Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Gratitude (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Gratitude List (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3164)

MajestyJo 10-01-2014 11:59 PM

Grateful that I got through another day, although I slept through most of it.
Grateful that I didn't have a lot of pain, although I wasn't very mobile.
Grateful that I was able to cook dinner, Oriental Rice (from a package), fresh waxed beans, and baby backed ribs, which I basted with ketchup, onion mustard, brown sugar, minced garlic, pepper and salt (couldn't thank past that).
Grateful I have been able to do some posting, a very short attention span and just slow moving. I didn't wake up until 4:28 p.m. and feel like it is time for bed. Not liking the feelings, so just turning them over to my God and asking for help and we will see what develops. Didn't even watch tennis and my book is over due.
Grateful for the rain that keeps all things grain. Once it is here, it releases the pain from my body.
Grateful that I can pray for the motivation to do what I need to do. I have some sorting to do, so when I get things caught up, I hope to get it done before bed time. Thought come, if I open my mind to them. That is what happens when you are grateful and when you pray.
Grateful for all those who walk this journey with me.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/birds/0263.gif

MajestyJo 10-03-2014 02:06 AM

Grateful for a new day, have been sleeping my days away lately.
Grateful that I woke up at 2:30 p.m. instead of 4:30 p.m. today. :D
Grateful that tennis finally came on. I had the TV on mute because they had baseball on. If you see a time lapse in my posting, you will know I am watching tennis. ;)
Grateful I got to the mall, because it is suppose to rain today.
Grateful that I got some shopping done, and then did the laundry I haven't been able to do, 4 loads!
Grateful for a lot less of that sharp pain, just that old dull ache of arthritis which we learn to live with. Don't like the pain that gets in the way of my thinking and doing and doesn't go away when I tell it to.
Grateful for some glass I think, although I would like to think they are crystal with a spider engraved in the inside which means "within," an eagle which means "spirit" and a "bear" which means introspection, according to Jamie Sams. I will use these for my meditation tonight.

http://www.whats-your-sign.com/image...olMeanings.jpg

MajestyJo 10-04-2014 10:44 PM

Grateful for another day, met three good recovery friend today.
Grateful I didn't sleep all of my day away, even though I went to bed later than normal. One use to live where I did, he showed me his apartment so I could come to a decision as to whether I wanted to live there. Very active in recovery and always looked like Mr. Serene. I don't think he always was, but it was the message he portrayed. The other one was a member of my group and for the most part, showed me how to not work my program and carried a great message to me. The other lady has over 30 years in Al-Anon and we always identify although she doesn't like to think so because I am one of those other As. I was like her husband and she compares me to him.
Grateful that she listens when I share with her. I think I finally got the message across that I go to Al-Anon for me, not for or because of the As in my life.
Grateful for the program. It has given me a whole new look at life. It has opened up my eyes and I can see things, not only from my own point of view, but from all directions, and able to open my mind to other concepts.
Grateful for the yawns, heading for my bed and going to catch a few ZZZZZ and then wake up and post the readings.
Grateful that that when I went to Al-Anon, I was told that I was doubly blessed. I found friends in both fellowships. I could identify from both sides of the street. I learned to identify not compare. I learned not to judge, no one had walked in my shoes and I hadn't walked in theirs, yet we could walk this recovery road together. Grateful for all those who walk this journey with me.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-24...roses/0449.gif

MajestyJo 10-07-2014 03:38 PM

Grateful for a new day.
Grateful for two busy days.
Not so grateful that I wasn't able to get all the posting done, which included my daily gratitude list. The body just isn't able to do everything I started on the site. It can't keep up to my thoughts. ;) As the saying goes, "The mind is willing, the flesh is weak."
I am grateful for the Traditions. The traditions help the groups yet I can use them to make a better way of life at home and in the community.
I am grateful for the Steps, which allow me to heal and make changes in my life.
I am grateful for the healing I have received in this program. It is very much a day at a time. What I need in today is given to me. It is important that I take the time for meditation to ask and pause to be open to receive. How can I receive if I am busy being occupied by other things.
I am grateful that my Higher Power saw fit to heal my sense of humour not remove it. LOL something I posted in 2007, still grateful!
Grateful that I have been able to sleep.
Grateful that I hurt all over, but not the extreme sharp pains that I use to get. These pains are manageable, and if I get myself into the right mind set of acceptance, and willingness to do, and find some motivation and get some intent to do some dishes, I might get some housework done.
Grateful for those who walk this journey with me.

Sorry, I need a change of attitude. Couldn't resist. This picture found me!

