Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - July (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9182)

dwmoeller 07-15-2016 09:55 AM

A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit. - Proverbs 15:13

Thought: When Jesus' love fills your heart, will you still frown?

bluidkiti 07-16-2016 09:12 AM

July 16

Oh, how great are God's riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways! - Romans 11:33

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 1:21 (NLT): Through Christ you have come to trust in God. And because God raised Christ from the dead and gave him great glory, your faith and hope can be placed confidently in God.

Today’s Thought: We can’t be certain about much in life, we can, however, be certain about this: we can trust God. As we go about our day today, let’s put our full trust in Him.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me learn how to put my full trust in You, in everything. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

[After Jesus had raised the son of the widow from Nain:] They were all filled with awe and praised God. "A great prophet has appeared among us," they said. "God has come to help his people." —Luke 7:16

Colossians 2:9-10 9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, 10 and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.

Psalm 91:1-2 NIV He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."

Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Psalm 37:3

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." John 1:14

bluidkiti 07-17-2016 09:37 AM

July 17

Romans 10:9-10 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

For the LORD grants wisdom! From his mouth come knowledge and understanding. - Proverbs 2:6

For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes. —Revelation 7:17

Psalm 124:2-5 NIV If the LORD had not been on our side when men attacked us, when their anger flared against us, they would have swallowed us alive; the flood would have engulfed us, the torrent would have swept over us, the raging waters would have swept us away.

Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. Romans 5:3-4

Romans 16:20 (NIV) - The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. May the grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

bluidkiti 07-18-2016 10:16 AM

July 18

Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven. - Luke 6:37

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 1:24-25 (NLT): As the prophet says, "People are like grass that dies away; their beauty fades as quickly as the beauty of wildflowers. The grass withers, and the flowers fall away. But the word of the Lord will last forever." And that word is the Good News that was preached to you.

Today’s Thought: We can trust God. When He says He will do something, He will. Some of us have promises we’ve been waiting on God to fulfill for years or even decades. Do not become discouraged, if God said it, it will happen!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me not to be discouraged, instead, I ask that You help me learn to stand on the promises that You’ve promised me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. Mark 12:30

dwmoeller 07-18-2016 03:13 PM

A friend loves at all times. - Proverbs 17:17

Thought: Be a friend; show that you love!

bluidkiti 07-19-2016 10:22 AM

July 19

Hebrews 6:10 God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.

Isaiah 48:17 (NIV) "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go."

Thought: Start by praying, "Dear God, give me a clean heart and a clear head. Help me hear Your voice. Shut every distraction out. Amen."

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. Psalm 143:8

bluidkiti 07-20-2016 07:36 AM

July 20

This is my command-be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. - Joshua 1:9

Luke 6:37 — "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

Ephesians 2:10 NIV For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Ephesians 2:4-7

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen. Philippians 4:23

Psalm 27:14 (NIV) - Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. Psalms 107:1

Philippians 4:6-7 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

dwmoeller 07-20-2016 08:23 AM

A man's steps are directed by the Lord. - Proverbs 20:24

Thought: The Lord's ways are good ways.

bluidkiti 07-21-2016 07:14 AM

July 21

Hebrews 1:3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

[Speaking to the Israelites about their enemies, Moses said:] "Do not be terrified by them, for the LORD your God, who is among you, is a great and awesome God." —Deuteronomy 7:21

Psalm 100:2-5
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.

But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:57

Hebrews 13:5-6 - 5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” 6 So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”

dwmoeller 07-21-2016 08:32 AM

"Son, your sins are forgiven. " - Mark 2:5

Thought: Be cheerful!! Jesus has forgiven you too!

bluidkiti 07-22-2016 07:56 AM

July 22

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,

Isaiah 12:2 (NIV) Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid.

Thought: This can be the story of your life.

But to you who are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you. Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you. - Luke 6:27-28

How great you are, O Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears." —2 Samuel 7:22

Matthew 16:15-16 - 15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

Colossians 3:15-17
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

Proverbs 19:21 (NIV) - Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.

Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?

dwmoeller 07-22-2016 10:30 AM

The battle is the Lord's - I Samuel 17:47

Thought: No foe is too big for God!

bluidkiti 07-23-2016 10:19 AM

July 23

Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.

Matthew 19:14 Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19

bluidkiti 07-24-2016 07:29 AM

July 24

For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself." - Galatians 5:14

Psalm 112:5 Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely, who conduct their affairs with justice.

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:21

bluidkiti 07-25-2016 07:58 AM

July 25

Isaiah 12:3 (NIV) With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.

Thought: He will refresh your spirit, especially when the heat is on.

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. - Psalm 139:23-24

I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1-2

Romans 8:38-39 - 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.