 09:37 AM

July 17

Romans 10:9-10 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

For the LORD grants wisdom! From his mouth come knowledge and understanding. - Proverbs 2:6

For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes. —Revelation 7:17

Psalm 124:2-5 NIV If the LORD had not been on our side when men attacked us, when their anger flared against us, they would have swallowed us alive; the flood would have engulfed us, the torrent would have swept over us, the raging waters would have swept us away.

Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. Romans 5:3-4

Romans 16:20 (NIV) - The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. May the grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

bluidkiti 07-18-2016 10:16 AM

July 18

Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven. - Luke 6:37

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 1:24-25 (NLT): As the prophet says, "People are like grass that dies away; their beauty fades as quickly as the beauty of wildflowers. The grass withers, and the flowers fall away. But the word of the Lord will last forever." And that word is the Good News that was preached to you.

Today’s Thought: We can trust God. When He says He will do something, He will. Some of us have promises we’ve been waiting on God to fulfill for years or even decades. Do not become discouraged, if God said it, it will happen!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me not to be discouraged, instead, I ask that You help me learn to stand on the promises that You’ve promised me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. Mark 12:30

dwmoeller 07-18-2016 03:13 PM

A friend loves at all times. - Proverbs 17:17

Thought: Be a friend; show that you love!

bluidkiti 07-19-2016 10:22 AM

July 19

Hebrews 6:10 God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.

Isaiah 48:17 (NIV) "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go."

Thought: Start by praying, "Dear God, give me a clean heart and a clear head. Help me hear Your voice. Shut every distraction out. Amen."

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. Psalm 143:8

bluidkiti 07-20-2016 07:36 AM

July 20

This is my command-be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. - Joshua 1:9

Luke 6:37 — "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

Ephesians 2:10 NIV For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Ephesians 2:4-7

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen. Philippians 4:23

Psalm 27:14 (NIV) - Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. Psalms 107:1

Philippians 4:6-7 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

dwmoeller 07-20-2016 08:23 AM

A man's steps are directed by the Lord. - Proverbs 20:24

Thought: The Lord's ways are good ways.

bluidkiti 07-21-2016 07:14 AM

July 21

Hebrews 1:3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

[Speaking to the Israelites about their enemies, Moses said:] "Do not be terrified by them, for the LORD your God, who is among you, is a great and awesome God." —Deuteronomy 7:21

Psalm 100:2-5
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.

But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:57

Hebrews 13:5-6 - 5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” 6 So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”

dwmoeller 07-21-2016 08:32 AM

"Son, your sins are forgiven. " - Mark 2:5

Thought: Be cheerful!! Jesus has forgiven you too!

bluidkiti 07-22-2016 07:56 AM

July 22

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,

Isaiah 12:2 (NIV) Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid.

Thought: This can be the story of your life.

But to you who are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you. Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you. - Luke 6:27-28

How great you are, O Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears." —2 Samuel 7:22

Matthew 16:15-16 - 15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

Colossians 3:15-17
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

Proverbs 19:21 (NIV) - Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.

Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?

dwmoeller 07-22-2016 10:30 AM

The battle is the Lord's - I Samuel 17:47

Thought: No foe is too big for God!

bluidkiti 07-23-2016 10:19 AM

July 23

Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.

Matthew 19:14 Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19

bluidkiti 07-24-2016 07:29 AM

July 24

For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself." - Galatians 5:14

Psalm 112:5 Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely, who conduct their affairs with justice.

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:21

bluidkiti 07-25-2016 07:58 AM

July 25

Isaiah 12:3 (NIV) With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.

Thought: He will refresh your spirit, especially when the heat is on.

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. - Psalm 139:23-24

I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1-2

Romans 8:38-39 - 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

bluidkiti 07-26-2016 07:32 AM

July 26

Psalm 100:4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.

Isaiah 12:4 (NIV) Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name.

Thought: Make prayer a bigger part of your life.

The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure. - 1 Corinthians 10:13

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

Psalms 143:10 Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.

James 1:22 NIV Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

1 Thessalonians 5:18-23

give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Do not quench the Spirit. Do not treat prophecies with contempt but test them all; hold on to what is good, reject every kind of evil.

May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

dwmoeller 07-26-2016 09:12 AM

Seek the Lord and live - Amos 5:6

Thought: God revealed Himself in Jesus and declared. "Now I will be found."

bluidkiti 07-27-2016 07:42 AM

July 27

1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

Isaiah 50:4 (NIV) The Sovereign Lord has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary.

Thought: Step into your calling. Encourage someone today.

That is what the Scriptures mean when they say, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him." - 1 Corinthians 2:9

Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,

Romans 8:28 NIV We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Philippians 4:11-13 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Psalms 100:2

Psalm 30:2 LORD my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.

dwmoeller 07-27-2016 08:44 AM

Do not let your hearts be troubled. - John 14:1

Thought: Trust in Christ trumps troubles on earth.

bluidkiti 07-28-2016 07:17 AM

July 28

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Isaiah 50:4b (NIV) ...He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.

Thought: Keep a journal. Make a list of what you are learning.

For the word of the LORD holds true, and we can trust everything he does. He loves whatever is just and good; the unfailing love of the LORD fills the earth. - Psalm 33:4-5

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 2:12 (NLT): Be careful how you live among your unbelieving neighbors. Even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will believe and give honor to God when he comes to judge the world.

Today’s Thought: People watch you even when you do not realize it. We should live our lives in a way that everything we do glorifies Him. Are you living in such a matter? If not, start today!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that my life be a mirror always pointed to You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Isaiah 25:1 —
Lord, you are my God;
I will exalt you and praise your name,
for in perfect faithfulness
you have done wonderful things,
things planned long ago.

It's so easy for us to be focused on the negatives and forget about the positives. Have you learned to stop and count your blessings in the middle of a bad day? It is such a good way to get your perspective back. Proverbs 10:22 — "The blessings of the LORD makes one rich, and he adds no sorrow with it."

Philippians 3:14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 51:1-2 NIV Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.

He will not let your foot slip—he who watches over you will not slumber. Psalm 121:3

Jeremiah 17:14 Heal me, LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.

bluidkiti 07-29-2016 07:07 AM

July 29

Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, "It is through faith that a righteous person has life." - Romans 1:17

Exodus 23:25 And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.

Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” Acts 2:38

dwmoeller 07-29-2016 09:49 AM

Do not forget to do good and to share with others. - Hebrews 13:16

Thought: A kindness shared is a kindness doubled.

bluidkiti 07-30-2016 09:55 AM

July 30

Acts 20:35 In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Galatians 5:1 — It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

Matthew 5:14 You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.

Ephesians 5:1-2 NIV Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen. Philippians 4:20

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33

bluidkiti 07-31-2016 07:55 AM

July 31

Mark 10:45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. - 2 Peter 3:9

Matthew 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

James 1:5 NIV If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

Psalm 16
A miktam of David.

Keep me safe, my God,
for in you I take refuge.

I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord;
apart from you I have no good thing.”
I say of the holy people who are in the land,
“They are the noble ones in whom is all my delight.”
Those who run after other gods will suffer more and more.
I will not pour out libations of blood to such gods
or take up their names on my lips.

Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup;
you make my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.
I will praise the Lord, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
I keep my eyes always on the Lord.
With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure,
because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
nor will you let your faithful one see decay.
You make known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24

Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! — Isaiah 30:18