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-24...birds/0022.gif

MajestyJo 10-09-2014 12:34 PM

Grateful for another sunny day.
Not so grateful when I get behind in sharing my gratitude.
Grateful that my day was so busy that I didn't have time to do extra.
Not so grateful, because I don't look at sharing on the site as extra, it is part of my day.
Grateful for my treatment at the Holistic Center, I got an extra half hour. Tony touched some spots I didn't know I had. He found some spots I would rather not know I had. I would have been even gladder if he had not told me they were to do with my heart, so now I am thinking hardening of the arteries and the reason I need to talk to my pharmacist, who I haven't gotten down to talk to yet.
Grateful when each day unfolds in spite of me, and I am sure things will unfold for good.
Grateful that I can make a decision. Even more grateful that I can change my mind, and make another decision. I must remember that the timing isn't always mine.
Grateful for those who walk this road with me. Some may get ahead of me, but that is okay, I will catch up.
Grateful that we are sick people trying to get well, not bad people trying to get good!

http://angelwinks.net/images/lovepod/lovepod33.gif

MajestyJo 10-11-2014 07:42 PM

Grateful for another day, one that disappeared AND one that slipped by.
Grateful for one that got slept away and I got some work done and some sleep caught up.
Grateful for a day that started with meeting with a friend that ended up connecting with three in person, one in person on the phone, and hopefully by nights end, to my two sisters.
Grateful that I got an invite to go to my nieces for Thanksgiving for a family get together.
Grateful that I had a good outing and hoping to get my posting done so I can go to bed early so I can watch darts and tennis at a.m.
Grateful for all who walk this journey with me.

http://cdn-2.motivateus.com/images/f...mit-lauren.jpg

MajestyJo 10-14-2014 10:11 PM

Grateful another day has almost finished, even though I slept through most of it.
Grateful that even though the pain has lessened, the fatigue had kept me from being on the computer.
Grateful that the sun came out today.
Grateful that I was able to sit back and chill and finish my book.
Grateful that meditation showed that I need to spend some me time with my God and look at what I need to do with my life at the moment.
Grateful that I got a couple of calls and were able to connect with friends.
Grateful for the blessings that each day brings.
Grateful that I can listen to my body. When I listen, I hear accept, surrender, let go, and enjoy life in today. Don't fight it, don't try to make it happen, live for the moment.
Grateful for all of you who share this journey with me.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...QtCrAO465vHN0K

MajestyJo 10-16-2014 12:19 PM

Grateful for a new day, even though the sun is not there.
Grateful that I got through a couple of difficult days.
Grateful that my God made Himself known in a big way. It was like fireworks went off.
Grateful that even though the pain thresh hold hit 10 twice during the day.
Grateful that I had the appointment with the Holistic Center and with my doctor yesterday.
Grateful that my doctor was in agreement with me, even if he didn't send the fax to the pharmacy to discontinue the medication. I phoned today, the receptionist says there is no notice on my file so I am trying practice acceptance, patience and tolerance too.
Grateful that even though I do not like chick peas, and don't like the looks of Humus, and even though they are mixed with sweet potatoes and caramelized onions, and looked like baby food and other things, they don't taste too bad, I can get them down, it is good for me and I think it give me protein.
Grateful for that I got to talk to my friend S again last night. We are both very good mirrors for each others.
Grateful that I didn't wake up with a head ache.
Grateful that I don't have a big pain just a dull ache. ;)
Grateful that laundry may be an option, seeing as it is raining and going out isn't.
Grateful for you who walk this journey with me.

http://angelwinks.net/images/butterfly10.jpg

Love this picture. It has been a long time favourite. It reminds me that things don't have to be bright and colourful to be beautiful. It has a beauty all of it's own. Even the plant that has gone to seed and everything has a purpose.

MajestyJo 10-18-2014 12:24 AM

Grateful for another day. More than grateful for another day.
Grateful that I even though I was totally succumbed by fear when my heart just went wiled and I could hear and feel it patter, that I was able to calm and go through the motion and do some do things, most of all pray and ask for help.
Grateful that I went looking for answer, thought it was my blood pressure but found out it was my pulse instead, and just had to be quiet and let go and realize it was a combination of a lot of things. There was no way I was going to go to the hospital, unless it was necessary. I didn't discount it as an option, but it was a last resort.
Grateful that I got the clarity of of mind that I asked for and took my inhalers. Called the Holistic Center and although the people I deal with were not available, I was put in charge with someone else, because I wanted to check on the natural medication that had been suggested by them, which would calm my body. I called my friend S. and connected with her and realized, she was not in a good place and said a prayer for her.
Grateful I was able to get some sleep.
Grateful my son stayed with me although I would have liked him to have had him wake me up to check my blood pressure before 7 p.m., he thought the sleep was good for me, and as they say, things are meant to be.
Grateful that my son took my library books back to the library.
Grateful for the healing power of my God.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...xJfQHMnmofT4Og

MajestyJo 10-24-2014 07:37 PM

Grateful although not so grateful that I ran out of energy to type out a list each day.
Grateful for busy.
Grateful that I got out to my doctor's appointments.
Grateful that each day unfolds as it should even if it isn't always as I would have it be.
Grateful for the lesson's learned.
Grateful for the meeting with my sponsor and the lunch she bought me.
Grateful that I got my closets cleaned.
Grateful that I got my laundry all caught up.
Grateful that it is time to quit and go find something for dinner, which is overdue.
Grateful that tennis is on. Not so grateful that Raonic lost.
Grateful for the express books I got today. One is by Catherine Coulter and the other is by Kathy Reichs.
Grateful that the terrorist attack was an isolated incident.
Grateful that life is one day at a time.
Will be extra grateful when these antibiotics kick in and I feel better.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...QUyGMoBL-Jv-fv

MajestyJo 10-26-2014 07:25 PM

Grateful for another day well spent.
Grateful that I don't feel like I am running a race trying to play catch up, just jogging along.
Grateful that I finished two books. I have one more book to go. It is more of the mush and slush variety. It is one my friend booked out on my card, so it is more her taste than mine. A historical romance, which I haven't read for a while, so will make a change.
Grateful that I had leftovers for dinner. A different form of Shepherd's Pie (hamburger browned with onions, seasoning, with potato gravy used with mushroom gravy mix to make gravy. Carrot partially cooked, then potatoes added, drained except for part used for gravy, mashed, seasoned with parsley flakes, salt and pepper with a little butter and milk) and burger mixture in lightly greased casserole, topped with carrot and potato mixture. Just heated and finished cooking in oven at 350 deg. F oven. Peas can be added or anything else that tickles your fancy.
Grateful to be feeling better.
Grateful to hear from my friend Theresa. She called me and she picked up the phone and informed me she was sitting drinking Pepsi. She just got word that her long time friend Cindy of 15 years passed away. Please say prayers for her.
Grateful that my son stopped by and brought me a new coffee table. He is working for a Realtor who was holding an open house today. Makes me feel very blessed.
Grateful for my healing meditation today. Used three angel decks today. The words that stuck in my mind were "Pray" and "Believe."
Grateful for all those who travel this journey with me.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-elephants/0230.gif

MajestyJo 10-30-2014 12:27 AM

Grateful for another day, and another day, and another day.
Grateful for so much, every time I went to post, I didn't know where to begin and where to start.
Grateful for the new awareness in my life.
Grateful for the people in my life.
Grateful for the new lessons learned, so hard, some I could have done without, but were very much needed, whether I liked it or not.
Grateful my God made some room for me in my life, even though I didn't want to let go, for example, the site closing which will free up some of my computer time. As you all know, I do like my pictures.
Grateful for the power of prayer.
Grateful that I got to go to the Holistic Center today.
Grateful that I got to meeting up with my friend and have a long conflab with my friend. Believe me, between the two of us, it is a conflab! After spending 5 hours together, we talked to each other on the phone and I had to tell her I had to go and hang up on her.
Grateful for my Chinese Food even though it always speaks to me and says, "More" when can I go and have some more!
Grateful that my fortune cookie said, "That wherever you go, you are a star!" roflmao!
Grateful I finally connected with both my sisters yesterday.
Grateful that the list could go on and on, just know that today is a new day, and as long as I remain grateful, I will stay clean and sober in today.

Quote:

I don't know about all of you, but I tend to put very high expectations on myself. I am bad for acting out "The If Only" Syndrome. I always seem to look at what I didn't do rather than look at what I have accomplished. My sponsor always says, "I get tired of just listening to what you do in a day!" People with fibromyalgia always feel like they haven't done enough. They think they should always have done more, and yet often accomplish more in a day than a normal person without any health problems.

I have changed over the years, and I know I have healed from the inside out, but this is one area that God and I are still working on.
This is from an old site, don't think it exists any more. Thank God this is a one day at a time program.

You are all so udderly wonderful! Sorry couldn't resist!

http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/1503308...68284/name/n_a

MajestyJo 11-02-2014 04:01 PM

Grateful for another day, especially grateful for today. The sun is shining.
Guilty of not being too grateful for three days of cold rainy days.
Grateful for the rainy days though, they kept me in and I caught up on laundry. ;)
Grateful that my feet haven't been swelling and haven't had to pain that I have had in the past. Coming off the medication that the doctor put me on was a good decision.
Grateful that 24 hours can start any time. Today I put the clock back at 6:30 a.m. so I wouldn't feel so bad about finishing my book before going to sleep.
Grateful that I slept through the snow flurries yesterday, not ready to face snow yet.
Grateful that I made the decision to go downtown and enjoy the sunshine today. I just closed down the computer, got dressed and went.
Grateful that I book I ordered had come in and I was able to wait for the library to open up at 1 p.m. to pick it up.
Grateful that an AA member was in the mall so I could sit and have a visit with him and drink my tea.
Grateful I was able to pick up a few groceries plus a few treats.
Grateful for the sunshine, waited for 20 min. for the bus, it didn't come, so took a taxi.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...-TNTVo-esMLbMX

MajestyJo 11-04-2014 04:24 PM

Grateful for another day, even if the sun disappeared. ;)
Grateful that I am feeling better, even if I am not feeling my best.
Grateful that I am grateful I am grateful, not sure that makes sense, but those are the words that come to mind. Without the gratitude, I just might not be able to get up and face each day with a loving heart and a caring attitude. I don't ever want to go back to that space ever again.
Grateful that I have pork chops to cook for dinner. Not so grateful that I have to cook them, trying to think of a new way to cook them, so praying for inspiration. Grateful that in today that in an option.
Grateful that each day is filled with a blessing if I am open to receive.
Grateful I received a phone call from my sister. She is hoping to finally get the IV removed from all the problems with her bone infection which has been on going for almost a year. Gives you a lot to be grateful for.
Grateful that I didn't let my issues go until I have no other option left but go to a doctor. For so many years, my sister put herself last, as as a result, she has many health issues. She had no time for herself.
Grateful for the lessons of the program and how it teaches me, if I don't have me, my loved ones don't have me either.
Grateful for all of you who walk this journey with me.

http://angelwinks.ca/images/lovepod/lovepod59.gif

MajestyJo 11-07-2014 11:19 PM

Grateful for another day, especially for the sunshine.
Grateful that I didn't have to wait for Housing.
Grateful that I had a run-a-bout day and hit most of my usual haunts.
Grateful that I ran into John, the guy who use to come and fix my computer, haven't seen him in ages.
Grateful that I made the decision to treat myself to lunch along with a Freshly Squeezed Juice.
Grateful that I finally finished my book.
Grateful that I found some interesting finds when I raided the library today.
Grateful for a Michael Connelly express book on the way out that wasn't there and my two previous trips in and out.
Grateful that I was able to connect with a couple of friends.
Grateful I am tired, hoping it isn't going to be a crash an burn, but a gentle slumber when I hit the bed, in the next 15 min. :D
Grateful all those who walk this journey with me.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...OR5vXJO9vYmqjA

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/insects-...eries/0043.gif

MajestyJo 11-09-2014 05:19 PM

Grateful for another day.
Grateful that I got some posting done.
Grateful that I don't have to post in every section every day and keep every section up to date, although I do try.
Grateful even though I don't always show it or say it, I am very much grateful for this site and for my second chance at life.
Grateful I don't have to cook dinner, even though it is Sunday dinner, leftovers are just fine! ;) We all know what F.I.N.E. means! (frustrated, insecure, neurotic, and emotional). Shouldn't feel that way, I cooked it! No one to blame but myself, sitting here trying to think of what I can do to add the Jo touch to it or should I just have a chicken sandwich. Grateful that I have an option.
Grateful that I got to watch tennis. Not so grateful that our Canadian player (Milos Raonic lost) to Roger Federer.
Grateful that more Davis Cup tennis is on tonight.
Grateful that the Lynsay Sands book I got is a page turner. She is a new author to me and the second historical romance in two weeks. Maybe I am sick, or I just need a break from all the who done its I have been reading.
Grateful that each day is a new beginning and unfolds as it should, not always as I would have them be or as I think they should, yet at the end of the day, quite often they are surprising, comforting, and surprising.
Grateful for a call from my friend S. last night, I was thinking of her and she beat me to the phone.
Grateful for all of you, without you, there is no me.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...oR9bG9uQ70EnV8

MajestyJo 11-11-2014 03:53 AM

Grateful for a new day, although I am not sure that yesterday has ended. ;)
Grateful that a day can start any time, which means it can end any time too. I have tried to end mine and go to sleep but so far it hasn't happened, so I am still in Monday with a foot in Tuesday.
Grateful for all those who serve this country and for those who have served in the past.
Grateful for a good day yesterday, my feet still want to keep on walking.
Grateful that I found the $40. that I thought I had lost. I kept telling myself it had to be home somewhere and not to panic. I told myself, "You will get by, you always do, even if it is lost. Don't give up, give over." I thought I had put the money in the inside pocket of my coat, only to find it in the pocket of my hoodie that I had worn the day before when I had gone to the pharmacy. So grateful, I didn't lose it, it was not a safe place to put it. Another lesson learned, with my memory getting so bad, I need to be more careful as to where I put things.
Grateful that Dancing with the Stars was on, it always lifts my spirits. I saw some of The Voice but will watch it tomorrow, or catch the rerun next Sunday.
Grateful for the meditation I did tonight, it reaffirmed again, as much as we like to think that it is about others, it is about us and our reaction to their energy and words, and how we allow them to affect us.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-24...bears/0208.gif

MajestyJo 11-12-2014 08:39 PM

Grateful for today and catching up some old posts.
Grateful that I was inside and didn't have to go outside as it is getting close to the freezing point.
Grateful that The Voice result show is on and I get to see what I missed last night.
Grateful that I don't have a lot of pain today.
Grateful that my son came by and is cooking dinner (baked potato with cheese plus steak and onions).
Grateful that my head ache has eased, hoping to get some reading done later.
Grateful for old posts that I can go back to and get some fuel for my soul. I always seem to be led to where I need to go, no matter what section I look in.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-...isure/0041.gif

MajestyJo 11-15-2014 08:53 AM

Grateful for another day even though some of the flurries stuck to the ground.
Grateful that the sun is trying to shine even though it isn't doing a very good job.
Grateful that it is Saturday. Not so grateful that Housing is shutting the water off in our building for 9 hours.
Grateful that I found the slow cooker recipe yesterday, I can put dinner in and forget it no matter what the day brings. I will have to do the JoAnne thing to it because I don't have their ingredients, but that is okay, the principles are the same.
Grateful that I got more of my book read, hoping to finish it today.
Grateful for the lessons learned, it was my fault I lost the key. I forgot them in my mailbox. I can get angry with the lady for not turning them in, and be grateful to Housing for not charging me for the chaos, yet it all began with me.
Grateful that each day is a lesson. Learned another one this morning. Unplug the heating pad and you won't trip over the cord when you wake up, and it won't jar the table your glass is sitting on, which won't knock over your glass, and it won't roll on the floor and break. ;)
Grateful for the tennis that has been on.
Grateful that the sun came out as I typed this even though it is only 32 deg. F.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-24...bears/0066.gif

MajestyJo 11-18-2014 12:11 AM

Grateful for a new day.
Grateful I got the readings posted.
Grateful my health held up was getting a tightening in the chest and the feet haven't wanted me to sit at the computer, but just coundn't close the day without making an attempt. Wasn't able to make a few posts, but that is okay.
Grateful that I can accept things as they are in today. Even more grateful that I don't have to like it in order to accept it. Especially all this snow that has been coming down for two days, too bad they don't have snow tires for my walker.
Grateful that between my inhalers and my Vicks Vapour Rub I have have a cold but have warded off bronchitis. (Touching wood)
Grateful my son took my library books back and got some groceries for me.
Grateful I found these new mouse images. ;)

http://www.picgifs.com/graphics/m/mi...ice-044004.gif

MajestyJo 11-20-2014 11:11 PM

Gratitude for another day. A day that started late and one I restarted by going back to bed to feel good and get the energy to do what I needed to do.
Grateful that I got my laundry done.
Grateful that my son was here to share the chocolate pudding with so I didn't find it necessary to eat the whole thing.
Grateful that I had the thought tonight, that I got out in the country to my sister's last weekend and saw the fall colours before they all disappeared and the snow came.
Grateful that the snow has stopped for the moment. I do like that white stuff when it covers up the gray of the city and all the slush and stuff and makes everything look nice. Nice to look at, but not so nice to get around in.
Grateful that I don't have to shovel it. Have problems pushing my walker through it.
Grateful that curling is on. Now I am good for the whole weekend.
Grateful that my book is almost finished, should have it done in time by bedtime.

http://www.picgifs.com/graphics/m/mi...ice-876861.gif

MajestyJo 11-25-2014 01:45 AM

Grateful for a new day.
Grateful that my computer seems to be working at the moment.
Grateful that today is a new beginning.
Grateful that it isn't going to cost me anything to get my computer fixed, the adapter cord is free. I just have to pick it up. My bus fare is free because of my walker, so I have lots to be grateful for.
Grateful that the sun is suppose to make an appearance tomorrow. Hopefully the wind will die down and I will be able to get out and about. I have only been out one day in ten days. I will be grateful to be mobile again, having problems again with swollen feet.
Grateful that my son came and did my floors, moved my refrigerator and stove and did a good clean.
Grateful for this program. Grateful for the awareness and the reality it brings to my life and even though I would like to hide under a blanket of denial or crawl under the bed covers and not face the world, I know that my God has a purpose for my life. I pray each day that He guides me and that I have the strength, courage, and the wisdom to follow.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-...tures/0285.gif

MajestyJo 11-26-2014 06:51 PM

Grateful that although Google isn't performing up to par, I can go back to Internet Explorer. It is familiar and I know it's quirks. ;)
Grateful that my son helped me shop, even though I always spend more when he does. For some reason, he sees my needs so much better than I do. :D
Grateful that I went into the library and returned a book and didn't take one out. I did go by the express shelf though and took a peek, I must confess. Thankfully, nothing spoke to me.
Grateful that I made it to the Al-Anon meeting. I had full intentions of going for coffee afterward for the meeting after the meeting but for some reason, I found myself calling my son and asking him to meet me to go shopping an our earlier than planned. It is good, I just would have cancelled after going to the chiropractor's and getting the adjustment, sitting through the meeting and by then, the body wouldn't have wanted to get up and go again. Going to the meeting energized me. What a difference a meeting makes.
Grateful I got my Freshly Squeezed Fruit Juice today. I saved it and am drinking it now as I am posting.
Grateful that there are three hours of nature shows on, so I can sit back, enjoy, and let the body do it's survival thing after being on the go. Doing the go, go, crash and burn things is not good.
Grateful I can take a break and come back to do more, just hurting too much to do more at the moment. As I shared with a friend at the meeting today, acceptance is still the key.
Grateful for those who walk this journey with me in today.

http://angelwinks.ca/images/generalp...ralpod1206.jpg

MajestyJo 11-28-2014 09:42 PM

Grateful that there wasn't much on TV tonight that I wanted to watch and I was able to catch up on some posts on another site.
Grateful that I had a very restful and healing sleep this afternoon, thanks to the treatment at the Holistic Center yesterday.
Grateful for TV dinners.
Grateful I have no need to go out as it says rain, freezing rain and ice pellets on the TV screen when I checked the weather just now. It is -5 deg. C which is 23 deg. F and seems colder with wind chill.
Grateful that Internet Explorer 7 seems to be working if I remember to delete the cookies and not let them pile up. Still finding my way around the formatting.
Grateful that I can go back to old posts and find new blessings and share with new friends.

Quote:

When we look back, we realize that the things which came to us when we put ourselves in God's hands were better than anything we could have planned.

Alcoholics Anonymous p. 100

Got this from As Bill Sees It* today and it is something that expresses how I have been feeling. There is nothing I can do, other than do the do things each day, put turn things over and leave them in His Hands.

I need to eat properly. I need to get my rest. I need to do my meditation and prayers. I need to meet my daily commitments both in my home and on the internet.

Many years ago, I put my life into God's Hands. I didn't know what my purpose was. I questioned my reason for being. The answer I got was, "Carry the message to the message of recovery to those who still suffer."

So unless He changes His mind, I will be here!

* Never knew that the book was called "The AA Way of Life." It just goes to show how we can be so selective in our vision, hearing, and choices and are often unable to see the whole picture. Every time I open a book, I see something new. The news never becomes old!

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-mice/0159.gif

MajestyJo 12-01-2014 03:27 AM

Grateful for a new day. Not so grateful that I am not sleeping. :(
Grateful that I got some sleep in my chair earlier.
Grateful that my pain has eased since I came on line to post.
Grateful that it is true, that when you get out of self, the pain eases. I did my laundry and my sons (he did some errands for me), and my body protested.
Grateful that my God speaks through His Word and that of others when we are prepared to listen. Sometimes we turn things around to make them into what we want to hear or make them into words we consider false and negative and not good for us to hear, yet the truth comes out in the end. I am a firm believer that things are not all negative or all positive. It is about me getting honest with me.
Grateful for a call from my sister today. She called me yesterday to say she had gotten 5 bags of clothes from a sister of a friend of hers. She called to say she had 4 coats for me to try on. Not sure they will fit as she is shorter than me, but very grateful and always open and willing to receive. They will be new to me.
Grateful that Housing is suppose to be coming I the morning. I hope it is early morning, not late morning, even though I have yet to find some sleep. That way I can always come home and sleep this afternoon. ;) Not so grateful that they are shutting the water off again from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Grateful that my computer is holding out and pray that I will be able to connect with John at noon on Tuesday.
Not so grateful that the Hamilton Ti-Cat Football team lost the Gray Cup.

http://angelwinks.ca/images/kidpod/kidpod1112.jpg

MajestyJo 12-04-2014 06:52 AM

Grateful for another day. Not so grateful when I see that I have missed a day, because I know there is always something to be grateful no matter what goes down in a day. When I don't post here it is because I have allowed time to get in the way and that is not good.
Grateful that the holiday specials have started. I especially like the ones on the Food Network even if they make me hungry and a lot of the things I can't have or wouldn't eat if they gave them to me.
Grateful for the music specials, those are special to me. Love my music.
Grateful that my son made the potato salad that he promised. I wasn't feeling good yesterday and laid down and slept for 3 hours. I never heard a thing. :(
Grateful that less is more. I love the slogan, keep it simple. When I clutter up my mind and start thinking and become a wanna bee and going into wanna haves, then I forget to be grateful for what I have and for what is, and forget what was.
Grateful for those who travelled this journey with me in the past to get me to where I am at in today.
Grateful for those who travel this journey with me in today.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...npxjCgd7XorZnA

MajestyJo 12-12-2014 09:10 PM

Grateful for a day that is almost finished. ;)
Grateful for a week that is almost finished. ;)
Grateful that it is the weekend.
Grateful that I am able to post.
Grateful that I found what I think the problem is even if I can't fix it.
Grateful that I only have to wait until Tuesday to see John. (I think)
Grateful that there is always a tomorrow to try again.
Grateful that there is hope and that a new solution may appear.
Grateful that when I find acceptance of what is in the moment, I can life with what is, no matter what it is.
Grateful that I got to see the chiropractor and the doctor this week.
Grateful that I got out to get some groceries.
Grateful that I got a bonus cheque from the Government called Trillium. It is a bonus and something I am grateful for. I bought myself a Freshly Squeezed juice.
Grateful I have lots of books in case I get snowed in.
Grateful for my son's help, he takes them back as I read them.
Grateful that I can't keep up all the posts, I can do some and I am trying to accept, that that is enough.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-mice-1/0016.gif

MajestyJo 12-15-2014 03:10 AM

Grateful to get some posting done, most of yesterday was spent in pain.
Grateful that when I got on line, the hour just seemed to disappear. That might be because I had a 3 hour sleep yesterday. :(
Grateful that I was able to get some reading done. Starting a series of books by David Baldacci, catching up on some I haven't read.
Grateful for the food specials on the Food Network even though they make me hungry.
Grateful that I remembered that the Barbara Walter's Special was on.
Grateful for Christmas music. It is playing while I post. It is now past time to call it a night.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-mice/0190.gif

MajestyJo 12-16-2014 08:41 AM

Grateful for another day although I am afraid there is a but attached. I would be much more grateful if the sun was shining.
Grateful for the new pictures, didn't realize they were so big. I do love animation, hope you don't mind, they lift my spirit.
Grateful for Christmas music, it is playing while I am posting.
Grateful that the month is flying by so quickly and time isn't dragging. Who would ever thought that there wouldn't be enough hours in a day?
Grateful that my book and my bed is calling me, so will see who speaks the loudest.
Grateful I got my laundry done.
Grateful for those of you who walk this journey with me.

http://rs717.pbsrc.com/albums/ww173/...ted_4.gif~c200

MajestyJo 12-19-2014 08:35 PM

Grateful for a sunny day.
Grateful that my doctor gave me an emergency appointment, even though I am none the wiser after having seen him.
Grateful that he sent me for testing. Will be really grateful if I get the results before Christmas.
Grateful for the specials that I was led to today. (Bathroom stationary $3.99 for 12 rolls 2 ply and paper towels for 59 cents each)
Grateful for my God's Timing.
Grateful that I was able to keep up.
Grateful that I got my library books back and some new ones to replenish my stores for the holidays.
Grateful for the most delicious cheese bread from Denninger's that was my "me" gift, NOT on sale, $4.59 for a small loaf, and I ate four slices of it with my dinner tonight.
Grateful for four cranberry scones that I got from there as well. I bought them instead of taking myself out for dinner.
Grateful that my God reveals Himself in many ways. Some days I wonder, what I missed!

http://www.graphics16.com/g/weekend/weekend_070.gif

MajestyJo 12-21-2014 01:08 PM

Grateful to wake up to sunshine.
Grateful that it is a day of peace.
Grateful that I am sitting here with no pain.
Grateful that I don't feel that I have to rush about and fill my day.
Grateful that I can take things as they come.
Grateful for music, if it isn't playing today, most times without the words.
Grateful that I can turn it off and sit in the quiet.
Grateful for all of you who travel this journey with me.
God Bless.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/holidays...eetings/71.gif

MajestyJo 12-23-2014 01:54 AM

Grateful that it is a new beginning.
Grateful that yesterday was very full and very rewarding even though I had words and a confrontation with my son.
Grateful that I got to talk to both my sisters, not something that happens very often.
Grateful that it was a Serenity Prayer Day, things just unfolded as it should. The kind where you didn't have to wait for buses. The bus driver was courteous and lowered the ramp and allowed me to wheel my walker on the bus without having to lift it on with my groceries, things that I wanted for Christmas dinner on sale, things I hadn't thought of coming to mind or just there, giving me a 'god' moment, for which you just have to say a big thank you for. i.e. Had no thought of buying ice cream, my favourite and my son's favourite, both on sale for $3.99 each on sale.
Grateful that I got some sorting done, have been wanting to rearrange a dresser in my bedroom for some time and finally got it done tonight because there was nothing on TV that I wanted to watch. I could work and just listen to my music.
Grateful for my God's Goodness.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/christmas-animals/0057.gif

MajestyJo 12-25-2014 11:43 PM

Grateful for a day with family.
Grateful for a clean and sober Christmas.
Grateful for something that use to be difficult is something that is made much easier by me and my attitude. I only get out of it what I put into it. I don't go with expectations of myself or them.
Grateful that I have a program.
Grateful for my the Gift of Love and His Grace that shows me the way to live each day to the best of my ability, one day at a time, so grateful for His Blessings and Insight.
Grateful for all of you who walk this journey with me. I pray that you too had a safe and sober holiday.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/christmas-merry/0123.gif

MajestyJo 12-28-2014 02:34 PM

Grateful for a new day.
Grateful to be grateful.
Grateful that even though nothing much is happening, I can just allow myself to just be and I don't have to make it happen.
Grateful that I have freedom of choice today. Today I choose not to use. Today I choose not to go out in the cold.
Grateful that someone is only a phone call away.
Grateful that I have recovery people who live in my building.
Grateful that my son has gone for a walk and has left me to the pleasure of my own company, instead of watching football. (Yesterday he came by to watch wrestling)
Grateful that I know I have freedom of choice and can tell him no, even though most times I don't say it often enough.
Grateful that I have a choice as to what I am going to eat and what I am going to prepare to eat. Some people don't have that choice. For that, I will be eternally grateful. There were times in my life, I didn't have that choice.
Grateful for all of you who walk this recovery road with me.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/christmas-happy/0076.gif

MajestyJo 12-31-2014 06:17 PM

Grateful for the last day of 2014.
Grateful for the opportunity to put closure on this year and the opportunity to start a new one.
Grateful for the gifts of 2014.
Grateful for the lesson learned and the experiences garnered, and the awareness given.
Grateful for the doses of the reality, whether accepted or denied in the moment.
Grateful for the choices and for the gift of being able to chose again.
Grateful for the grace so graciously received and the grace that was unconsciously received, but always done with a humble attitude that without you God, nothing is possible.
Grateful that even though I may not always have the right words to say what I want to say, you know what I mean.
Grateful that each day is a closer walk with Thee. How much time We have missed!
Grateful for those who walk this journey with us.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-mice/0175.gif

MajestyJo 01-02-2015 07:33 PM

Grateful for today. It seemed like a day and a half.
Grateful that I got some sleep.
Grateful for leftovers.
Grateful to wake up in time for Jeopardy.
Grateful that I listened to myself after giving myself a good talking to. (Told myself my book would be there when I woke up.)
Grateful for family and friends and that means you.
Grateful that January is gratitude month. For me, gratitude is something that belongs in every day of the year.

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.6079...6&pid=15.1&P=0

MajestyJo 01-05-2015 11:57 PM

Grateful that today is drawing to a close, it hasn't been one of my better day.
Grateful that I finally did get my posting done, wasn't sure I was going to be able to get on the computer to post.
Grateful that pray works!
Grateful that my God can do for me what I can't do for myself.
Grateful that I finally figured out what was going on with the readings. There was a lot of duplicates, and I was trying to figure out how I could post and share on them, so I think I finally got the enlightenment I need.
Grateful that all things work for the higher good of all.
Grateful that when I went down to the pharmacy today that I got a box of biscuits covered in dark chocolate for 49 cents. $3. off, they are probably stale but should be okay for dunkin'!
Grateful for those who walk this journey with me!

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-dogs/0219.gif

MajestyJo 02-03-2015 12:20 PM

Grateful that I don't have to go outside to get to the Internet Cafe. There is a connecting door between the mall and my senior complex.
Grateful that I was able to get out and about and get my shopping done before we got hit by all the snow and blistering weather. Will be even more grateful if roads are cleared before Thursday and Friday when I have to go to two doctor's appointments.
Grateful that I have John to bring my computer to, unfortunately, last Tuesday was almost over before I realized it was here and his time and the cafe was over. Duh!!!
Grateful for my Notebook, but I think it has bit the dust although I am trying to keep a positive positive attitude.
Grateful for all the books I have read and all the tennis and curling I have watched while it has been down. ;)
Grateful that on the whole my health has been quite good.
Grateful for friends and family, food, fun and fellowship. Don't get too much frolic any more, but went out and bought myself a new comforter and have had more time to take myself to my bed and gotten more sleep. ;)
Grateful for those who walk this recovery road with me.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...Y8fXGgjWEf90Rg

MajestyJo 02-10-2015 02:52 PM

Grateful for another day of sobriety.
Grateful that my computer is fixed.
Grateful that I was able to post, even though I need to call it a day.
Grateful that blessings come in many forms and I am able to recognize them.
Grateful for leftovers.
Grateful that a day can start any time, I am about to start this one over again when I get off line.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/avatars-...ngels/0077.gif

MajestyJo 02-13-2015 12:58 AM

Grateful for another day of sobriety.
Grateful that a new day is starting, hopefully it will bring more patience and tolerance than the last 24 hours. My computer has been slow and I have been slower. :(
Grateful that my computer is still working.
Grateful for a delicious dinner, even if I did make it myself. That hasn't always been true lately, very grateful to have a renewed interest in food back in my life.
Grateful that I got to watch some tennis. My fibromyalgia has come out of remission and hasn't allowed me to do a lot of things that I normally do.
Grateful that I finished my book. Looking forward to a new book by Richard North Patterson. I tried to read it before but was unable to do so because it isn't large print, so going to give it a valiant try to see if we can get through it this time.
Grateful that I have no pressing appointments because a lot of cold is in the forecast, although if my head ache persists I will have to try to get into see my chiropractor before we get any more snow.
Grateful for the blessings of each day. My God is very good to me. So grateful for the awareness of His Gracious Gifts each day.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/avatars-...bears/0021.gif